Dhampir Undead Slayer, Fighter - Priela di Savauia-Vallacchia

I'm gonna throw my hat in really quick, this would be a great campaign to play the dhampir that I've had rolling around with in my head, and looks like you could use another frontliner. Plus the concept is pretty grounded in the setting. She brings some Lore skills to the table.

Priela Manuele di Savauia-Vallacchia
Human Dhampir, Fighter and Undead Slayer
LG Roman Catholic
Languages Italian, English, French, Liturgical Latin

Concept: tainted noble Templar

Sheet https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2875833#

Appearance
To the untrained eye, Priela appears to be a pale woman in her twenties. The sight of her ghost-white skin would give the public cause for concern over her health if she had not hidden her pallor with makeup, especially the blush. The color-sparse ensemble minus the dark eyeliner, accents her unusual red eyes and matches her raven-white braided ponytail. Her regal posture helps to sell the glamor. Although she may be tall for a lady, her slight frame gives the lie to her preternatural strength. She was also dedicated enough to the look as to have her fangs filed down.

Personality
Priela plays dry and aloof in public, preferring not to draw attention to herself and let her hair down in the company of a close few, when she defrosts. The seemingly irreparable rift torn between herself and her father by the awakening to her revolting desire left her mortified and compelled to draw inward, stunting her social life. Awareness for her own perversion, and moments when it rears its head, have made her irritable, and drive her to seek outlet in physical confrontations, bickering, and, on the best of days, confession. Although a woman of faith, she joined the secret order of the Knights Templar for security first and oaths second, and harbors doubt over the condition of her soul.

Portrait

RedditPlateBlondeFighterresized.jpg.2ff3d3989d01f1d5d59d542e5269f45f.jpg

History

After the Americans received a bitter Cassus Beli to join the second Great War, the noble family Savauia began exploring ways to negate the consequences of defeat. That defeat looked more and more certain as the campaign in North Africa began to flip. One of their get-out-of-jail cards was a letter that they sent to a mysterious power gathering near the Borgu Pass in Wallachia. The reply came in early July, just one month after the Allies landed in Normandy. Their new benefactor, a master vampire, agreed to a marriage of state between a daughter of House Savouia and one of his own spawn. However, the alliance fell through on account of their new ally falling dead under mysterious circumstances. and their other ditch efforts came to naught as the sins of the past caught up to them. But the cadet family lived on. The mother found herself in great fortune and had her pick of suitors even as her womb quickened.

Priela was a studious child, eager to please both of her parents, but after her fangs grew in, in a child's tantrum, she pounced on her stepfather and bit him, drawing blood, and the two became uncomfortable around each other for years after the incident. Wishing to mend the rift growing between them, seeing them devote efforts to making nice with people in power, she opted to do the same and joined the Vatican. There, she met a man who had cottoned on to her origin, who offered her a different kind of scholarship with none other than the Knights Templar. Yes, the Templar live on. Whether feeling indebted purely stubborn, the Vatican refused to let the order go extinct, and those of true faith went underground to continue their battle against true darkness. Priela felt Destiny calling to her - nay, the Lord - and joined the order. On the outside, she is a lector at the Vatican, but an agent of the Templars abroad, and has been for 30 years and some change.

1999 Mother passed away from sickness, survived by Priela, her younger brother who inherited and now has a family of his own, and her father, now a greybeard. Priela was at the battlefield with the rest of the soldiers sent to control the area outside Castle Dracula, waiting for any sign of Julius' victory.

"My mistress satisfied my curiosity many years ago, Padre," the majordomo began. "I already knew half of the story: the Savauia-Vallacchia cadet branch is very young. When the Allies landed on the beaches of Normandy, my mistress's parent house, in correspondence with the late Maestro of Vallacchia, they agreed to have one of his spawn marry their daughter, who would form a new cadet branch, and receive a generous dowry. Savauia's fate proves how well their gambit worked out. Parliament was gentler on my mistress, but they almost regretted it were it not for the maestro's untimely demise. Viewing themselves in arrears, the new family - my mistress and her lord husband - have offering gifts and services to Parliament and to the Vatican to show that they are, in her words, 'keeping their noses clean'. As for the lady Priela, she feels all eyes are upon her, waiting for the smallest misstep. She considers herself twice cursed; for sharing her blood with staunch supporters of the Axis Powers, and its being tainted by the evil predators of the night. That is why she wishes to join the Templar Order. Like you said, she does not need the Order to hunt and destroy monsters in the dark. She desires security and sodality."

"Sodality, hm." The majordomo's pitch to the deacon makes the lady Priela sound desperate. A good state in which to find tainted mortal such as the half-vampiric progeny. "Will you show me your neck?"

"Er, Padre?"

"Does she bite you, Bulgari?"

After some hesitation Bulgari pulls his collar back to reveal his neck to the deacon. "She has never done this to me, Padre. Nor can she. She had her teeth filed down."

The deacon quirks an eyebrow at hearing that provocative detail.

"Do you wish to speak with some of the staff, Padre?"

"I have no cause to doubt you. That will be all, Bulgari."

Trivia

Dob: she was born on March 17th 1945

Family
Father: Ambrose, 79, French noble who married into the cadet branch and took his wife's maiden name.
Mother: Bettina, 72 and deceased, loved by all.
Brother: Collumbo, 44, who wished for his family to make up but gave in, reasoning that Father and Sister have made their choice, although they have seldom met or spoke since Priela joined the Templars, and neither truly knows how the other feels.

Sister: Fiora, 40, the youngest, married into a French noble family.

Edited by rorytheromulan
fixed some inconsistencies in history, filled in more story and added a way for her to enter the story, added more family history and updated personality to reflect it (see edit history)

Awesome! I've been editing a bit and had to stop myself for a couple days. The latest I've added is extra info under 1999 for the present state of family matters, in addition to where she finds herself at the start of the adventure if you could use that, and names of family under Trivia, but I'll go ahead and tag it approved.