Jump to content

Team Nameless - IC


scootloops

Recommended Posts

 

NPC

image.png.93c8c302efa7048da2550321c6cba8e1.png

Taborlin Soothesong

The morning finds many of you holding a palms to your foreheads and shunning bright lights. Commander Arran’s way of introducing you to your new life as members of the Silver Hawks Company was certainly original, if a bit chaotic. In the morning there is a handwritten note on the door to your lodgings, on it are instructions written in a loose, rhythmatic script.

 

I hope your night is was enjoyable, but today the work starts. Grab your gear, just the basics, and head to the Gallanti Farmstead just outside of Keri’s Crossing’s northern entrance. Welcome to your new life. - Sergent Lin, Silver Hawks Company

Below the letter is a simple map with directions to the farmstead.

 

 

Edited by scootloops (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

NPC

image.png.93c8c302efa7048da2550321c6cba8e1.png

Taborlin Soothesong

Keri’s crossing is rather lively in the morning for its size. As you make your way to the Gallanti Farmstead, a small market is already under way and full of locals. Many of them are outwardly friendly, expressing some sort of greeting and a few simply say nothing. The vendors shout to you if they have no one at their small stalls. The din eventually dies down as you reach the end of the end of the town, and arrive at the farmstead. It is a simple home surrounded by a few small untilled fields and a poorly constructed wooden fence that serves more to mark the fields than to keep anyone in or out. A lone scarecrow stands in one of the fields, and in the other a few target dummies with arrows sticking out of their chests.
 

Taborlin strolls out of the farmstead holding her spear over her shoulder and a wooden buckler in her off hand. She plants the spear firmly in the ground and rests on it as you all filter in.

Mornin’ Nameless. Feelin’ it from last night are yeh?” She says through a chuckle. “Welcome. You’ve got 20 minutes before we get down to business. There’s some tea in the farmstead that’ll help with a hangover, and some fresh apples courtesy of Commander Arran. We’ll take some time to do formal introductions, and then assess what we’re workin with here. By mid-afternoon we should be making our way north. Commander already has something for us to do.”

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was tea. All things were irrelevant to Tseren until she consumed at least two cups of tea.

She stayed quiet, warm cup in her hands as she drew in the fragrant steam. The sergeant didn't appear panicked or urgent, so whatever this assignment was didn't seem to be life and death -- at least for the moment. But she stood by Arden for now. Once they had more information about whatever was happening up north, hopefully by then, enough tea would wake up Tseren to the point she could think of Pertinent Questions To Ask.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngArden MacDonald

Human Bartender (retired)/Monk


AC: 15 (Unarmored, WIS) | HP: 19/19 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 40 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14 Investigation 9.
Str: 13 (+1) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 15 (+2) | Cha: 11 (0)
Languages: Common,


 

Back when Arden had enlisted in the King's army at an age of 15 (he claimed he was 17, but no one really kept track), the Sergeant had a simple system for getting everyone up. He shouted at them at their barracks to get in formation (at some demonic early hour). Two minutes later, anyone still in bed got a bucket of muddy river water dumped on them. Two buckets was enough for Arden to learn to get up early- and two decades as a bartender had taught Arden to know how much he could drink before it bothered him in the morning.

 

So they had their orders already- the note didn't seem like it was an emergency, but it was their first day on the job. The road to the Gallanti farmstead wasn't difficult, and the morning sun warmed up Arden's bones. So did the tea and an apple.

He looked over at the overs in their team. "What d'ya reckon they have planned for us already? I heard somethin' about gnolls, but didn't hear where they were located."

Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngWilovar Haften

Half Elf Merchant, Waukeener 


AC: 18 (Scale, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling
Spell Slots: L1 3/3 | L2 0/0


 

Wilovar read the note again as he took breakfast in the tavern where he'd secured lodging the day before. They'd filled up quickly - especially as the afternoon drew on and those recruits who'd more heavily indulged started to regret the idea of a walk home. The breakfast was nothing to write home about - much like the potato stew - but luckily a bowl of salted porridge was difficult to ruin. "Just the basics" he thought to himself again, "what on earth did that mean?" That sort of thing depended on how long and far they'd be travelling surely. At least it wasn't too far out of town, could always run back and grab the wagon. Finishing up his bowl, he deposited it on the wooden counter to be collected in due course - raised by a waitress he never sought to increase their workload - and headed outside to check his two mules, giving them a good rub down and basket of feed. Joe was placid as usual, Jimbob seemed in one of his grumpy moods.

He meandered through the market, enjoying the bustle and inhaling the smells of fresh bread, pungent cheeses, his time - the jingle of coin and flow of goods music to his ears. He made sure, too, to keep an eye on prices, see what sold and what didn't, was was in need for his trip back. Curling past a stall packed with bolts of rough linen - not a good seller apparently despite the lack of other options - he came across the meat stall from the rumours, still popular judging by the queue. He glanced at the sky, judging the time, then shrugged and joined the line. The note hadn't specified a time. He chatted to the locals as he waited, easy conversation about the recent weather, the latest caravans, the coming winter. Eventually he reached the front and after a little haggling (Waukeen would want nothing less), parted with a bag of delicious cargo.

About an hour after leaving the tavern, he wandered into the farm chewing on some of the moreish mystery meat. He offered a companionable nod to the innkeeper and his wife - Arden and Tseren he recalled. He grabbed an apple, the fresh crunch a nice contrast to the rich meat. He was dressed in the same well kept travellers clothes as yesterday, brown cloth trousers, leather boots and plain linen shirt tied together with a clean blue cotton waistcoat. "So how far north are we heading then Lin? Note wasn't clear about what that, and it kind of changes what the basics are in terms of rations and things. Also are we going to be on or off road? Trying to figure out if the wagon will make it - if not I've pack saddles instead you see." He asked between bites. "Sorry if you've already asked any of this Tseren and Arden, he adds, "had to stop by the market to try some of this meat folks were raving about. Damn good actually." Looking at the older woman nursing her cup of tea with almost religious reverence he offered "I'll see what I can find in terms of tea leaves next time if you want Tseren - I'm sure I saw a shop with leaves. Not really my drink but I know enough to buy and sell. Do you prefer smoky or delicate? Assuming you've a choice."

 

OOC

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Mace . Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 - 1 bludgeoning damage.

Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed

Sacred Flame . Cantrip (V,S): Creature you can see, range 60 ft., one target, no cover. DEX Save: 1d8 radiant damage.

 

Bonus Actions:

-

 

Reactions:

-

 

Class Features:

Blessing of the Trickster . Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level, you can use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself to give it advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks. This blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again.

Channel Divinity (1/1)

  • Turn Undead

    As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

    A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

  • Invoke Duplicity

    As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.

    For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DragonToken.png.435269cd9c3b758b492ecdd9ceb232a8.pngElrod Dragonskin


AC: 12 | HP: 17/17 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 11 Investigation 10.
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis(p): 8 (-1/+1) | Cha(p): 16 (+3/+5)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven.
Spell Slots: 2/2 Spell Level: 1st Save DC: 13 Spell Attack: +5
Current Appearance (Disguise Self): Old Human Jeweler


Elrod did not wake up happy, or easily. Dragons need their sleep.

He knew that the mercenary life was likely to have its ups and downs, however, so he did get up, and went to the farmstead as instructed, still in his disguise as a human jeweler. The dragonborn looked around at the rest of his squad, and wondered why they all felt the need to join up. Merchants, tavern owners, and assorted ruffians. He thought he would probably find out, and hoped that the famous turnover rate of the Silver Hawks was not all due to death and debility.

The walk to the farmstead woke him up, and the promise of apples and tea, while not particularly appealing, was welcome to his empty stomach. Perhaps he should have bought some food from the market... But no, he would save his gold. His precious gold.

At Arden's question, Elrod startled a bit. "I do not know," he commented, in his strange accent, "But I suspect the sergeant will first assess our abilities before sending us into combat," he finishes, with a gesture towards the training dummies set up in the area. "Hopefully, guarding a caravan or something. Our presence alone should deter attack," he hoped, although glancing at the state of their armor and weapons, he wasn't so sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wilovar's question broke Tseren out of her reverie. Still, being outdoors with enough space and (more importantly), no loud drunks nearby seemed to do wonders for the older woman's mood. Her brow furrowed for a few moments, then she gave the merchant a nod.

"Strong. Black. Slight smoke. The first picked leaves of the season, they -- they are the more expensive ones..." A wistful rumble escaped Tseren's throat. "Those...those are the delicate ones too." Usually, she and Arden could only afford the teas picked at the end of the season. Of course, most travelers at their inn couldn't tell the difference. The first harvest -- you made it last if you managed to get it.

She took a sip from her cup, savoring the warmth. This, too, was end of the season tea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.207eb4b7ee457965c9e5ece9b8bbc913.jpeg

D
Medium, Human Fighter


AC 14

HP 16/16

HD 1/1d8, 1/1d10


Second Wind 1/1


Inspiration 0/?
Attuned 0/3

 

DDaigneault can't help but pull out his wax tablet and scrawl as he bids the town a good morning. Their town only had a charcoal burner, two inns,  and horses that outnumber people. There is also the tin mines but everyone dreads talking about it and nobody visits.

 

Keri's Crossing isn't much different but the devil is in the details. Daigneault buzzes around window shopping, asking the locals how they've been, and mulling about the problems of those who would share. He knows he can't spend too much time, the sergeant had an early call, but he has to make an impression on the other pilgrims and pioneers.

 

Upon reaching the farm, his demeanor becomes somber. He does not know what to expect. This is supposed to be his livelihood going forward. He must learn what he can. He molds himself to what his idea of a frontiersman is supposed to be like, walking taller with a thousand-yard stare.

 

“Good morning to you all. I look forward to a fruitful... uh, expedition?” He tries to move past the mistake. Once again, he establishes eye, contact, repeats their names to them, and gives a curt nod. He does flub on Daermiir. He can't quite place the face to a name just yet.

 

The sergeant seems to be easy-going. Maybe he can relax a little. With a long exhale, Daigneault lets his posture have more bend and buckle. He beams at the mention of apples, finding his giddiness difficult to mask. Slowly and deliberately, he peels and spiralizes an apple, and slurps it like a wide noodle. And then another.

 

“I can't say I can hazard a guess. I admit I do not know much about these parts. I wish it'll be a small pack though, if it is indeed gnolls that we need to deal with.”

 

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: Apple Peels
Off Hand: 


Action:
Bonus Action:
Move: 

Application

 

Edited by Passione
image shenanigans (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLoxley

Half Elf Bard


AC: 14 (Studded Leather ) | HP: 13/13 | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 11, Perception 14, Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 9 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 10 (+0) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 17 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling
Spell Slots: L1 3/3 | L2 0/0


 

Loxley did not over-indulge the night before. This did not keep him from sleeping late. By the time he awoke and read the note, it looked like nearly everyone of his squad had already made their way toward the farm. This meant that Loxley did not have time for breakfast, which he usually skipped on most days anyway, or to saunter about Kerri’s Crossing having a good look at the town and what the local vendors had to offer.

He did arrive at the farm in time to catch most of the conversation of the others it seemed. And to pocket a couple of apples for later. Also to fill a very hearty mug full of the hot tea. A true blessing. “I like my tea bountiful, strong, and sweet enough make honey weep in envy.”

 

He offered the others a friendly smile before delving into the drink with gusto. The others were doing a good job of trying to pry out whatever preliminary details could be had from Sgt. Lin. Including asking about needing extra rations. Loxley hoped the tea was plentiful and that they had a proper pot for brewing. If not, the half elf knew the first item to go on his wish list.

 

”Loxley, for those who might not have caught my name. A pleasure to be teamed with you. I am a bard by trade. Which means when it comes down to it, I prefer to shoot first and poke at things second.” He indicated his bow, crossbow, and rapier as he spoke. “Not bad with any of them if it comes down to a little crowd control. I just prefer a friendly voice or even a hearty song to anything that breaks skin or causes blood to flow.”

 

Edited by OneMoreGamer (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

NPC

image.png.93c8c302efa7048da2550321c6cba8e1.png

Taborlin Soothesong

"Sounds like the lot of you 'eard me complainin' 'bout the gnolls. Well, that ain't what we're gonna do, much to my disappointment. 'Least not for a little bit longer." Taborlin stops resting on her spear and walks amongst all of you as she continues. "Our first assignment will be a little more simple. An 'onestly, the simpler the better since this will be the first time yer workin' together." She nods to Tseren and Arden. "With one exception."

A cool breeze rises from the nearby tall grass. It carries an earthy scent along with a few dead leaves and dandelion seeds. A few dark clouds begin to creep over the mountains in the west, dimming the morning sun slightly. Taborlin strides over to and Joe, placing a gentle hand on the friendlier of the two steeds before nodding to Wilovar and continuing her address. "Had a chat with the captain of the garrison after y'all took for the evenin'. Let 'im know I've got some freshies, and that 'e can't let the garrison leave, regardless of the deep pockets a that tourist. So, 'e suggested that we help out and scout ahead for 'em. Even found it in 'is good grace to compensate us for the trouble. I told 'im 'no need' but he insisted." She smiles slyly. "We're 'eaded south t' clear the old road that leads to the mistlands. Nothin' big, just need to make sure no bandits, beasts, or bugbears have set up any sort of camps or dens along the way. An if they 'ave, then best make sure yer blades is sharp. The Silver Hawks pay us on completion, along with the captain's contribution as a bonus." Having returned back to where her spear stuck out of the soft earth, Taborlin pivots and pulls it out of the ground in a swift motion. "Now's the time for any questions. We've got 3 days travel, give or take any slowdowns, and then 3 days back. We've got one barrel of apples and a box of tea, anything else either you've got on hand already, or we'll get while traveling. I don't think any of you would have made it out here without at least some capabilities for survival. We'll head out by the time the sun reaches it's zenith."

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DragonToken.png.435269cd9c3b758b492ecdd9ceb232a8.pngElrod Dragonskin


AC: 12 | HP: 17/17 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 11 Investigation 10.
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis(p): 8 (-1/+1) | Cha(p): 16 (+3/+5)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven.
Spell Slots: 2/2 Spell Level: 1st Save DC: 13 Spell Attack: +5
Current Appearance (Disguise Self): Old Human Jeweler


The dragonborn glanced at Arden after Sgt Taborlin's speech. Although he had some difficulty understanding the dialect, he thought he had the meaning down from context. "Well, we were both wrong. But this should still be fine." He may have been trying to convince himself.

Elrod considered his pack, with more than enough rations for himself for the trip, assuming it was as short as advertised. He would need to find water, but that was probably going to be a problem for everyone. It would have been nice if the Company supplied healer's kits, but they would have to manage. Elrod wondered if anyone in the group was a healer.

"This will be fine."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Is that three days on foot or three days on mounts? And would Wilovar's cart hinder us?" The tea had worked to loosen Tseren's thoughts finally. While she liked the luxury the merchant's cart offered their band(?), she also worried about the cart potentially slowing them down. Although, if there were bandits or other sentient threats, it would make for wonderful bait...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


token_12.png.fc923c5f4144325d976c83c4f5753d9c.png.cf9a7c2130e10691cc83b1a0d8842c56.pngClay Dust(Claiborne Barleydust)

Human Ranger, Hunter 


AC: 14 (Studded Leather) | HP: 24/24 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 14, Insight 12, Investigation 11.
Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 14(+2) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, (+1 undecided)
Spell Slots: L1 2/2 | L2 0/0


 

Clay always hated loud parties, so he preferred to stay in his room for the whole time. Many may not even notice his presence, yet Clay didnt bothered himself by this thoughts, thinking that he may get a better impression on other members of the party by himself during the mission. He slept bad and was quite nervous, yet decided to not show that to everything, pretending like nothing were happened.

When walking near the scarecrow, Clay suddenly bowed before it as if it was some kind of king or prince. A wierd gesture, yet not without sacrifical meaning to Clay itself.

"Thank you, the one watching for every soldier to depart and for every soldier to come back."

There was a small tradition among their ranks. Everyone who have no one to care about eventually came to something like this. Some reason to return, otherwise you have a chance to be crushed under cogs of war. Because of that, every military had some ritual which would make someone, or something waiting for him. Someone throwing coins to the fountain, yet this ritual was something similar to this.

Clay secretly smiled, thinking about how weird he was looking for those who seen it, and kept walking towards the meeting spot, carefully looking into surroundings due to old habit. Once he arrived to the spot, he listened the speech, thinking about its usefulness.

"Tea and apples for 6 days trip? Really? Think i might want to volunteer to hunt something." - thought Clay. Anyway, thats the thing he is able to do without any issues. Used to travelling life, he got his stuff with him already, and wasnt really mind to share the food.

"Scouting mission, really hope its forest, otherwise my skills might be less useful than others. Gnolls gonna be a problem though." Clay had no idea about gnolls other than its a dog-like humanoids that doesnt seem to be friendly with humans. He thought a bit, remembering if he had any information about them yet nothing came up into mind except if the task is easy it isnt, so better to overreact than opposite.

Looking at others, he said "My name is Clay, and im a ro....ranger. Hope my skills will be useful for team." He never was able to introduce himself properly, so shortly afterwards he asked "May i know more about the place we are going to scout? Why its called mistlands?"

Thats was probably the most important question, cause mist is usually present around swamps naturally, yet is it really a swamp or something else, something more important to know, because such things as bandits usually picking the least suitable for life places for a reason, and that was worth checking. "Might be something else behind it."

OOC

Sorry if i messed up something, feel free to provide me a guidance))

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngWilovar Haften

Half Elf Merchant, Waukeener 


AC: 18 (Scale, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling
Spell Slots: L1 3/3 | L2 0/0


 

Wilovar listened carefully as Sargent Lin shared the details. Certainly the mission sounded relatively benign. "Hopefully if it's an old road the wagon will cope - certainly the terrain I took it through over the mountains was rough enough for some of it. Besides, might lure out any bandits. If we do take the wagon I've a barrel of fresh water, and rations for 14 days for myself. Certainly be willing to sell those, but might be cheaper to buy your own before we leave," He offers with a wink. "I'll see if there's a warehouse to store my trade goods before we leave - make more space for supplies - or just somewhere to ride."

He nodded to welcome Clay, "A ranger is certainly welcome - I'm not really an outdoorsman. Maybe that will cut down on the supplies we need."

 

OOC

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Mace . Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 - 1 bludgeoning damage.

Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed

Sacred Flame . Cantrip (V,S): Creature you can see, range 60 ft., one target, no cover. DEX Save: 1d8 radiant damage.

 

Bonus Actions:

-

 

Reactions:

-

 

Class Features:

Blessing of the Trickster . Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level, you can use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself to give it advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks. This blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again.

Channel Divinity (1/1)

  • Turn Undead

    As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

    A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

  • Invoke Duplicity

    As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.

    For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Arden MacDonald

Human Bartender (retired)/Monk

 


AC: 15 (Unarmored, WIS) | HP: 19/19 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 40 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14 Investigation 9.
Str: 13 (+1) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 15 (+2) | Cha: 11 (0)
Languages: Common,


 

Arden listened to the Sergeant explain the mission. Seemed simple- which worked for a group on their first mission. Check out the trails, clear out any obstacles or threats. They had a few people who knew the outdoors in the group.

Listening to Wilovar talking about the wagon, Arden nodded at the merchant. "Smart thinkin'. Bandits might not attack over a half dozen armed people, but hide a few of us in a wagon and suddenly we look like a tasty target."

Arden looked up at the sky. At the moment, there were only a few clouds. But... "Any chance of rain the next few days? Might make the trip a pain if the skies open up."  He looked at Clay, figuring the ranger would have a better feel than he would

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...