Act I - Chapter 1: The Woods

SerakHawk

Act I: Obsidian Plains

1dfaad0e439d4b5f96cf97fe27cae6c6.jpgOnce the hubbub and commotion of the odd appearance into the Obsidian Plains subsided the people discovered very little to do or act on. Many huddled in groups with hushed conversations as they tried to understand what had transpired and where they had been taken too. On further investigation debris seemed to litter the plain in its nooks and vales, wood, stone, metals, discarded relics and broken machines. Things forgotten and abandoned to time, some life too found a way to persist in the apparent empty lands, some nooks held plants thriving in the ever lit plane or small creatures skittering away deeper into the obsidian rock faces. Pools of water formed in other areas, seemingly providing a minimum of everything the people deposited would need to continue living apart from the ability to track passage of time.

People complained of a pressure, a pull toward the Arch. Most ignored the pull, the pressure and continued on. Content with being alive. You had felt it as well, maybe stronger than most and it had led to you stand in front of the Arch along side several others. A woman directing a group of the survivors into making some make-shift structures notices the group of you near the Arch approached. She introduced herself as Director Vanya.

"I don't know where we are, or what this is, but we need to find out. I can tell something is drawing you to the Arch, don't ask me how I know.. I don't have the same 'pressure', but it looks like you should find out what this is. I'll be staying here - try to round up some kind of camp structure and watch for more people willing to explore. For some reason I think this is what I was pulled here for... Good luck. Hopefully you can find some answers or at least the right questions."

Giving you a nod she returned to directing the survivors.

With a last look at the Obsidian Plains your group continued into the Arch and through. As you entered it a small twisting sensation overcame you and a sharp pain in your dominate hand and you were on the other side in the middle of a field surrounded by trees reaching toward the star-lit sky. The portal shut behind you without a sound.

A quick inspection of the pain from your hand reveals a spider-webbing circular Mark on your hand running up your forearm. The circle had the same appearance as the obsidian plain's sky with one difference. There was a silver line pointing in a fixed direction, spinning as your arm moved.

Act I - Chapter 1: The Woods

f74ede1a4d255226219e3e7c583e94ab.jpgSome underbrush separates the group from the main body of trees thick enough to blot out the sky when entered, not thick enough to significantly imped travel. Two large moons are visible from from the clearing, reflecting the glow of the sleeping sun. The gentle night sounds of a healthy forest continue unperturbed by your arrival.

Some underbrush separates the group from the main body of trees thick enough to blot out the sky when entered, not thick enough to significantly imped travel. Two large moons are visible from from the clearing, reflecting the glow of the sleeping sun. The gentle night sounds of a healthy forest continue unperturbed by your arrival.

• 1 month later...

spacer.pngThe sensory deprivation of the Void had been a study in Pango's Paradox, G9 realized. The lack of data to be had made what little that came into to be considered extra sensitive, regardless of it's meaningless nature. A discarded pile of material was no more important here than it was where he'd been before. But the servers whirled about regardless. The data needed to be taken, analyzed, and stored away for later. G9 inspected each one they passed with little more than the natural noises of his plasteel and metal body. 

The sensations of the Arch was no different. His analytics stored away the experience in the long-term memory storage. It was not a particularly enjoyable sensation, so he thought it best to keep it readily available to compare to any future events. As the others pointed out their new tattoo, G9 too looked over his upper limbs. Expectations were low -he was obviously not Bios and had not indication that such things happened to machines- but was secretly delighted when he found the stamping along his own limb. Where the plating held gaps, the marking seemed to simply skip to the next piece. The mystery of it was incredibly curious, but the fact that he was included seemed of significance. 

G9 stepped out away from the group for a moment. His servos, sensory ports, and cameras all whirling to life again. "My planet did not have two moons." He said matter-of-factly. He continued his data-intake without other observations until otherwise interrupted. 

• 4 weeks later...

1360007312_MarkusJackson.jpg.14a5005787d6d3f8913355a0782661c6.jpgMarkus found himself an unwilling pilgrim to this strange land of swirling chaos. Strange things that seemed to be made of metal, but whose craftsmanship not even the finest smith back home could match. Bits and pieces of land and materials both familiar and alien scattered about. He steadied his balance against the strange pull, and absently found himself moving toward the large archway. The woman's words were strange, and he couldn't place the accent, but he understood her and what she was telling the group, and resigned himself to go with the others, as there didn't seem to be a better option at the moment. He stepped through the arch, and the world went black around him.

The pain in his hand was sharp, and he instinctively pulled his arm close to his chest. Another foot forward and the black peeled away from his sight as he stepped out into the world. Feeling the soft earth underneath him again gave Markus some reassurance, until he noticed the second moon in the sky and realized this was in fact, not his home. The pain in his hand and wrist prodded at him, drawing him back into reality from his despair as he looked down to see what could be causing it. Seeing the dark mark that covered a large part of his palm, with parts extending that looked like cracks in the rift reaching up each of his fingers, and a longer one wrapping around his forearm almost to his elbow. Startled, Markus shakes his arm violently, assuming it to be something stuck to him, but slowly realizes it seems to be a part of him rather than an external attachment. "What the hell is this wretched mark?" He asks, more to himself than anyone else, taking a closer look at it, noticing the silver line. "A compass? But how's it a part of my arm. What witchcraft is this?" He pokes and prods a bit more, trying in vain to see if there's some way to peel it off from the edge.

He looks around, noticing the others seem to have been given this same marking, or at least one very similar. "Did one of ye do this to me?"