Out of Character: The Barge

Gris

Ryn never actually surrendered, remember? H took a step back, sword out, and tried to signal a willingness to negotiate.

Furthermore, he has no idea how to keep anyone from dying. He's a control mage slash bladesinger-ish kinda guy.

yeah, I remember not stabbing him when he refused ms. Blueblood's advances... which means he'll probably get whipped later before she confiscates his Wizard book of spells... or refuses to pretend to stabilise some brutes... with a smelly loin cloth over his head.

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Worm_that_Walks said:

I no longer have time to keep up with this. You may now kill Oro with a crossbow and some fish. It was fun.

Sad to see you leave will miss you; all the best on your next venture.

Here's a thing: Kelia has an actual mission - she's bringing a bag of holding to a dwarfhold Crag'yr Kholan to exchange ore for metal.

Right now, you're travelling the river Ungath. It flows north towards Kelia's destination, but far from all the way. You'll need to land at Sinkhole (where the river disappears in a maelstrom into the earth), and pick a path: Either through Nethelwyr, or wading across Lake Umbra.

Nethelwyr is a city of the ancient past, long gone. There are ghoul tribes haunting it's ancient ruins, but Kelia is already prepared for that route. Well, hopefully. Otherwise there's Lake Umbra, which is disturbing, but apparently 'safe'. Lake Umbra is, btw, another dead city - which was flooded, hence the lake.

Moving from there, you'll pass a zirg hunting ground, have the opportunity to - possibly - rest safely in a gnome outpost, then pass the lair of Nox, who is apparently a blue giant?

All that, of course, provided you chose to follow through with Kelia's mission.

She can, however, pay you.

6 minutes ago, Acromos said:

Here's a thing: Kelia has an actual mission - she's bringing a bag of holding to a dwarfhold Crag'yr Kholan to exchange ore for metal.

Right now, you're travelling the river Ungath. It flows north towards Kelia's destination, but far from all the way. You'll need to land at Sinkhole (where the river disappears in a maelstrom into the earth), and pick a path: Either through Nethelwyr, or wading across Lake Umbra.

Nethelwyr is a city of the ancient past, long gone. There are ghoul tribes haunting it's ancient ruins, but Kelia is already prepared for that route. Well, hopefully. Otherwise there's Lake Umbra, which is disturbing, but apparently 'safe'. Lake Umbra is, btw, another dead city - which was flooded, hence the lake.

Moving from there, you'll pass a zirg hunting ground, have the opportunity to - possibly - rest safely in a gnome outpost, then pass the lair of Nox, who is apparently a blue giant?

All that, of course, provided you chose to follow through with Kelia's mission.

She can, however, pay you.

Sounds good to me.

Well - Kelia has money and supplies, stuff you need. Otherwise, you could get off at Sinkhole, and ... look for a job?

It's not like what Kelia is doing is that dangerous, right? Just a fetch quest =)

Undead cities huh ?...

What the heck are Zirg ?...

Treasure sounds promising, who else would be nuts enough to go that way ?

Sounds like the plotless game has a plot !

Maybe there are some jobs at the Sinkhole, sounds like a lovely place...

ms. Blueblood still wants to whip some one every now and then, maybe she'll open a cult to Loviata bnb at the Sinkhole... hmmmm

So many choices...

Is splitting up the group actually an option? Or do you want us to stay together? I have seen some Dungeon&Deliciuous and walking across a water surface is kind of what sounds like fun right now.

3 hours ago, Gris said:

Is splitting up the group actually an option? Or do you want us to stay together? I have seen some Dungeon&Deliciuous and walking across a water surface is kind of what sounds like fun right now.

Oh god please don't! =)

As you've seen, my mind sort of just ... fails ... when I have too much to keep track of. Can you imagine if the two different groups got into two different fights? God, the horror.

If that's the way it goes, I'll stick with how I described the game: It's open world, go where you please, no plot.

But please don't.

Oh, also: Delicious in Dungeon is so much bloody fun. I genuinely love it.

6 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Undead cities huh ?...

What the heck are Zirg ?...

Treasure sounds promising, who else would be nuts enough to go that way ?

Sounds like the plotless game has a plot !

Maybe there are some jobs at the Sinkhole, sounds like a lovely place...

ms. Blueblood still wants to whip some one every now and then, maybe she'll open a cult to Loviata bnb at the Sinkhole... hmmmm

So many choices...

I didn't say 'undead cities'. I said they're both dead. One is now the haunt of tribes of ghouls. The other one is .. well, if you ask Izzak, he'll explain:

Well, Lake Umbra is just that, an underground lake. Only the lake is where some settlement once stood. So imagine if you will an expansive cave, no light, and a still lake, totally quiet, with the roofs of buildings and the heads of statues poking up here and there. To be completely honest with you, it's incredibly eerie.

Also, you cannot really sail there - no rivers, just a lake, so you'd have to bring your own boat, which is tricky down here. So you wade it. There's a path, rumored to be the High Road, whatever that means.

But it's ... safe. -ish. Stuff can happen, but apparently the city is just dead. No roaming hordes of undead or other terrors.

Zirg, if you ask Izzak, are:

Good question. Alright, imagine a lizard/monkey thing that's neither lizard nor monkey, but has lizardy scales and monkey-ish agility, and fangs out of proportion to it's modest size. Well, I say modest, but they're bigger than I am.

A clutch of zirg males aren't so bad. There'll be like 10-12, they'll make a lot of noise, and if they're hungry they'll eat you. A zirg clutch mare though - a big female - that's another matter. But they usually eat the males, so they're less of a concern. Well, generally.

Who mentioned treasure? Did I mention treasure? I'm sure I meant danger! =)

But no ... no plot. Stuff will materialise in front of you, continuously. If you follow the fetch quest, you'll reach the dwarfhold, sure, but whatever you do just unfolds new stuff. You can bring the adamantium ingots back to what's-her-name, but you can also steal them. Either choice will effect some outcome.

And ... no, Sinkhole is a dump. But it's a stop-over for ships going to other places. Land caravans too. So jobs are possible.

Blueblood does have a thing for whips. The gods of this world are more ... utilitarian, though. Or rather, there's sure to be some sort of sadist whiplady somewhere, there's a god for everything and every place, but in general, individual gods aren't .. like, not that huge. Religion is more a collab thing. In this game, you could realistically kill a god. Maybe. I mean propably not, but .. maybe =)

Edited by Acromos (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Gris said:

If you are looking to go across Lake Umbra instead of Nethelwyr with the ghoul tribes, then Kelia is fine with that. As long as we end up in dwarfhold Crag'yr Kholan one way or another then she is not attached to which route is taken.

Considering that Kelia is carrying 'trade goods' that may satisfy the ghouls and secure safe passage - and that Lake Umbra is technically 'safe' - it's really a toss which route is the least dangerous. Or profitable for that matter.