Character Creation

You will be creating a level 1 character, using the standard PF2 character creation system (Ancestry-Background-Class). For some guidance, download the free Player's Guide here. No 3rd-party material may be used.

Ancestries: All Common Ancestries and Heritages may be chosen, as can Androids, Beastkin, Kobold, Leshy, Lizardfolk, and Ratfolk. Other Uncommon Ancestries and Versatile Heritages will be allowed on a case-by-case basis, and other Rare Ancestries and Versatile Heritages will not be allowed.

Backgrounds: The Kingmaker-specific backgrounds in the Player's Guide are recommended, but any Common Background may be used.

Classes: All classes are available save playtest classes.

Alignment: We will not be doing alignment, as per the Remaster. Instead, I would like each person to choose at least 1 Edict and 1 Anathema for their character to follow. Ideally, these should be something that will tell me how your character would approach interactions with NPCs, as well as how they would rule their nation. If you worship a deity, you may incorporate that deity's Edicts and Anathema, as well. Regardless of your character's Edicts and Anathema, they should desire the success of the new Kingdom, and not seek to undermine or oppose it in any way.

Any spell that deals Alignment damage will instead deal Spirit Damage.

Equipment: Standard starting wealth for character creation. You may purchase any Common equipment, as well as any equipment you gain access to via your Ancestry, Background, or Class. Please note that the Aldori Dueling Sword should be 2 gp, not 20 gp (this was a typo in the Kingmaker Player's Guide at one point, and I don't know if it's been updated).

Availability: All Common choices are available. You may ask about any other Uncommon or Rare option not specifically mentioned here, provided it is an option for Level 1.

Additional Character Creation Information: We will be using the Free Archetype variant rules. You do not need to choose your archetype for character creation, but you should at least have a few ideas that would be thematic for your character. We will not be using any other variant character creation rules.

Events of Other Adventure Paths: For the purposes of this campaign, do not assume that the events of any specific adventure paths have occurred.

What Your Submission Should Include

1. Character sheet for your character (either Myth-Weavers, Pathbuilder, or typed up in a post)
  2. A background for your character. This doesn't have to be super detailed, but it should tell me where they came from, an important event or two in their past, and why they want to explore the Stolen Lands and found a kingdom.
  3. A written description of your character (picture welcome, but optional).
  4. Your answer, as a player, to the following questions:
    1. Do you want to use the Kingdom Building Rules (and, by extension, Warfare rules), or would you prefer to have the Kingdom in the background?
    2. Do you want to incorporate the Companion characters from the Companion Guide (characters based on the Owlcat CRPG) in any capacity?
    3. Do you want to incorporate the alternate Camping rules from the Companion Guide?

If there are any questions about character creation, please ask them in the Character Creation Discussion thread. When you feel your submission is ready for review, let me know.

Edited by Phntm888 (see edit history)