Hello everyone! My name is John. I started out playing Dungeon and Dragons way back in middle school...like 1982. We would play for 8 hours straight in the basement or garage. Yeah, just like the opening scene of Stranger Things. Typically playing a Human fighter, cleric or my favorite Halfling thief (named Milo Fezziwig). I grew up in Buffalo, N.Y. and moved out to Arizona in 1993. Yeah, I am used to loosing sports teams. I took a huge break for a while and got back into gaming around 5 years ago. I am a Dad of 2 two kids ages 10 and 12. My wife and I are both teachers. Unfortunately, She really isn't in to gaming but the kids will play from time to time. I am a history guy as well and play a lot of World of warships. I just happen to stumble on Myth Weavers so, here we are... eventually I will play as a PC somewhere and my even dabble in 5e or something...although my old school AD&D mind may implode lol.

9-8bVbjcx.gif

Edited by Milo Fezziwig
typo (see edit history)

Started Playing in 1982 or 83 Man I remember when we would play in my friends room or in his dining room depending on how many people showed up. all weekend for hours on end only pausing to eat and sleep. lol

I started playing D&D in the early eighties when I was too young to remember the exact date or even year. I know it was around the start of AD&D, but I had the blue or red box first, then moved onto AD&D with the neighborhood gang.

I've played a few other games, (Boot Hill, Star Frontiers, etc.) but D&D is still my favorite, and I enjoy both AD&D/2nd Edition and 3rd or 3.5. I prefer playing a caster, wizard more than the others, but cleric is also on the table if no one else builds one.

2 hours ago, Milo Fezziwig said:

Great to have people responding! Form your party. CapKirk is a MU, that's all I got right now. 5 adventurers in total and good luck! AD&D1e ruleset. Thanks everyone.

3d6 in order or 4d6 drop the lowest arrange to taste?

1 hour ago, Milo Fezziwig said:

4D6 drop the lowest. You can raise and lower scores as well. I will place that in the HOUSE RULES. Lets say to raise an ability score by one point, you lower another by three points.

It's commonly accepted to raise one score by one point and drop another by 2

1 hour ago, Milo Fezziwig said:

True, but between all the breaks that I will be giving the 1 for 3 is more than fair.

1 for 3 is kinda steep lol let me get my thread started and ability scores rolled and I will see lol. Looking forward to playing on this game.

Hitting the proverbial books. I've never, ever played ADnD, let alone 1e. I balk at THAC0 mechanic, but I am willing to give it the college try. but I have to know: house rule feat or mechanics to allow for Dex fighter or are we doing it R.A.W. ?

Thinking about throwing in a melee fighter to springboard off of the background for the illusionist wunderkind, and act as the IC guardian for the kid, if they permit either (?)

Nevermind. I have an idea for a gnoll attack on her hometown, but she could show up at the temple to Pelor to meet up with the kid-PC there if you agree. @Excior

Edit for more clarification: I'd like to apply dex to a short sword, as shown in the image I plan to use for the portrait, which is this:
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a5/aa/35/a5aa359b2d4e39a16c16549653df51c8.jpg

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)

1 hour ago, rorytheromulan said:

Hitting the proverbial books. I've never, ever played ADnD, let alone 1e. I balk at THAC0 mechanic, but I am willing to give it the college try. but I have to know: house rule feat or mechanics to allow for Dex fighter or are we doing it R.A.W. ?

Thinking about throwing in a melee fighter to springboard off of the background for the illusionist wunderkind, and act as the IC guardian for the kid, if they permit either (?)

Nevermind. I have an idea for a gnoll attack on her hometown, but she could show up at the temple to Pelor to meet up with the kid-PC there if you agree. @Excior

Edit for more clarification: I'd like to apply dex to a short sword, as shown in the image I plan to use for the portrait, which is this:
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a5/aa/35/a5aa359b2d4e39a16c16549653df51c8.jpg

I have not heard from SP yet but maybe we could say this. Your fighter was an old family friend of the Darkwoods. I don't want to micromanage your character and not be presumptuous about her history. Just an idea to try to combine our histories. You knew them from your days as a guard in training for the mine managers of Diamond Lake when the Darkwoods were still living there. Perhaps you ran into some trouble with the locals especially with the corruption and greed that permeated the town and Johan Darkwood helped bail you out and provide interference. Since then you have formed a close friendship with the family and was Jessica's doting older favourite pseudoaunt. You still pretty much kept in touch even though the Darkwoods left Diamond Lake. Recently a town near the Free City Greyhawk was hit by a plague and Johan and Jessica were trapped in the town and fell sick. Johan bravely managed to create an alchemical cure for the plague but at the cost of his own life. But Jessica survived and was taken to the Free City of Greyhawk to recuperate at the Temple of Pelor there. The temple contacted you and told you that before he died Johan had left Jessica a note claiming that if anything happened to him that you would be named Jessica's guardian. Your character and Jessica have been inseparable since. It is up to you of course how you want to handle your character. This is just an idea. Maybe you could expand on this or make some suggested changes?

Jessica is not an illusionist by the way. She is a universal magic user for lack of a better term.