Grant Innes — Selkie

ABlotOfInk

Grant Innes

Rift of the Selkie - Troubled Father

Secret pain: "I measure my worth in how I'm useful to others because I'm not worthy myself."

sekjue.png.e9e19d1685b0e034c4792d76649040af.png

Personal Details

Name: Grant Innes

Hobbies: home improvement, basketball, true crime, cooking

Likes: the beach, night walks, classical music, getting a drink, fried food

Dislikes: hot nights, being watched/stared at, dressing up, paperwork

Backstory: Grant was raised in a

Awakening

Wip

Defining Relationship 🎭

Crumbling Marriage

▽▽▽
Crack
Attention
△△△

Identity: "I would do anything for my children."

Grant's wife Alysia, and his two daughters Samantha (14) and Aster (10).

The recent revelations related to Grant's awakening has put his marriage on the rocks. It was never wonderful on Grant's end, but he could at least call Alysia a friend and confidant. But now things are tense between them and she's suspicions of his every move. If it weren't for his children, he'd free both himself and Alysia from the crumbling marriage. However, Grant would do anything for them, and has had long practice pretending to be who he's not. He's determined to stick together and make things as smooth as possible, at least until his daughters are in college.

Power Tags
🔥
A. Why is this relationship so important to you? Loves his kids unconditionally
C. What were you forced to learn because of this relationship? Concealing his feelings.
To deal with them you need to be: A negotiator of needs
Weakness Tags
B. What negative effect do they have on you? Constant anxiety over their opinions

Routine 🎭

Firefighter

▽▽▽
Crack
Attention
△△△

Identity: "I make the world a safer place for everyone."

Grant is a firefighter, training others and working with the community when there's nothing burning. But no time is truly his own, as even with lax official hours he's always on-call should a fire break out.

Power Tags
🔥
A. What do you do with your time? Firefighter
C. What sort of tools do you use? An axe
F. What specific activity do you engage in as part of your main occupation Basic first aid
G. What trick have you picked up doing what you do? Navigating dangerous environments
Weakness Tags
B. What are the mundane limits or down-sides of your routine? Always on call
C. Who or what can interfere with your routine? Understaffed and low budget

Personality 🎭

Pensive and Pent up

▽▽▽
Crack
Attention
△△△

Identity: "I need to do something good with my life worth before it's too late."

Grant's defined his life in service to others. It's perhaps from deep rooted guilt pertaining to his identity, but wherever it's from, he seeks to do good and protect others over satisfying himself. He firmly believes in doing good for the world as a way to measure one's worth. His willpower has recently begun to crack, and his longing and unhappiness has deepened. He's still a dad who helps out with the house and shows devotion to his kids, and a firefighter who serves the community. But is that enough anymore?

Power Tags
🔥
A. What lies at the core of your personality? Others before self.
D. What special skill or status did you pursue because of your personality DIY Repairs
H. What useful habit or routine have you cultivated thanks to your personality Hiding personal details
Weakness Tags
A. What happens when you let yourself go too far? Desperation for validation

Relic

Pelt of the Selkie

▽▽▽
Fade
Attention
△△△

Mystery: "How do you bring harmony to the pieces of yourself in opposition?"

In the irish folklore, selkies are a type of merfolk in the form of seals that transform into people by shedding their pelts, and return to the ocean by donning them. In the mists, Grant's pelt takes the form of a fur coat, and allows him a range of seal transformations, from a full seal to hybrid much like a werewolf, to simple webbed fingers - birth defects that were associated with selkie parentage in olden times. Like the myths however, this half of Grant is inaccessible without his pelt.

Power Tags
🔥
A. What is the main useful feature or part of your relic? Seal forms
D. What cosmetic attributes does your relic posses? An undeniably expensive fur coat in mundane form.
E. What other feature, part or item does your relic include? Tough skin and thick blubber
Weakness Tags
B. What can interfere with the powers of your relic? Very dry conditions

Edited by ABlotOfInk (see edit history)