LCGs and Solo Board Games

cailano

27 minutes ago, Raistlinmc said:

I know, Cai. We'd be buddies for sure!

Wanna move to Maine? There ain't much here, but it's pretty as hell and the seafood's fan-freakin'-tastic. :)

I think I'll stick with the nigh-endless beautiful weather and excellent Mexican food out here in California, but I'll continue to dream of meeting a group of friends who are into awesome boardgames and RPGs.

• 3 weeks later...

Love Mage Knight. Never play it enough. Love Mexican food too. Need to eat it more often.

I've enjoyed playing Sword & Sorcery. Great character advancement and sense of adventure. I need to continue that campaign again..

On LCGs--

We played the CRAP out of the Lord of the Rings LCG for a while, and even then only managed to get about halfway through the content. I tried playing solo both single and double-handed, but it wasn't nearly as satisfying as having 1-2 other players join. We still get together occasionally and play through a scenario or two, would like to get this on the table more in 2024 and maybe finish out the content. We used to play on hard mode, but now find that playing on normal or easy is more satisfy. Some of the scenarios are real back-breakers, and we no longer have the enthusiasm for trying 3-4 times just to beat the same scenario. Which leads to...

Arkham Horror LCG. Absolutely loved the "win with drawbacks" mechanics that meant seldom replaying scenarios, but we didn't get into this one as much. That my wife doesn't enjoy it is a huge factor, it's a little too bleak for her. I have everything and hope that some day I'll bump into a group that is interested in getting it on the table, but have also thought several times about selling the collection. I really wish that the LotR LCG was designed with the same "fail, but continue on" mechanic.

I want to try Gloomhaven one day, but don't want to be the one that owns it.