Medical School and Brotherly Love

TheWhitefire

@Saber Tora @Visorian
Salarra sat outside the classroom during her lunch break. It had been a long day of going over the various techniques, steps, and treatments for injuries she might see on the field. A good refresher so far, but none the less gruelling. She was fortunate that pretty much every Union station had a continuing education building somewhere on it, self enrichment being considered a noble and wise pursuit within the broader Union culture.

That's when she spies Amani coming towards her.

"Hey! hello!" Amani lightly jogs towards Salarra outside of the education center. "Sorry for intruding, I hope you're not busy. I wanted to talk to you about our last mission...If you have the time of course." Judging from the dust around the cuffs of his pants and the fact that he's slightly out of breath, he either sprinted there or has been searching for Salarra for some time. He smiles as he speaks in between his words and panting.

"That airstrike, from our first mission? That was amazing! I was worried that infantry was going to start climbing on Khan and rip me out of my cockpit. You said that was your brother? I didn't know someone could fly suborbital craft with that level of precision, let alone how well he aimed those munitions. I was serious when I made my offer, I want to contract him if he's available, we're going to need all the help we can get once we land on Sanjack. It didn't feel right contacting him without your permission." Amani seems excited recounting the excitement of their first mission, but there is some reservation as he asks his question.

Edited by Visorian (see edit history)

Salarra's pride in her brother turns to surprise as Amani makes his request. "To be honest, I'd feel a lot better if he were coming along as well, but he's just shipped out on assignment. I don't think I mentioned it before, but he's a pilot in the Union navy."

She gathers her thoughts for a moment. "He is pretty committed to his post, but if you can persuade him to join up with us, I'd be more than fine with it."

Edited by Saber Tora (see edit history)

"I think I can swing something, I'm not sure if you're aware but union doesn't use currency internally but they still trade with Karakis. I'm sure a shipment of materiel or maybe some mana can get him a 'special assignment' near Sanjack." He smiles and begins walking away but turns and gestures for her to follow.

"Care to join me? Truth be told I know nothing about any of our ragtag little group and wouldn't mind making a new friend."