The Bar (Discussion)

Inquisitor D

I can pay 10 Mind Points to maintain Theriomorphosis across scenes, but this is heavily dependent on how much the GM actually breaks up scenes. Some GMs declare that any change in scenery is a new scene, while other GMs veer towards the interpretation that everything between two conflicts is simply one giant scene. Where you do fall on this spectrum?

Edited by Colette (see edit history)

I'm absolutely not going to call it a new scene every time you guys change location slightly. It's hard to give a hard rule, but time and amount of stuff that happens is more the factor. If y'all are going around the city trying to find an elusive oracle for example, you're gonna be visiting a bunch of locations, have multiple conversations, but it's one scene: I wouldn't transition until you've actually found the Oracle. That conversation would probably be its own scene, since it's something you needed time to reach. But if a Conflict starts while you're talking, that's not a new scene: that's just a development in the current scene.

And if finding the oracle was easier, I'd combine the two: even if you needed to cover some ground, we'd just montage that briefly, and go straight to the Oracle: one scene. If you're dealing with a series of challenges, but they're limited to one location, that's likely to be one scene too. Like, say you're pulling a heist on a castle. Most of the stuff you're doing is going to be one scene, but if things radically change, I'd consider saying this is now a new scene. (like, the castle is invaded by wererats unexpectedly.)

Thank you for clarifying. For now, I will stick to the Rogue and save Theriomorphosis for later.

Since I am using playtest material, once the English version of Techno Fantasy is released, I would like permission to fully respec as needed.

Wait, you like the premise? I'm not sure we have a premise. Hense asking folk about prefered group type. Glad you like what you see, but did you have any particular thoughts towards a party or plot you were after?

Either way though, yeah, new player's welcome. Do you have the books? I can try walking you through the system and chargen without them, but naturally that'd make things significantly easier.

As far as I am aware, Chimerists with Spell Mimic do not actually start with anything pre-learned. This is why Mako, the pregenerated Chimerist for Load Game, specifically does not start with anything in Spell Mimic, and why the document expressly advises the GM to give the Chimerist a chance to learn something in the first battle.

I have picked up an Italian copy of Techno Fantasy. As far as I can tell from running the Mutant's mechanics through Google Translate, the Mutant is essentially unchanged from the playtest version from back in June.

I lean towards using Zero Powers, since it feels reasonably exciting to build up a meter and unleash a devastating ultimate move. I am a fan of the Awakened Power variant, so if we do use Zero Powers, I would prefer to use that.

Thank you for your consideration.