OOC

Bobcloclimar

16 hours ago, Cirlot said:

Yup. Large laser is a "brzapp" or "Bwaaaaa" mediums are your basic "pew pew"

Now that is complete nonsense!

If pulse lasers grant a TH bonus, then it necessarily means than non-pulse lasers emit a single short burst, and not persistent beams. Therefore "Bwaaaa" is right out. I support "Brzapp", or more accurately "Brzzap", as per Calvin & Hobbes.

I'm a big fan of *freem* for long-duration beams.

I know MechWarrior has standardized the appearance of PPCs as elongated blasts of blue energy, but I sometimes headcanon them as the lightning guns from The Matrix, both in appearance and sound.

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up: MW has changed something in their JS config and I can't post anymore at all (with my home PC). Waiting to see if there'll be some resolution, but in the meantime I'm unable to play.

I'm a bit busy at the moment (work, and setting up a one-shot here on MW), so I don't expect to be starting another scenario until April. In the meantime, is there a scenario type you would like to play? Maybe fighting against the Clans so we don't have to worry about physical attacks?

I'm also thinking that we could try out doing normal initiative, but I'd cut down the wait time to 24 hours instead of 3 days (possibly with an extended period at the top of the round for you all to figure out the general approach for that turn, or use individual initiative).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Got the reply from support I dreaded: upgrade your browser to the very latest... to run a forum...

So I'm sorry but I won't be playing in your upcoming game, and once my other game is over I'll bow out of MW. I'm not going to buy a new ugly PC or install Win10 to play on a forum.