The Headquarters

yxanthymir

19 minutes ago, Inquisitor D said:

*hums* I'm open to other tag suggestions if you want to make them. My intent here was more the narrative end result of trying to draw the bad guys in. 'Hunted' was just the first thing I thought of for a story tag that fit that idea.

I think... Hunted actually be functionally a weakness tag for Myrtle? She's basically just called out to whatever did this 'come get me', so it's going to hinder any attempts to actually escape. But I invoked four Power's worth of tags on this roll. If I'm reading that right, that means I've got four Juice to spend. So I can spend one to make a 'Hunted' tag, and then one to make it a Continual tag. That way it's not going to vanish after one use, and the rest of the party can invoke it in trying to find clues about what happened. And I still have two juice stored, ready to spend on other Change the Game uses.

... got a hunch Myrtle's probably gonna need that. ^^ But yeah, is all this right so far? If so, happy to confirm Hunted as a tag.

Just remember the hard cap.

"Mia considers her options. The window seems promising at first, but leading into the basement could be dangerous or end up at a locked door anyway. Eventually she settles on the pipe leading upwards. "Gonna be just like riding the pole," she murmurs in an attempt to reassure herself, and then begins climbing. "Wait here," she says to Lindsay quietly. "If I can get in, I'll see about opening the door for you."

Just confirming if really you want to do that, because maybe Lindsay knows something your character doesn't know.

8 minutes ago, yxanthymir said:

Just remember the hard cap.

I did. Only rolled with a plus 3. ;) Remembering the Hard Cap is a good way to push me to start using my Weakness tags, which is why All Alone came up.

EDIT; just clarifying it's a +3. I didn't forget the rules of PbtA and randomly roll with 3 dice. :P

Edited by Inquisitor D (see edit history)

Hey, just to clarify Myrtle's actions here.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:03 PM, Inquisitor D said:

Myrtle's pushing her Perfect Disguise to the limit in order to Change The Game. Her Mythos lets her take specific forms designed for an emotional response, the Close Confidante. While this is an unusual case, Adam's big hang up right now has been this mystery girl, she's a focus of his emotional state. She should qualify. Even if his memories of her are imperfect, the Elevator Game drags it out of you. It's a Truth Left Unspoken.

And she's in a good position to get those truths. These are emotions Myrtle gets. Regret and Longing, 'I wish I'd been able to swerve. I hope I didn't kill her'. She just needs to play the runaway, stay ahead of Kenna. And she's got Fast Reflexes, perfect for doing just that.

Even if this approach is dangerous. After all, it's going to leave her All Alone. That's not something she's fond of.

Are we assuming that because Kenna doesn't know what's going on, she'll chase Myrtle as the girl, or is there something else that I'm missing?

Just making sure that I understand what's going on.

Edited by dunderklumpen (see edit history)

3 hours ago, dunderklumpen said:

Hey, just to clarify Myrtle's actions here.

Are we assuming that because Kenna doesn't know what's going on, she'll chase Myrtle as the girl, or is there something else that I'm missing?

Just making sure that I understand what's going on.

I'm hoping Kenna will guess what happened once she sees Mori just randomly vanished. Just a phone that *should* have had a picture of the girl on it. *grumblegrumble* Myrtle was using it earlier - hopefully Kenna can ID it as the same phone.

Still don't know if it worked in luring out a suspect, (That Kenna can then deal with) but that was the plan. If you'd rather she stick with Levine, well... Myrtle didn't explain the gambit here. I can't get mad at the choice you make.

On 3/9/2024 at 8:16 PM, Morphling said:

I decided to go ahead and make a roll. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to go well.

Even if the roll was poor, between underfed goth kid and Stripper Huntress, I think it was the best chance we had.

@yxanthymir I just rolled Investigation to try and work out more information from the girl's appearance. Roll seemed to succeed; can I ask questions? Would you rather I wait until we reunify? Or did the roll just not work?

Also, is the Hunted tag in play at all? If that idea isn't viable... fair enough, it was speculative. I'd like my juice back rather than just spending it on something that doesn't work?

Posted (edited)

@Inquisitor D There should be a shown section only for you with more details of her appearance. If you are not seeing it, just let me know. I feel it works better if I just post something instead of waiting for a question.

About the Hunted tag, you can wait if it applies to a situation. It can be in place to be used until it is proven false or true. Sorry to be obtuse, but I don't want to spoil anything before the right moment. 🤐

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)

Not seeing it, I'm afraid. Is it in that last post?

And while fair, I made 10. So I get [power] questions, right? ;) Or is there nothing more to learn from her appearance?

Fine to wait on the Hunted tag, I get not wanting to spoil, even by implication. I'd just like to not have wasted juice on an effect that's kinda meaningless. I've had good rolls- those ain't gonna last forever! :P Would be nice to get that juice back if Myrtle's Elevator Game Note Leaving powers weren't actually able to draw anyone out.

6 hours ago, yxanthymir said:

You probably missed a previous section, because of the same mistake. My bad, here it is for you. So you don't need to search for it.

Oh, durrrr... since an iron door didn't come up, like, in the description, I assumed that must've been for a door we hadn't met yet. Sorrrryyy.

Edited by Angelic Crux (see edit history)