Velvet Mandy, Diva of the Speakers

Sundust

Velvet Mandy

(Mandy Richlove Rockwell)

Chaotic GoodMore emphasis on chaotic than good...

Artistic, Educated, Fun HumanElven!

CelebrityInfluencer x 999. If you haven't heard of me, you need to get out more. BardThey think my music's divine, like it's handed down... I make it, folks. ME.

Tomorrow's Music Today

"A fight without a soundtrack? You've got to be kidding me... Let's lighten these bloodsuckers up!"

spacer.png

Description, Personality, and Style

Gorgeous and I Know It: "You've got my photo, so this should go without saying, but... Men fall at my feet daily. I mean, who can blame them?"

Daringly Cool: I think by 'can't,' you really mean 'don't want to.' I'll go first."

Attention Addict: "Yeah, we were awesome, but... but... Nobody saw it."

Signature Moves:

• "Play" on her killer stereo, at the start of every battle.
  • Dual pistol twirling!
  • Calling fey out of the woodwork. "I told you fairies exist."

Statblock, Roles, and Metagame

Build Basics

Class: Bard

Archetype: Celebrity

Ancestry: Elf

Background: Musical Prodigy

Heritage: "Ancient Elf" (family line of psychics)

Muse: Maestro

Top Scores: Charisma, Intelligence

Weapons: Dual Pistols

Portfolio:

Openly: Music, lights, fame, influence, all things cool

Secretly: Magic, monster slaying, psychic energy

Statblock

Velvet Mandy Bard (Celebrity) CG

HP 14 /  AC 16  /  Class DC 17  /  Speed 30ft  

Fort 3 /  Ref 5 /  Will 5

Str 10 (+0) /  Dex 14 (+2) /  Con 10 (+0) Wis 10 (+0) Int 16 (+3) Cha 18 (+4)

Roles

Support: I get my friends performing harder, better, faster, stronger. Sometimes, I even inspire myself. My music literally lights up the dancefloor and, after every party, soothes.

Skillface: I am so smart and beautiful, everybody either wants me or wants to be me. At every show I master a new skill. Last Tuesday, I sang across a tight-rope, surrounded by fireworks.

Popular Influences

Jenny, from Forrest Gump (but cooler, and whole lot less pathetic)

Penny Lane, from Almost Famous (but nicer and smarter)

Then mix in a slew of darker, badass vampire slayers like Abigail Whistler, Buffy, and Anna Valerious.

I think Abigail Whistler deserves a second shoutout. :)

Nutshell Backstory

70s Kid

Yeah, my parents were hippies. I guess you could say I was "neglected," sorta - like that time I put my hand in the socket and shot back 8 feet. We traveled allll over - Burning Man, Oktoberfest, Mallorca! Obviously, I was too late for Woodstock, but my parents were there. My dad's a huge fan of Jethro Tull and my mom always liked Jefferson Airplane. I don't go back that far, but I still appreciate the old stuff. Our whole family would jam and rock every night, and our house was full of fun and love - but I admit I was also forgotten in a parking lot more than once.

People think I'm a hippie because of how I dress and act, but I'm a 90s chick.

80s Teen

The Breakfast Club. It was all about The Breakfast Club. And Madonna. And MJ. I never really fit any of the easy molds - not an athlete, not a nerd, not a mean girl... but I was still always popular, I guess. Actually, maybe it was that I fit in everywhere, but just a little - like halfway into every clique. I floated among them all, smoothing over fights and being that side friend everybody had just outside the core group - whatever group it was. Really, I was just so agreeable and friendly with everybody. If there ever was a problem - yo, I solved it.

90s Star

Ok, so I admit Baby One More Time is good, and Smells Like Teen Spirit fantastic, but I promise you, I'm going to be all anybody talks about come Y2K. That is, if we get there. Obviously, Dracula seems to have plans for eternal darkness and destruction. Not my style. Now, I didn't really choose to be a vampire slayer, but what can I do? It's in my blood. Maybe I'd be better at the actual slaying part if I put more effort into, but... It's art! It's supposed to be free and inspired... Natural, y'know? Not, like, contrived. Anyway - you put me out there, and I promise I'll show you what the big girls call a force multiplier.

New sounds are coming coming out, and I swear I've got the music of the future. It's gonna be killer, and I'm never gonna stop.

Almost Forgot!

Oh, did I forget to mention Cyndi? She's my little sister. Also a slayer - but very serious. Like, wayyy more into it, all the time. Are you sure you didn't want her? I mean, nobody would recognize her. Anyway, be prepared - 'cause she's definitely high-stress, high-pressure, all the time. She's in London - no surprise there. Married, kids. James and Anne (with an "e"!) - my niece and nephew - are adorable. Maybe that's why she's not here now.

My parents are still alive and well, by the way. My dad recently won a foosball tournament and my mom joined a gun club. I call them every day - love my folks.

Edited by Sundust
Updated HP (see edit history)

Mandy is getting close to completion, if you wanted to get a start looking over her. I keep waffling on her archetype, tempted by inventor, sorcerer, and more - but a lot of other stuff, and especially her overall flavor and core bard abilities - should be all set.

THE *claps* FLAVOR *claps* IS *claps* FAN- *claps* -TASTIC!

Sheet looks fine save for it mentioning in the app she uses pistols but in the sheet she has only a Heavy Rifle.

for your archetype troubles my I suggest Captivator or Celebrity? If you want to lean into the "I'm going to be famous" part.

14 hours ago, ice9004 said:

THE *claps* FLAVOR *claps* IS *claps* FAN- *claps* -TASTIC!

Sheet looks fine save for it mentioning in the app she uses pistols but in the sheet she has only a Heavy Rifle.

for your archetype troubles my I suggest Captivator or Celebrity? If you want to lean into the "I'm going to be famous" part.

*Bows low* Thank you, thank you - you're all too kind! *Another bow, radiant smile*

I totally missed Captivator! Still figuring out archetypes and weapons - will update!

Hey just doing a once over and noticed a couple things

You max HP should be 14 (racial + class + con mod)

You also get one more language (2 from elf and 3 from int mod)

Besides that welcome to the game!