IC: Torment and Legacy

hoverfrog

image.png.61b460df45a859d824c304fa93347d32.png

Torment and Legacy

The Village of Salvoy

75ayNU18D3TJHkmi1RpXMx9SHFHkd6vBAdZT7YnOPWyAz6MUQHETQnZjTYbjhLGa1xT0FDihe9NMc5I6n8_VCzWWcvKpRajmGInKfdyjNCHX-9xt7Gk5c4q5CXozIAPxqqADjIW2093fiD0FHGdlxSKTxYOCLq10DO7upUafWP7xpmLQk_oW64nAVr0oiA

A light of recognition on Lazino’s face turns into sadness and then compassion. "Your father never told you, did he?" the old sage says. "I can see it in your eyes and features. Your father was a fool who gave of his heart too freely. Before you were born, he was deceived by a mysterious woman that visited our small town. She was gone after only a fortnight, but nine months later, a child was left on your father’s door. It was then that I knew that your mother was a hag, a powerful creature and decidedly evil, but I hoped that through Ragir’s love you might be raised to be an upstanding member of the community. It seems I was wrong, but it’s not too late. You could still find a place with us!"

HaanarLazino’s sincerity gives Haanar enough pause that the characters have a minute to Make an Impression (Core Rulebook 246) on Haanar and calm the situation.

OOC Scene Notes

There is now an active map in the spoiler below
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Sir Michael Shaggy

12 hp

6 hp

Alexander Scoob

6 hp

NON-PLAYER CHARACTER STATUS

Ogre Warrior  

DEAD

Show Active Map

SirMichael-Token.png..png.1df95c6d7fe5092b644b204fcf037059.png

Sir Michael, the Half-Hearted

Sheet | Thread

HP: 12/19 Conditions: Prone

Speed: 20 Perc: +5

AC: 18 Class DC: 16

Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Hands: Sword and Broken Shield

Sir Michael continues to sweat. "Erm, yes, of course... Lazino is right. Maybe you could sleep in the town guard's barracks, well, at least for one night while things get sorted out..."

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+3 4

spacer.png Shaggy blinks. "Well, that's quite a revelations. I can certainly see why you would be upset. Especially about not knowing. Come an sit with us. Let us break bread, or whatever these trail rations are, and talk about your options. You have many options, and I'm guessing a fair bit of power."

Crunch

Name
Diplomacy
1d20 17

50E6DB0B-A295-4336-8A6B-0AC2F9C25156.png.7d088883a52fded61ed770292f9fdb86.png.5c03f010145cc974ea9b823e40ab3fcf.png

Alexander Kirkpatrick (Human Cleric)

AC: 14 | HP: 17 | Current: 17 | Hero Points: 1

Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +8 | Perception: +6

Focus Pool: 1 | Current: 1 | Spell Slots:  Cantrips: 5/5,  1st: 2/2 | Cleric Font: Healing 3/3

Active Effects: None.

Conditions: None

Realizing that the others seem to be trying to avoid a situation, Alex relaxes a bit and stows his weapon and shield. In his mind he is hoping that it is not a bad decision. He says a quick prayer to his goddess, "Sarenrae, bless me with the right words." His held out in front of him in a sign of peace, Alex take s couple of steps towards Haanar. "Please, Haanar, do come join us so that we may talk and understand together what Lazino has to say."

To the other's, "let's put our weapons away so that we may all have a peaceable conversation."

ActionsCasting Guidance for a +1 to Diplomacy
Charisma is 14, gives a +2 to Diplomacy

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+2+1 9

Torment and Legacy

The Village of Salvoy

HaanarHaanar growls with rage, pointing a finger at Sir Michael, "You would lock me in a prison because of what I am, the child of a hag? How is that my fault?" He's clearly misinterpreted the guard's suggestion to stay at the barracks.

"I understand exactly what the old fool has told me and Salvoy is going to pay for abandoning me," his eyes are glowing with magical power and fury, "Tell them that! I will return with my army and crush them beneath my heel. Anyone who wishes to survive should flee. Let them be without a home as I was for so many years."

He storms off back towards the standing stones, shaking with fury, "Do not try to follow me or I shall destroy you! I only need one of you alive to deliver my message."

75ayNU18D3TJHkmi1RpXMx9SHFHkd6vBAdZT7YnOPWyAz6MUQHETQnZjTYbjhLGa1xT0FDihe9NMc5I6n8_VCzWWcvKpRajmGInKfdyjNCHX-9xt7Gk5c4q5CXozIAPxqqADjIW2093fiD0FHGdlxSKTxYOCLq10DO7upUafWP7xpmLQk_oW64nAVr0oiA

"Oh, Haanar, you poor, poor, boy, don't do this, please,Lazino pleas to the changeling's back but his words are ignored. It seems that the hag's son will return to lay waste to the town.

OOC Scene Notes

We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.

Show Bookkeeping

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Sir Michael Shaggy

12 hp

6 hp

Alexander Scoob

6 hp

Ogre Warrior  

DEAD

Show Active Map

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)

Sheet | Thread

Sir Michael stammers out, "Um... er.. yes... well, I think, maybe, just perhaps, that we should hurry back to town and warn them! I can uh... rally the guard I guess..."

Torment and Legacy

The Village of Salvoy

HaanarHaanar steps into the circle of stones. They begin to glow and he disappears a minute later to who knows where.

Lazino

Lazino slows your journey back to Salvoy. His bruises and old bones make him slow and he seems to have sunk into introspection, "Haanar has discovered how to move through the standing stones. I fear we have pushed him towards his mother or at least down a dark path."

"I don't know how we can defend against him and still leave him alive. Gods forgive me for not telling him his heritage sooner."

Layla

The village is a hive of activity when you arrive. Layla comes running to help her grandfather back to the inn. A lot of the villagers are in the inn or standing outside, eager to hear the tale of Lazino's rescue.

OOC Scene Notes

Show Bookkeeping

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Sir Michael Shaggy

12 hp

6 hp

Alexander Scoob

6 hp

Haanar  

Show Active Map

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)

Sheet | Thread

Sir Michael stands around awkwardly, shooting glances at the others, really hoping they are the ones to tell the tale of their less-than-heroic rescue mission...

Edited by FrancisJohn (see edit history)

spacer.png Shaggy looks at the crowd, then shakes his head. Hesitantly, because he is not a great storyteller, he tells what happened. "Well, we followed the trail to the standing stones and found the ogre. We had a fight, it didn't actually go all that well for us, and in the end, only Scoob here and the ogre were standing while Alexander worked on cutting Lazino's bonds. Scoob took care of business and Lazino revived the rest of us. Valaerys decided we were a bunch of fools and took off. Haanar showed up in a rage. We couldn't calm him down and he's planning on coming back to thrash the whole village for how he was treated growing up."

Crunch

50E6DB0B-A295-4336-8A6B-0AC2F9C25156.png.7d088883a52fded61ed770292f9fdb86.png.5c03f010145cc974ea9b823e40ab3fcf.png

Alexander Kirkpatrick (Human Cleric)

AC: 14 | HP: 17 | Current: 17 | Hero Points: 1

Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +8 | Perception: +6

Focus Pool: 1 | Current: 1 | Spell Slots:  Cantrips: 5/5,  1st: 0/2 | Cleric Font: Healing 0/3

Active Effects: None.

Conditions: None

Alexander speaks up next. "We need to prepare for when Haanar shows up. I suggest that word get to the outlying homes and encourage the people to seek safety within the village walls. I will stand with the village to help protect it."

Torment and Legacy

The Village of Salvoy

Dean BiddieDean Biddie steps out of the Amble Inn, "What walls? We're a village, not a fort!"

He seems to be ignoring the fact that the priest might be speaking metaphorically. Indeed the only protection the village has is a low hedge between the river and the buildings. The river might offer some protection but there is a ford that is easy to cross, "Sir Michael, you're a guard here. What do we do? Is one man really such a danger to Savoy? Does he have more ogres?"

OOC Scene Notes

Show Bookkeeping

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Sir Michael Shaggy

12 hp

6 hp

Alexander Scoob

6 hp

Haanar  

Show Active Map

Sheet | Thread

Sir Michael begins to stutter and stammer yet again as he again becomes the center of attention, "Um... well yes... I think we should get the women and children to safety. Maybe there's um... strength in numbers? Whoever is prepared to fight, should. If not, they should stay with those who need protecting..."

• 3 weeks later...

Torment and Legacy

The Village of Salvoy

Dean BiddieVillagers raise their voices in a barrage of questions, mostly aimed at the poor guard who accompanied the group to rescue Lazino. Dean Biddie climbs up on the monument in the town square and shouts for quiet, "Please, people, please, nobody can hear anyone answer."

"We clearly need defenders so I am asking now for volunteers. Michael, what do we need to do to defend against ogres and Haanar? Alexander, Shaggy, how many people do you need? What should we do about those who can't fight?"

"Fellow Salvoy folk, I'd like you to sign up in the tavern. I'll get pen and paper and write out the names of volunteers. Our brave defenders will then explain what needs doing. Alright?" He hops down off the monument, "Form an orderly queue please.

OOC Scene Notes

Show Bookkeeping

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Sir Michael Shaggy

12 hp

6 hp

Alexander Scoob

6 hp