Once Upon A Time In The Wastland - Part 1

Laird_Thorne

As Sister Sledge kneels to take a closer look, she hasn't seen the design before, it looks like it's something jury-rgged together out of spare parts, with an obvious hole behind it with a pair of wires twisted together. She thinks it might be possible to untwist them without setting the tripwire off, but she's unsure.

Looking over her shoulder, Doctor Rast's breathing gets a bit heavier. "Anything? We have to get past! We have to find out if they're alive still!"

OOC: @rorytheromulan - assume you've been there the

Action Points

• GM: 4
  • Heros: 2 of 6
Edited by Laird_Thorne (see edit history)
Name
Perception+Explosives
0; 0
success(1d20,9,below,no,no); success(1d20,9,below,no,no) [13]; [13,16]

jason-de-loos-gormcropresize.jpg.a97fa2bfe2fa08dd76e7f8f82e0f61a9.jpgSamson

AP Pool: 5/6 Defense: 0 HP: 13/13 Initiative: 12 Luck: 5/5 Conditions: None

The big lunk in tow had been paralyzed with awe at the sight of the vault. The sight of bloody corpses snaps him out of his reverie. Murmuring a prayer to Atom, he steps forward.

"No one here is blessed with the sacred knowledge of the tinker. The guardians of the vault are testing us. Trust your instincts, have faith the Great Divider! I will cross first."

With everyone out of the way, Samson prepares to cross the laser tripwire.

OOC: Pic in next post when I get that figured out.

-1AP for +1d20. Agility 7 + Athletics 3 (tagged, successes auto-crit)

Edited by rorytheromulan
template finished (see edit history)
Name
roll
3d20 5,1,8

Coward
Lv.1 Super Mutant

https://i.imgur.com/xLeukTN.png

Coward
Super Mutant

Def 2

HP 16/16

Init 13

LP 10/10

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.STRENGTH

PERCEPTION

ENDURANCE

CHARISMA

INTELLIGENCE

AGILITY

LUCK

SkillsAthletics ^ 3
Barter 0
Big Guns 0
Energy Weapons 1
Explosives 1
Lockpick 1
Medicine 1
Melee Weapons 1
Pilot 1
Repair 1
Science 1
Small Guns 1
Sneak ^ 3
Speech 0
Survival 0
Throwing 1
Unarmed ^ 3

GM AP 4/-

PC AP 3/6

Coward sees a bald and scarred man barrel through them, launching himself towards the dank hall. Taking it as a challenge, Coward is emboldened to follow suit.

"Alright! Nothing to it! Um... Uh... Last one out 's a rotten egg."

He knees Doctor Rast behind the knee, doubles over with his arms outstretched forward, and leaps after Samson. He then processes the man's words a good while after. "Atom? Great Divider? Where have I heard these before?"

Mechanics

Damage Reduction

Head (2) Torso (8) L.Arm (11) R.Arm (14) L.Leg (17) R.Leg (20)
Physical
Energy
StatusNormal or Blank
Injured
Treated

Other:

Major Action: Jumping over the tripwire. (TN 12Agi 9 + Athletics 3) [4, 1] +2 PC AP
Minor Action: .

Edited by Passione
I did a boo-boo. Athletics is a Tag Skill. 4 successes. +2 PC AP (see edit history)
Name
Agi 9 + Athletics 3
2d10 6,7
d20s, not 10s
2d20 4,1

• 2 weeks later...

As Samson and Coward bound off down the corridor, Doctor Rast offers a hand to Sister Sledge to help her up from where she had disabled the tripwires. "We should follow them, 'eh?"

As you turn left to follow the small metal corridor deeper into the vault, it expands quickly into a massive atrium that wraps around a huge space with a twisting maze of walkways and stairs. Roaming the atrium are a horde of deadly-looking feminine robots looping around on endless patrol. Less than a second later, a deafening alarm sounds throughout the atrium. A dozen or more hidden auto-turrets drop down from positions all around the atrium, rotate their guns towards any living creature they can see, and unleash a hell-storm of laser fire.

Rast quickly dove back to the corridor. "Don't! This way!" He steps back, crouching near another door in the corridor with two skeletons lying beside it.

OOC: AGI+Athletics, Difficulty: 2 to avoid the initial barrage down toward you all. :) After that, let me know what you want to do. The turrets plus the robots really seem to be an insurmountable obstacle for moving that way.

jason-de-loos-gormcropresize.jpg.3f2b55ae1505d55d5452c4578c1e28f7.jpg
Samson

The slow but tall Atomite barrels back to cover, turning his right shoulder to the hail of lasers.

"Atom protect your holy vessels!"

OOC: Athletics is tagged, so the one success is an auto-crit for 2 vs the difficulty of 2, so I succeed... right?

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)
Name
avoid the barrage roll
2d20 12,9

Coward
Lv.1 Super Mutant

Coward
Super Mutant

Def 2

HP 16/16

Init 13

LP 10/10

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.STRENGTH

PERCEPTION

ENDURANCE

CHARISMA

INTELLIGENCE

AGILITY

LUCK

SkillsAthletics ^ 3
Barter 0
Big Guns 0
Energy Weapons 1
Explosives 1
Lockpick 1
Medicine 1
Melee Weapons 1
Pilot 1
Repair 1
Science 1
Small Guns 1
Sneak ^ 3
Speech 0
Survival 0
Throwing 1
Unarmed ^ 3

GM AP 4/-

PC AP 5/6

While the grown-ups share a moment, the bald boys bound deeper into the vault. Coward is glad for the playmate but the place still gives him the creeps.

They chance upon a huge clearing, with slick and shiny toys. Unfortunately those toys shoot. It's a good thing the security robots might take a while to get up here.

"Oh, all heck." Phlegm collects in his throat and his voice comes out more guttural. "What now?!"

Coward does another leapfrog and springs towards the good doctor.

Mechanics

Damage Reduction

Physical
Energy
StatusNormal or Blank
Injured
Treated

Other:

Major Action: Evading turret fire. (TN 12Agi 9 + Athletics 3) [6, 4] +2 PC AP

Edited by Passione (see edit history)
Name
roll
2d20 6,4

jason-de-loos-gormcropresize.jpg.3f2b55ae1505d55d5452c4578c1e28f7.jpg
Samson

"Great Divider, forgive me. Sorry friends, in my zeal I blundered into a forbidden area. Did anyone see a different path?"

OOC: Let's use the door we just ran past.

• 3 weeks later...

meanie_by_pheberoni_d95w3yg-pre.jpg.f0bb1b2b774415dc9ab030b2343c4fa2.jpgSister Sledge

AP Pool: 0/6 Defense: 1 HP: 11/11 Initiative: 13 Luck: 6/6 Conditions: None

Being a little behind the others, taking in everything she could, she had some warning from the sound of the others struggling with the blockade.

So girding herself she kept low and fast as she caught up with the others, thankfully avoiding all the trouble ahead of them

"Is there another way around this? Or will we need to force our way through everything?"

OOC: Borrow a point for the roll, thankfully it seems!

Edited by TiffanyKorta (see edit history)
Name
AGI+Athletics
success(3d20,6,below,no,no) 6,18,5

Posted (edited)

Inside Vault 95

As you huddle near the door, out of the line of fire of the turrets, Sister Sledge spots a small, sharp piece of metal on the ground. Picking it up and using her Multi-tool, she is able to work the lock this way and that. After a breathless moment there is an audible snap as the piece of metal breaks as the lock opens. Opening the door, you rush in, quickly closing the door behind you. As you glance around, you are in a small room with two walls lined with dusty, disabled computers. Ashtrays, empty chem injections, and broken bottles litter the floor. A single working computer and monitor glows with a dull, green light on a desk cluttered with files. Sitting with her back slumped up against an adjacent desk is a young woman with short, dark hair wearing warm, tight-fitting clothes suited for long-distance travel. Her glasses lay askew on her nose, one of the lenses fractured. Her hands are soaked with blood as they try to apply pressure to a vicious hole in her abdomen.

After a few moments, she looks up and speaks in a serene, but pained voice. “Hey, Daddy-O,’’ she says, smiling enough that you can see her broken teeth. “Looks like … you’re all stuck with me now.” As she begins to slump a bit, Doctor Rast rushes forward, helping her lie back and quickly examining her, his spotless white coat becoming more and more blood-smeared as he works.

Action Points

• Heros: 3 of 6

Coward
Lv.1 Super Mutant

Coward
Super Mutant

Def 2

HP 16/16

Init 13

LP 8/9

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.STRENGTH

PERCEPTION

ENDURANCE

CHARISMA

INTELLIGENCE

AGILITY

LUCK

SkillsAthletics ^ 3
Barter 0
Big Guns 0
Energy Weapons 1
Explosives 1
Lockpick 1
Medicine 1
Melee Weapons 1
Pilot 1
Repair 1
Science 1
Small Guns 1
Sneak ^ 3
Speech 0
Survival 0
Throwing 1
Unarmed ^ 3

GM AP 7/-

PC AP 3/6

The cowardly mutant recoils at the notion that the group could be cornered rats. "Stuck? Stuck how?" He ferrets around the room, looking for doors, windows, and air ducts.

Desperate for answers, he scrambles and focuses his attention towards putting the injured woman together again.

In a moment of clarity, Coward slowly postures up and thinks out loud. "Doctor, is this it? Is she your daughter? What is she doing here?"

Mechanics

Damage Reduction

Physical
Energy
StatusNormal or Blank
Injured
Treated

Other:

Is she injured or dying? Would First Aid help? Would this be treating an injury?

Giving Laird 3 AP to buy two d20s
-1 Luck Point to substitute Int

Major Action: Keeping the woman alive (TN XLuck 9 + Medicine 1) [16, 17, 12, 15]

Edited by Passione (see edit history)
Name
Luck 9 + Medicine 1
4d20 16,17,12,15

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Inside Vault 95

Doctor Rast shook his head as he administered to the young lady. With a moment to pause, you all see several computer consoles about the room sittin gon top of desks, some more broken-appearing than others. papers lay scattered on the desks, with cabinets and boxes also scattered here and there.

Action Points

• Heros: 3 of 6

OOC: Thank you for bearing with me. Work has relaxed a bit so am a bit freer to post more. :)

What are you all doing while Rast examines the girl? :)

jason-de-loos-gormcropresize.jpg.a97fa2bfe2fa08dd76e7f8f82e0f61a9.jpgSamson

AP Pool: 4/6 Defense: 0 HP: 13/13 Initiative: 12 Luck: 5/5 Conditions: None

Samson rests his beatstick against the frame of the door behind them. He eyes the papers, though the scientific and military jargon would be lost on him if he tried to read them, and he finds his focus divided between the blessed scriptures and Rast and the wounded woman. Ideally, stabilizing and sealing a chest wound is a two-man job. His heart tells him, let the others search, so the amateur medic kneels by Rast to give him a hand with the patient.

"Here, I can hold that wound. You can call me Samson. How are you on drugs, Rast? If you want, I can spare some Buffout.(tm)"

OOC: While Rast examines, I am helping Rast! Buffout offered. I will Assist with Med + Agility, but I would like to say Strength because Samson has strong and steady hands (?). As part of the assist, I will do anything else he needs an extra pair of hands to do. Spending 1 point because Medical is not Tagged.

Other players: If you also want to help, I have two suggestions for prime pre-war gear to spend Luck to add to the scene: a chest seal, or a sterile plastic cover, or some medical tape. I'd say medical morphine, but judging by the empty injectors laying around, it looks like the girl's already got the pain situation sorted.

Agility+Med Assist to Rast

Name
Agility+Med Assist to Rast
3d20 17,9,20

meanie_by_pheberoni_d95w3yg-pre.jpg.f0bb1b2b774415dc9ab030b2343c4fa2.jpgSister Sledge

AP Pool: 0/6 Defense: 1 HP: 11/11 Initiative: 13 Luck: 6/6 Conditions: None

Medicine had never been her strong suit, but she was sure that one of the others (as it appeared already) would be able to help. So she focused on what she could do, quickly making her way over to the computer still working away.

Hopefully, it would help give them some idea of just what happened here, and just how much trouble they were now about to find themselves!