Sheet Folders in Testing ×

New To D&D

qjallad

Hi, I've never played and have recently gotten into watching critical role which has made me excited to start playing a game for myself.

Unfortunately, haven't found a group to play with since it is not that common where I am from.

Can you help me find a group willing to play online?

Myth-Weavers is a play-by-post environment. We play our games solely through posts on the site. It's not done in a live environment and instead relies on people to log in and post when they are able. This allows people from all over the globe to play with each other.

If that's something you're interesting in pursuing, then feel free to poke around the site and check things out. The process to get into a game is as follows:

See an advertisement, follow the instructions on that advertisement and apply a character idea. The GM will set a deadline for applications and will pick a pre-determined amount of the applicants to join the game. The game begins and the players and GM begin posting in-character. There's usually a secondary place for all out-of-character comments and questions.

The application process is it's own thing and it's suggested to put your best foot forward in the application process. Show your talents as a writer and a creative player. Feel free to borrow the formatting from other applicants (or from elsewhere on the site) if you don't want things to look nice and organized.

Don't get disheartened if you don't immediately get into a game either! For some, it takes time to hone their voice and writing style. Also, your idea of a character may just not vibe with the GM this time. It's very rare that a player doesn't get into a game because of something personal.

• 3 weeks later...