1 - Good Fortune

Sellsword

36 minutes ago, stonedzep said:

"We should cut through the woods, if we and our mounts will be light enough"

Mandons2.jpg.7cd23019d3e959152beb498115472025.jpg

"Cut through the woods? The Spiderhaunt Woods? Anybody else wondering why they decided to call it that?" ☺️

57 minutes ago, Lord Foul said:

"Cut through the woods? The Spiderhaunt Woods? Anybody else wondering why they decided to call it that?" ☺️

Lirion Eldermist

a-portrait-of-a-handsome-broad-face-strong-jaw-male-wood--within-the-dark-forest-ancient-forest-ma-892709752.png.5db6fe12f4a24992101cb28af62bf701.png

Lirion hints a smile and then replies "... fear of the dark, mylord? Then I suppose you have a better path in your mind, provided it won't slow down too much the journey, what that would be?"

The elf feels confident of crossing such a dangerous area with so many adventurers, after all... ordinary companies have been rejected for this task.

Edited by stonedzep (see edit history)

"Not so much fear of the dark, as fear of bloody great hairy spiders waiting in the dark to drop on us from the trees, paralyse us with their nasty poisonous fangs, and suck all the juices from us like some kind of children's confection."

"That might be your idea of a fun day out, but personally, I'd prefer to save my efforts for the horde of undead we'll meet once we get to the tomb."

1.jpg.b12b02209288ffd0d0862c1427fb0697.jpg

Amarandé squints at the map before squinting up at Mandons. "Unless my skill at orienteering has gone awry, we'd instead be making speed through the forest of Cormanthor.. would that that were a safer route, but perhaps the dangers are slight enough to warrant a more direct path and easier access to hunting game?"

"At the very least, it may avoid whatever eyes the Zhentarim currently turn towards the main road."

1.jpg.b12b02209288ffd0d0862c1427fb0697.jpg

Amarandé gives a swift nod as he tucks the map away into his rucksack. "Through the woods it is; if we head directly North until reaching water, we can follow the river towards the bridge at Castle Daggerdale. The less time we spend on the established road the better."

Standing, he finishes his drink. "And with that, messirs, I believe I shall conduct what business I can before sundown. I would suggest that you make the most of one final night in civilisation; it is easy to take life's luxuries for granted until one finds themselves without. Until then." And he hobbles out into the evening bustle.

Edited by Arbuthnott (see edit history)

image.png.151b17ddb7b385a69020a1d6c0d96023.pngValandil's voice cuts through the air with its characteristic monotone clarity, commanding attention as he speaks. "Travel through Cormanthor will be dangerous," he asserts, his tone unwavering. "I suggest Lirion and myself lead the group while we travel the elven wood. There are things lurking within more wretched than orcs or goblins."

He pauses, allowing the weight of his words to settle upon the group before delivering his final warning. "The forest may work to prevent our progress. The Mythal is still strong in places. Be vigilant once we enter the forest."

With that, Valandil offers no further explanation or discussion. He simply turns on his heel and makes his way towards his quarters, his departure as measured and deliberate as his speech. It's a clear indication that the matter has been decided, leaving the others to ponder the gravity of his words as they prepare for the journey ahead.

Kordannaghlan Penniesaver (gnome f2/th3)

"We need an extra horse - if only for the return if we find our quarry. Should we mighty two share a horse, or use ponies? I think it best to get everything now, and leave in the dim grey or pre-morn."

Edited by cybersavant (see edit history)