I'll answer @CapKirk here.

See that dice image in the upper right corner of your original post on the thread you started? Clicking the ellipsis next to it brings up a menu, hit "edit" from that menu to change the title of your thread. "Edit" at the bottom is for quick edits.

Yeah, I agree regarding the organization of info in the PHB. I've had both PHB and DMG open to get the stats I have by cross-referencing and looking in the DMG to get information Gygax withheld from players. (a gentleman and a scholar was Gygax, but that was an awful decision)

Base movement is under Encumbrance. Humans have no modifier to speed from race, so if you are not carrying/wearing/holding bulky items - for a child and a mage, I should hope so - your Movement Rate will remain unmodified at 12". Man, what a fast child!

For comparison I'm wearing scale mail which is "fairly bulky" on the DM Guide. My movement Rate should be at 9" because of the bulk rating from my armor.

While I'm up, I have a question for veterans. I'm reading that the DM can ask for a save with any modifier of an ability of his choosing? I've elected to add Con/Dex to some of the saves on my sheet doc where I believe they are applicable, Poison/Petrify/Breath. Let me know if that is sensible or if DM would like me to keep those boxes empty.

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)

Here are some notes about our backgrounds in case you want to tie yours in somewhere.

Jess/Sorcha/Gavin are intertwined through their various upbringings in Diamond Lake, a named location in the lore. Currently they all meet up in Greyhawk city.

I don't know much about Gavin I admit, but it seems like he grew up in Diamond Lake and felt called to the faith of Hironeous and trained in the temple. Jess's time in Diamond Lake was fleeting compared to his and Sorcha's.

Sorcha built up her strength helping her father at the forge and around the home (carrying and splitting firewood for instance), then she trained with Dad and then with Gavin when she needed a serious training partner who wouldn't hold back.

After Jess left, Sorcha and Gavin survived an undead attack which the local clergy solved by returning a stolen idol. Maybe Kerri had a hand in that? She could even have been the one who performed rites to appease the dead where they returned idol in the hills, because nobody knew exactly where the idol was looted.

Gavin was named as Jess's new guardian, so having Kerri closely involved with her family while in Diamond Lake could confuse that even further. I think we should stick to our choice on that matter and move on.

6 hours ago, rorytheromulan said:

Here are some notes about our backgrounds in case you want to tie yours in somewhere.

Jess/Sorcha/Gavin are intertwined through their various upbringings in Diamond Lake, a named location in the lore. Currently they all meet up in Greyhawk city.

I don't know much about Gavin I admit, but it seems like he grew up in Diamond Lake and felt called to the faith of Hironeous and trained in the temple. Jess's time in Diamond Lake was fleeting compared to his and Sorcha's.

Sorcha built up her strength helping her father at the forge and around the home (carrying and splitting firewood for instance), then she trained with Dad and then with Gavin when she needed a serious training partner who wouldn't hold back.

After Jess left, Sorcha and Gavin survived an undead attack which the local clergy solved by returning a stolen idol. Maybe Kerri had a hand in that? She could even have been the one who performed rites to appease the dead where they returned idol in the hills, because nobody knew exactly where the idol was looted.

Gavin was named as Jess's new guardian, so having Kerri closely involved with her family while in Diamond Lake could confuse that even further. I think we should stick to our choice on that matter and move on.

Thank you my friend, yes reads well to me. Kerri will have been one of the clergy who recover the stolen idol, then helped with ritualistic rites appeasing the dead after the idol’s safe return. I’ll add that as a snippet in my Background,

Hope y’all are well today!