Workshop Chatter

Zen Gypsy

6 hours ago, Xiadais said:

Yes, the Harrow cards were why I was wondering - since the Free Archetype is tied to the Harrow card, I was attempting to confirm whether that would make it impossible to use its future feats for other archetypes. My understanding now is: "You can use the free archetype feats on other archetypes, but all the free feats still need to be related to the Harrow card, so make sure it makes sense thematically." Thanks for clarifying!

I don't want the initial Harrow selection to feel constraining, but I want the narrative to make sense. Initial character is a healer, base class + herbalist for example, with a connection to the Midwife. As the campaign progresses, some of the character's patients begin to die due to the actions of the Big Bad, so things get dark. They want to take the Alchemist dedication with a focus on poisons, ok cool, but what does this mean, narratively? Maybe their next Harrow reading the Midwife is reversed, representing the Shrew, the Witch, the Grieving Mother, bitterness seeps into an, otherwise, hopeful card, some darkness, some danger.

6 hours ago, VennDygrem said:

Does the initial limit of one uncommon character option, mentioned to apply to one's ABC's (ancestry/heritage, background, or class), also apply to the Free Archetype expected to be gained at 2nd level? There are an awful lot of uncommon archetypes, so I'd want to plan ahead in that case.

It will likely depend what it is, if it's regionally locked, such as the Magaambya archetypes etc. If you wanted to share what you are looking for I could give you a more definitive answer.

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)

Looking forward to applying to this game. I have a couple of questions.

1. This will be my first time creating a submission in a play-by-post game. How do folks get the nice formatting for their submission?

2. Looking for clarification on the use of remaster rules. Looks like most remaster changes are being ignored, but we are ignoring alignment in favor of edicts & anathema. Is that correct?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Eletido said:

Looking forward to applying to this game. I have a couple of questions.

1. This will be my first time creating a submission in a play-by-post game. How do folks get the nice formatting for their submission?

2. Looking for clarification on the use of remaster rules. Looks like most remaster changes are being ignored, but we are ignoring alignment in favor of edicts & anathema. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Welcome to Mythweavers. For the formatting, if you quote someone's post, then click on source, you can copy all of the code. Then leave that post without saving it and make your own thread. Once there, go to source and paste all of the code. Then hit ok and you can edit your details in. You are welcome to copy my format. I copied it from someone else. You are also welcome to DM me if you have any other questions.

I'm not sure about #2. I like alignment so I included it.

15 minutes ago, Eletido said:

That is my understanding.

As a follow-up on formatting, you can clone a post directly without quoting or copying source. Then, in your own new thread, select the Clone Source button (between the quote and Size options) to paste the cloned content into your post.

^ Thanks. I didn't know where the "cloned post to edit buffer" had actually put the content!

The very last button in the toolbar, after statblock and language, also seems to paste from the cloned edit buffer directly into the message.

So:

1. Clone desired post;
  2. Go to post into which you want to paste;
  3. Click that "clone" icon which is last in the toolbar.

=>

As a follow-up on formatting, you can clone a post directly without quoting or copying source. Then, in your own new thread, select the Clone Source button (between the quote and Size options) to paste the cloned content into your post.

Voila.

Me:

image.png.6e1de8342615e2600197a81db377f3b8.png

A test for cloning a post with formatting using the scheme ^ (I borrowed BobtheWizard's posting template as an example):

Nux - Kobold Fighter 1 applicationspacer.png

AC: 18 | HP: 20/20 | Fortitude: +8 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +4Perception: +6 | Conditions:

Mechanics

Main Hand: Pick
Off Hand: Light Pick

Action 1: Your action goes here.

Action 2: Your action goes here.

Action 3: Your action goes here.

ACTIONS
Pick action_single_black.png?v=dm-1 +9 to hit, 1d6+4 piercing, fatal d10 (on crit add 1 die)
Light Pick action_single_black.png?v=dm-1 +9 to hit, 1d4+4 piercing, agile, fatal d8 (on crit add 1 die)
Double Slice action_double_black.png?v=dm-1 Strike with both weapons, combine for resistance, add MAP at end
Reactive Strike spacer.png Reaction to attack for move, manipulate, or ranged
Shield action_single_black.png?v=dm-1 +1 AC until start of turn, then spacer.png to block, 5 Hardness
Kobold Breath action_double_black.png?v=dm-1 30' line 1d4 acid, can't use 1d4 rounds

spacer.png

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

Zen Gypsy said:

Regardless of your specific tie with Gaedren Lamm, you gain an additional Skill Feat related to that tie. You must, however, still meet all requirements for that feat. Please note that the above is in addition to your, specific, Background.

Did you mean to assign skill feats to these, or are we to pick our own that we justify as being related to the specific tie?

33 minutes ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Yeah, it's a free skill feat, just make sure it narratively fits.

Reading this, I took "Quick Jump" and rationalized that feat in Caltrix' bio story as how she managed to escape Lamm's minion (Conso Voicu) who was pursuing her across the rooftops.

Is that an example, more-or-less, of what you meant by a narrative fit in this context?

15 minutes ago, Vedast said:

Reading this, I took "Quick Jump" and rationalized that feat in Caltrix' bio story as how she managed to escape Lamm's minion (Conso Voicu) who was pursuing her across the rooftops.

Is that an example, more-or-less, of what you meant by a narrative fit in this context?

Funny. I added Quick Jump too for a similar backstory.

Hey all, I'd like to submit my application

Would it be fine if the character's mechanical details are shared via a link to Pathbuilder? It would make applying a lot easier.

The basic idea is a dwarf farmhand from the outskirts of town who is looking for her brother, armed with nothing but a stick and a prayer.

Cleric with a champion Dedication and focused on Charisma and channeling energy. Intend to go for the Redeemer champion, so the character will be mostly pacifist.

On 1/31/2024 at 7:36 AM, Keante said:
The Common Thread

TRAGEDY: Someone you loved was knifed to death in a dark alley one night. You were called to the scene by the Korvosan Guard to identify the body, and as rough as that was for you, you also noticed a ring was missing from your loved one's finger. Whoever murdered your loved one stole that ring—you're convinced of it. You've done some investigation on your own and recently found the ring for sale at a local merchant's shop. To your great frustration, you can't yet afford the 500 gp to buy it back, but the merchant did tell you from whom he purchased the ring: a man named Gaedren Lamm. It seems likely this criminal killed your loved one, or at the very least, he knows who did. The only problem is finding him.

The murdered loved one is Lira's mother, Brinnia Petri. When Lira held the ring for a little while in that merchant's shop, she was surprised with a flurry of emotional resonance. The free skill feat chosen is Read Psychometric Resonance.

Read Psychometric Resonance is a feat of Uncommon rarity--may I have permission to take it? If it makes a difference, I kept all three of ancestry, background, and class to Common options. This feat reminds me very much of the Pathfinder 1e psychic spell and the Occultist's equivalent class feature, Object Reading, and I think it would be a great fit for my thaumaturge.