The Headquarters

yxanthymir

Yeah, like... couldn't we have walked? Gotten public transport? How far out is the hospital?

(Maybe I'm too British, but public transport seems like an easy answer here. Leaving Lindsay and Mia high and dry doesn't make sense timeline wise: they'll probably be done with the apartment by the time we reach the hospital)

On 2/27/2024 at 11:53 PM, Angelic Crux said:

In my mental image, they're literally rolling Lindsay out of the passenger seat.

Also, I rolled! I... uh... didn't include modifiers since those are left to GM discretion, right?

You should add what you think you want to use, specially weaknesses. If you don't, I will add the bare minimum and no weakness.

But that roll gets a 7 without weakness, so that's the value I will use.

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)

Just a notice. Normally I make my important posts on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday (less frequent). Days I have more free time.

So try to post if possible before that time and keep the game moving. If I get at least two posts after my last one, I will try to move the game. If not, I will wait a little more or prod.

On our end, @dunderklumpen I... have an idea for something Myrtle/Mimi/Mori could do in this situation to Change The Game. But I'm starting to worry I've been showing off a bit with her powers already and don't want to double down on that without checking. I also can't guarantee this plan will get us anything that regular investigation won't. It's just a wild shot.

So, OOC, you down for me to do something a little crazy? ;) Or would you rather we play this safer?

52 minutes ago, Inquisitor D said:

On our end, @dunderklumpen I... have an idea for something Myrtle/Mimi/Mori could do in this situation to Change The Game. But I'm starting to worry I've been showing off a bit with her powers already and don't want to double down on that without checking. I also can't guarantee this plan will get us anything that regular investigation won't. It's just a wild shot.

So, OOC, you down for me to do something a little crazy? ;) Or would you rather we play this safer?

Go for it! I'm totally fine with you doing something crazy.

"Myrtle's pushing her Perfect Disguise to the limit in order to Change The Game. Her Mythos lets her take specific forms designed for an emotional response, the Close Confidante. While this is an unusual case, Adam's big hang up right now has been this mystery girl, she's a focus of his emotional state. She should qualify. Even if his memories of her are imperfect, the Elevator Game drags it out of you. It's a Truth Left Unspoken.

And she's in a good position to get those truths. These are emotions Myrtle gets. Regret and Longing, 'I wish I'd been able to swerve. I hope I didn't kill her'. She just needs to play the runaway, stay ahead of Kenna. And she's got Fast Reflexes, perfect for doing just that.

Even if this approach is dangerous. After all, it's going to leave her All Alone. That's not something she's fond of.

So, that's four to five power tags, since Close Confidante is a bit arguable, one weakness. So rolling to Change the Game with a +3

Why is this 'Change the Game' if this is something Myrtle's tags let her do anyway? Well, Myrtle's not just targeting Levine. She's trying to fool whatever the girl was running from when she showed up in the middle of the road. We don't know what happened to the girl, (Was she teleporting? Was something else teleporting her?) but the Sheriff implied multiple kids are missing, or at least something's up with them. Thus, on a gut level, 'knowing' that one of those targeted kids is at the hospital should get them to come here and try to deal with Myrtle.

Even if she can't trick the malefactor, she may be able to trick the Mythos. This girl's clearly a rift of some kind, or at least involved in one. Perfect Disguise should hopefully bring whatever she was caught up in towards Myrtle.

A buunch of ways this could backfire. It's a drastic play. But with kids in danger... best to advance our timetable a bit. And of course @yxanthymir, you're free to veto this whole idea if you don't think it works. If this roll fails, or my approach is invalid, Myrtle and Kenna can meet back up by the car to compare notes and where we go from here.

Otherwise... guess Myrtle's off to go play with fire a bit. Catch me if you can, Kenna! :D"

Let's see if I am understanding this correctly Myrtle can change her aspect and her power allows her to appear as a closed confidante of that person. The girl doesn't qualify for that purpose, but Myrtle is using a Change The Game to push the normal boundaries of her power to appear like the girl.

If I am right in that assumption, that looks like a linked move. You need to make a Change The Game move to power up your ability and then an Investigate move (Divination Power) to get a clue from it. I see no problem with that, however, in this case, this a hell of a push, you will get a result, but maybe not the result you are hoping for. 😉

I don't thiiink this needs Myrtle's power to be charged up to take the girl's form. But that's a debatable point, 'when does a tag just give you something and when do you need to roll for it' is a bit of an open question, so we can hammer it out some.

The heart of Myrtle's power is becoming someone that torments her target. I took a slightly broader view of it with her tags, since a Rift's power isn't supposed to be one to one to their mythos (and hit close confidante as a tag because it's the most devastating way to use it) but Perfect Disguise is a different tag. And 'whoever gets you scared' is the heart of how her mythos operates. As such, figured this was still close enough that Perfect Disguise would get it without a roll. The Elevator Game can make you face your love interest, the person you killed, or an annoyed maintenance man. All work, provided she has a reason that person would get a reaction out of her target!

("But that's really strong!" It's potentially useful, but Myrtle couldn't have done this without Levine, and all this gets her is appearance. She needs someone with firsthand experience to pull her Perfect Disguise from, and since Levine doesn't know the girl, Myrtle doesn't know anything about her either. Which makes this a sloppy disguise if someone actually starts asking questions.)

Change The Game was more trying to push who she's fooling with the power. Perfect Disguise should be enough to pull this on Levine. But with Change the Game, she's trying to take this girl's fate as her own. Whatever was chasing her, acting on her, now knows that she's at the hospital. This is less trying to get more information, more trying to provoke an unknown villain.

... Which is a terrible idea. ;) I said this was crazy. But that's what I'm gunning for. Maybe a Hunted story tag?

Edited by Inquisitor D (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Angelic Crux said:

Were you waiting up on me, Morphling? I'm happy to post, but didn't want to like... double tap it.

Sorry, life's been hectic lately.

8 hours ago, Inquisitor D said:

I don't thiiink this needs Myrtle's power to be charged up to take the girl's form. But that's a debatable point, 'when does a tag just give you something and when do you need to roll for it' is a bit of an open question, so we can hammer it out some.

The heart of Myrtle's power is becoming someone that torments her target. I took a slightly broader view of it with her tags, since a Rift's power isn't supposed to be one to one to their mythos (and hit close confidante as a tag because it's the most devastating way to use it) but Perfect Disguise is a different tag. And 'whoever gets you scared' is the heart of how her mythos operates. As such, figured this was still close enough that Perfect Disguise would get it without a roll. The Elevator Game can make you face your love interest, the person you killed, or an annoyed maintenance man. All work, provided she has a reason that person would get a reaction out of her target!

("But that's really strong!" It's potentially useful, but Myrtle couldn't have done this without Levine, and all this gets her is appearance. She needs someone with firsthand experience to pull her Perfect Disguise from, and since Levine doesn't know the girl, Myrtle doesn't know anything about her either. Which makes this a sloppy disguise if someone actually starts asking questions.)

Change The Game was more trying to push who she's fooling with the power. Perfect Disguise should be enough to pull this on Levine. But with Change the Game, she's trying to take this girl's fate as her own. Whatever was chasing her, acting on her, now knows that she's at the hospital. This is less trying to get more information, more trying to provoke an unknown villain.

... Which is a terrible idea. ;) I said this was crazy. But that's what I'm gunning for. Maybe a Hunted story tag?

Ok, understood. It makes some sense. I just want to inform that, without more information, it may not be useful, and as they are limited in number, it is better to use them when they are really necessary.

That said you may go ahead and create it if that is what you want.

*hums* I'm open to other tag suggestions if you want to make them. My intent here was more the narrative end result of trying to draw the bad guys in. 'Hunted' was just the first thing I thought of for a story tag that fit that idea.

I think... Hunted actually be functionally a weakness tag for Myrtle? She's basically just called out to whatever did this 'come get me', so it's going to hinder any attempts to actually escape. But I invoked four Power's worth of tags on this roll. If I'm reading that right, that means I've got four Juice to spend. So I can spend one to make a 'Hunted' tag, and then one to make it a Continual tag. That way it's not going to vanish after one use, and the rest of the party can invoke it in trying to find clues about what happened. And I still have two juice stored, ready to spend on other Change the Game uses.

... got a hunch Myrtle's probably gonna need that. ^^ But yeah, is all this right so far? If so, happy to confirm Hunted as a tag.