Q & A

Aspekt

5 minutes ago, Aspekt said:

@Primeval Stasis I do worry that making a character who is essentially mute may make it difficult to communicate with the rest of the party. I think that for this game, I'd prefer all the characters be able to converse with each other in the shared language. I really do think it's a cool character concept, but just might make it hard to play out being a team if there's language barriers in the middle of the party.

Not a problem, thanks for the feedback. I'll make the change.

1 hour ago, Aspekt said:

@ResidualRose I really wanted to stick to PHB rules as written, but you've brought up the most glaring injustice. In terms of racial traits and features, Please go ahead and use the rules for customizing your lineage, assigning a +2 and a +1 as you see fit among your stats. I think I have been so used to this over the last few years I didn't realize how strictly the PHB stood on those scores. Why someone can't be a strong halfling or a dexterous half-orc is beyond me.

yeah, there's a reason my tuesday group refers to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything as the PHB-2.0. Between the custom lineage rules, the extra class features for all base classes, the entire improved Artificer class, and of course, the redone Beastmaster Ranger path...it was less of a splatbook and more of a software patch XD

Hmm...having a hell of a time in the IC thread at the moment, went back in and edited my post to include some flavour text and actions to go along with the rolls, but every time I hit save/post, it just backs it out immediately and I loose all my work...I've done this three times now >.<

Dang. I wonder if this is something that's a problem for everyone?

@PureChance said something similar happened to them while editing their character sheet just a few minutes ago.

Edit: I put in a note on one of the main "how to" threads, we'll see if someone can tell us what we're doing wrong.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/114-how-do-i…/&do=findComment&comment=217829

Edited by Aspekt (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Aspekt said:

I really wanted to stick to PHB rules as written, but you've brought up the most glaring injustice. In terms of racial traits and features, Please go ahead and use the rules for customizing your lineage, assigning a +2 and a +1 as you see fit among your stats. I think I have been so used to this over the last few years I didn't realize how strictly the PHB stood on those scores. Why someone can't be a strong halfling or a dexterous half-orc is beyond me.

Were it not for the utter uproar it would cause removing them, I'd suggest that with floating modifiers there's not really a point in them existing any more, and really the point buy or basic maths adjusted accordingly.

My first port of call for dodgy effects saving etc is clearing cache

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

In terms of inserting rolls ito posts, I think if it's needed to move the story along (e.g. initiative ) people would be ok with the GM doing it, or for things like insight and perception you could use passive scores?

However in general I'd guess most people like rolling dice themselves wherever possible.

One option I've seen people do is put the information for a successful roll (particularly knowledge checks) in the post behind an ooc or spoiler tag with the DC listed, and trust the players not to metagame. Then when the player posts they can roll and read any results as appropriate. Just an option though.

Generally people don't quote or @ mention in the IC thread because it's understood to run as a single story / one scene at a time , and is usually obvious who's responding to who. Often if the party splits the GM will just create two threads (private or not at their preferences).

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, RedRajah said:

How are we doing HP?

I think it's max at first, average (half of hit-die +.5, rounded up...4 for d6, 5 for d8, 6 for d10, 7 for d12) for 2 and on wards?

...that's what I did at least...could be wrong.

My OCD kicked in…and here’s the result, a summary at a glance of the current PC Applicants.

PureChance; Wilovar Haftan, Merchant (M Half-High Elf Trickery Cleric of Waukeen)

ResidualRose; Kagami “The Oni” Saya, Ronin (F Tiefling Rogue/Barbarian?)

Primeval Stasis; Daermiir “Miir” Benhiln, “Hermit” (M Hill Dwarf Ranger)

8w_gremlin; Eira Fjelldis, Hunter/Tracker (F Human Moon Druid)

Moturnach; Claiborne “Clay Dust” Barleydust, Deserter (M Human Ranger)

scootloops ; Taborlin Soothsong, Warrior  (A Human Paladin)

Phntm888 ; ?????, ???? (? ????? ?????)

KingGoblin; Elrod Dragonskin, Jeweller (M Dragonborn Fey-pact Warlock)

crimsonjoe; Arden MacDonald, “Murder Grandpa”(M Human Monk)

RedRajah; Tseren, “Murder Grandma” (F Human Barbarian?)

….also, didn’t realize till I did this, that I was building similar to @RedRajah’s murder grandma. Whoops.

@ResidualRose @RedRajah

fair point to bring up, it doesn’t bother me to have two characters who are similar, especially because it can help for you to want to play into the differences. And especially if you choose to go with the barbarian variant, it could definitely set the two apart.

What do each of you think?

The character creation guidelines say starting equipment for class + 100 go, do we also start with the equipment from our backgrounds?

Otherwise, I keep tinkering with things on Elrod, but he is basically done. Should we just go ahead and post in the prologue, or do you want to review them first?

Yeah please go ahead and take 100gp plus the equipment from your background!

Everyone please feel free to post in the prologue when you’re ready! When people mark their posts with a ready to review tag, or just drop a comment in their post that it’s ready, I’ll take a look!