Party Time 2

TheWhitefire

@Chimi

The music hasn't gotten any better, though maybe Grey never minded it to begin with. This particular song seems to have a calliope in it of all things, despite the heavy electronic rhythms underneath, giving the whole thing a chaotic and somewhat disturbing air.

It had taken several days, but Kiyani Ashbird did eventually get back to Grey and told them she had just arrived at the station. Sure enough, sitting in the back of the club is a middle aged woman wearing one of the Sanjaki revolutionaries uniforms, a simple grey military trench coat with a black brimmer hat perched upon their head. She sniffed some fumes out of a drug bowl, leaning back in her seat as she awaited Grey.

Grey sighs. This place is so familiar but so alien. Back home she would hack the sound system, adjust things to her own liking. Here, she doesn't have the clout. At least, not yet.

Instead Grey queries the system, downloading the track. Queues it to the control system in her head that handles her ware, gives it a tweak so her ears...the microcomputer between her ears and her brain, that is, recognizes it as a threat, like a flashbang or a jackhammer. Instantly the noise dulls, though the echoes of it still seep through like poison toffee. And she can still feel it, in her chest, in her heart, the larger-than-life beat that demands allegiance.

Filtering like this makes hearing iffy, but really no more than trying to talk over the music. There's Ashbird. Grey doesn't order a drink yet. Maybe this would be over quick. She stalks over and wordlessly slides into the booth.

Grey's done a little homework. Ashbird is quasi-military, and Grey mirrors that. Grey on grey camo, industrial bland. Nothing distinctive, nothing close to any military anyone here has likely seen, intentionally so, stripped to the essential tropes. Bulky looking, but thin enough to not be hot in the Human Medium Climate of the station. The kind of jacket that hides a multitude of sins.

"Ashbird."

Ashbird languidly looks up at Grey, and nods. "So, I'm guessing you're the one who put out the request. An odd one, at that. Smuggling soldiers through... Stone won't like it if we get caught, could cause problems along the Dawnline shore. Definitely a risky one." She says, sniffing from the bowl again. "Sit, let's talk. Do you drink? It's on me."

"Well you know the solution to Stone's disapproval?" Grey leans forward, a feint at a conspiratorial whisper, though she's yell-talking to be heard over the music, "...don't get caught." She leans back again, arms laying along the top of the booth, faking ease she is only kind of feeling. Hoping bluster works as well here to keep her out of local social faux pas. "It's against my religion to refuse the offer of free intoxicants, bring it on. But yeah, it's odd. The org I'm working for is probably going to be more odd jobs than milk runs. But from what I've been able to dig up, I think we'd make good business partners..."

Name
Rollin!
1d20+1d6 14,5

Ashbird watches Grey for a little while, then taps something on the order console. A subaltern server comes over with a drink shortly after, setting it down in front of Grey.

"I like the way you think. Did a bit of research on you myself. Was not able to find much... almost like someone important didn't want you found. But I found just enough to know you're on the level, so I'll tell you what." Ashbird sets the drugbowl aside and leans back, eyes critically examining Grey. "I may be a smuggler, but I'm also an Ungrateful. If you're trying to help Sanjak, then I don't need money. I can't get you all the way planet side, not with an entire contingent of soldiers, but I can get you into the system completely undetected, and I can mask your signature so that no one knows your group is Union sponsored. There's a lot of eyes on Sanjak, watching it as a foretelling of how the Dawnline Shore is going to play out. A lot of the same players involved, after all. Once you get to the planetary blockade, though, the help I can offer you is limited. However, there is one thing I can do."

Ashbird pulls out a dataplating, and taps something on it sending up a holographic display. On it is a round drone, with several large guns protruding from it. "Turret drones. I'll give you two blink grenades. Activate them and one of these will blink to your location. It's weird Harrison Armory tech that I managed to come across at some point, don't worry about where or how. We good?"

OOC

RESERVE: Ashbird's Turrets

As a quick action, you can throw a blink grenade to a target within sensors and line of sight. When you do, a Turret Drone will immediately appear in that space, and operates as per the Turret Drone system.