OOC Chat

hoverfrog

Lazino succeeded on his Medicine check to Treat Wounds and Sir Michael recovers 6 hp.

Haanar has turned up and is quite angry. As you are still quite beaten up it might be worth avoiding combat. Haanar begins play as Unfriendly but you can use Diplomacy to Make an Impression or other skills to influence his attitude. Or you can attack. It's up to you.

Make an Impression

With at least 1 minute of conversation, during which you engage in charismatic overtures, flattery, and other acts of goodwill, you seek to make a good impression on someone to make them temporarily agreeable. At the end of the conversation, attempt a Diplomacy check against the Will DC of one target, modified by any circumstances the GM sees fit. Good impressions (or bad impressions, on a critical failure) last for only the current social interaction unless the GM decides otherwise.

Critical Success The target’s attitude toward you improves by two steps.
Success The target’s attitude toward you improves by one step.
Critical Failure The target’s attitude toward you decreases by one step.

• 2 weeks later...

A fight would almost certainly end in a total party kill at this point. One burning hands spell from Haanar would kill all of you, even some of his cantrips would be guaranteed to kill two of you.

Given your bad rolls, I have decided not to take the adventure's dictated course of action and having him attack but to retreat with the threat of returning and destroying the town. You have options now if you wish to continue.

You can do as Haanar said and return to town to warn them, perhaps prepare some defences, and then fight him at the town. You can follow him and see what forces he has. You can try to attack him. You can run away as fast as you can. You can do something else entirely. Before we do anything though, what do you want to do? Are you happy to keep playing this out?

I've had a request from someone who wants to join the game but I said we'd nearly finished. If you want to continue then they could round out the party but I leave the decision to you.

I'd be fine with someone joining and having what is apparently the last combat at the town. Especially since this was all set up as an intro to PF2E. 

Gotta say, I really like the character creation side of PF2E; it seems almost elegant to me. I'm not liking how it plays; it's a bit brutal. I know some of that was bad luck and some was just how fragile level 1 characters are. I can see why a lot of the PF2E adds I've seen go straight for the free archetype and racial paragon options though.