A beginning...

spacer.pngSheela

4th-level human fighter (Hero): S 14 (+1), I 12, W 12, D 17 (+2), C 16 (+2), Ch 15 (+1); AL N; AC 3; HP 25/25; Dmg 1d8+1 (sword) or 1d6 (crossbow quarrel); MV 60’ (20’); speaks common and alignment tongues; chain mail, sword, light crossbow (30), dagger, pack (608 coins)

Sheela smiled. "As soon as Mordred returns and we can all agree on our terms, tomorrow we return to rendezvous with the captain and make a deal. Then, gods willing, we shall set sail.

As if on clue a small party consisting of Modred, Allen, Yolanda and Linnard arrive back at The Black Heart Lily in time for the after work/dinner crowd. Yolanda gives Modred a soft kiss to his cheek, "Thank you for the bit of adventure. I need to fresh up and get some food/drink before my next performance." She heads up to a room she has reserved to fresh up for a bit.

Thorn
Kll.jpg.a0b8dbbb5712ebf4de69b43bf308ebad.jpg4th-level human Beastmaster: S-18 (+3), I-11 (0), W-12(0), D-16 (+2 AC, +2 Miss), C-12 (0hp), Ch-11 (0).
AL-NG; AC: 5; HP 26/26; THACO: 15; Dmg 1d6+3(melee) or 1d4 (Thrown); MV 120’ (40’); speaks avian, feline, rodent, Common, alignment tongue; Weapons: Spear, Short bow w/ 20 arrows, dagger. 

"Prosperous?" asked the Beastmaster as Modred neared the table. "If it went as well as our excursion, we should be well on our way."

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)

Modred Mistdragoon

Modred.jpg.fd41f92210d726ebf5cac918bf958859.jpg4th-level human Magic-User (Magician):S-06 (-1), I-15 (+1), W-13(+1), D-16 (+2), C-18 (+3), Ch-13 (+1);

AL-L; AC: 7; HP 21/24; Dmg 1d4 -1(melee) or 1d4 (Thrown); MV 120’ (40’); speaks common, kobold, alignment tongue; Weapons: silver dagger, 12 normal daggers, 

Memorized Spells: level 1: Sleep x2 Level 2 Levitate, Knock

Modred and Allen return to their companions, Linnard in tow. The magician's cheeks still flush with the memory of the kiss he had received from Yolanda, his thoughts momentarily elsewhere as he joins the group gathered at the table.

"It was not as informative as I would have liked," Modred admits after a moment, his attention refocusing on the present. "However, I did come across a former companion from another group. Allow me to present Linnard, a cleric of no small repute." He gestures towards his new companion with a sense of pride. "I believe he would make a nice addition to our band, and I can vouch for his honor."

As he introduces Linnard to the group, Modred's gaze flickers briefly towards Yolanda, a faint smile playing at the corners of his lips before he turns his attention back to his companions, eager to hear their thoughts on the matter.

Yolanda goes upstairs and freshens up a bit. She returns with her lute and goes back to the main stage, tuning and preparing to perform again. She sets out a plate to catch any tips and a barmaid brings her a small plate of food and a flagon. She smiles at Modred's gaze as she begins to play.

The Black Heart Lily begins filling up more as the after work crowd begins coming in from common folk to visitors to the port city. A barmaid comes by as Modred. Allen and Linnard join the others at the table. "Can I get anyone anything?"

Modred Mistdragoon

Modred.jpg.fd41f92210d726ebf5cac918bf958859.jpg4th-level human Magic-User (Magician):S-06 (-1), I-15 (+1), W-13(+1), D-16 (+2), C-18 (+3), Ch-13 (+1);

AL-L; AC: 7; HP 21/24; Dmg 1d4 -1(melee) or 1d4 (Thrown); MV 120’ (40’); speaks common, kobold, alignment tongue; Weapons: silver dagger, 12 normal daggers, 

As the barmaid approaches, already anticipating their needs, Modred offers a warm smile in response. "Ah, perfect timing. A pitcher of ale and some food for my companions and I, if you please," he requests, handing her the gold crown from his pouch to settle the tab.

"Also, could you bring me a teapot filled with hot water and an empty mug?" he adds before she can depart, ensuring he has all he needs for a comforting cup of tea.

With the barmaid attending to their requests, Modred turns his attention to their companions gathered around the table. "What news from the Docks?" he inquires, his tone casual yet curious, eager to hear any updates or developments that may have occurred in their absence.

Allen takes a seat next to his employer and waits for his meal.

9 hours ago, Excior said:

With the barmaid attending to their requests, Modred turns his attention to their companions gathered around the table. "What news from the Docks?" he inquires, his tone casual yet curious, eager to hear any updates or developments that may have occurred in their absence.

spacer.pngSheela

4th-level human fighter (Hero): S 14 (+1), I 12, W 12, D 17 (+2), C 16 (+2), Ch 15 (+1); AL N; AC 3; HP 25/25; Dmg 1d8+1 (sword) or 1d6 (crossbow quarrel); MV 60’ (20’); speaks common and alignment tongues; chain mail, sword, light crossbow (30), dagger, pack (608 coins)

“Nothing for me, thank you,” Sheela replied to the barmaid. She nodded assertively to Linnard, remembering him from when their adventures intertwined. Then to Mordred and the others, she leaned in close to keep their conversation private.

“Thorn and I met a reputable sailor at the Sea Wench. She captains the Relentless, and her crew seems both capable and honest — at least where their loyalty to Amoy is not question. For twenty five percent of the loot, she will bear us to and from the island, which both Thorn and I think is reasonable, given we have little with which to bargain nor any surety for bond.”

She looked around again to ensure no one was eavesdropping. “Captain Amoy wants to verify the nature of the journey — the location, any charts, and veracity of said maps, and so forth. Tomorrow, we all rendezvous again with her and her first mate in private at the Sea Wench to discuss the details and ultimately strike an accord. She will need to see our chart.

“I see little harm in that it is incomplete, and her knowledge of finding harborage may prove invaluable. I say we assure her that our map is indeed Barbarosa’s, but need not reveal his testimony unless she presses. I believe she knows the stories, but I would not mention the pearl unless it becomes necessary. With that, and insisting that we maintain our hold of the map save for her reference at need during the journey, I dare say she would have little enough to go by to betray us.”

Sheela looked at each in turn. “What do you all think?”

Posted (edited)

The barmaid saunters over and smiles at Modred as she puts the gold down her blouse, taking his order and says, "Of course m'lord, I'll be back with all of that shortly." She then goes to fetch the items requested. She eventually returns with several flagons of ale, a few plates of food (roasted pig, some sides, loaf of bread/hunk of cheese) and a steaming teapot with a empty mug/spoon for Modred.

As Sheela tells the group of their adventures at the docks, Yolanda begins performing and the dinner crowd begins mingling their worries away at the Black Heart Lily.

Edited by Lando The Archmagi (see edit history)

Modred Mistdragoon

As the food and ale are delivered to the table, Modred reaches into the folds of his robes and produces a worn pouch of the softest leather. With deft movements, he dips a spoon into the pouch, scooping out a spoonful of ground Dark Root. Carefully, he adds it to the teapot, stirring it in before replacing the top.

"My only concern is that once we get the treasure on board, they will renege on their deal and take it all," Modred voices his apprehension, his expression serious as he pours himself a cup of black root tea from the prepared pot. He sets the pot down, inviting his companions to share their thoughts.

"Do you trust this captain?" he queries, his gaze shifting from one face to another as he sips his tea.

spacer.pngSheela

“Trust is not a word that comes easily to me,” Sheela replied. “But she strikes me as earnest and honorable. I think that the conundrum you describe is equally likely to happen as long as we are required to hire ship and crew. Giving Amoy an interest in the treasure will give her more reason to support our expedition above and beyond a run-of-the-mill hired crew and less reason to break faith. In any case, the return journey will have that danger if we prove to be successful regardless of the circumstance.

Modred Mistdragoon

As the pungent aroma of his tea fills the space, Modred savors the last sip from his cup, the warmth spreading comfortingly through him. With practiced movements, he sets the empty cup aside and prepares to pour himself another.

"As always, I trust your instincts," he says, addressing Sheela with a warm smile before focusing on the task at hand. Pouring himself another cup of the fragrant black root tea, Modred continues to listen attentively to the conversation unfolding around him, his mind already turning to the preparations for their upcoming voyage.

Sudukai- Rogue (4)

Armor AC: 4 | HP: 16/16 (d4) | Attributes | Speed, Saves, ATKs | Class Abilities | Thief Abilities | Languages | Special Effects |

image.png.a6bb327d9af9a35c9a8110222393cad2.png
"You know what. They'll get us there. What happens after that we can deal with. If nothing, even better. But we'll be richer either way!"

The Black Heart Lily is in full swing as the evening crowd shuffles in. Yolanda finishes her first performance since starting her set. She gets a few tips and some applause from the crowd.Modred finishes his first cup of tea as the group discusses their plan to meet with Captain Amoy tomorrow. One of the barmaids comes by, "Anyone need anything?

spacer.pngSheela

“Then we are in agreement,” Sheela finalized, turning down the barmaid with a curt shake of the head. “Let us all go together to the Wench tomorrow and meet Captain Amoy.