Team Nameless - IC

scootloops

spacer.png

Human Bartender (retired)/Monk

AC: 15 (Unarmored, WIS) | HP: 19/19 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 40 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14 Investigation 9.
Str: 13 (+1) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 15 (+2) | Cha: 11 (0)
Languages: Common,

Arden listened to the responses of everyone on why they joined and nodded. "We're in the same situation as Daigneault over there- wantin' to see the world, especially the part that just opened up."

On the road, Arden was content to walk instead of riding in the wagon. "Too used to bein' on my feet. Ay my age, if I sit down too long, my legs start complainin'."

He did keep an eye out on the road, searching for any signs of bandits. It wasn't likely they would attack the first night, so close to town- but it wasn't out of the question.

At camp, Arden's stomach growled at he caught a scent of Tseren's seafood dish. Hearing Loxley's comment, Arden piped up. "We ought to keep an eye out for any mushrooms. Tseren makes a soup that could make an ogre give up meat."

Later, when Loxley started playing and his lute string broke, Arden gave a wry grin. "It's all good, Loxley. A few years ago, a trio of gnomes offered to play their music for tips and food. They lasted one hour- seemed to think that 'playing loud' and 'playing well' were the same thing. Had to throw them out, and it took a week before the ringin' stopped in my ears."

spacer.pngWilovar Haften

Half Elf Merchant, Waukeener 

AC: 18 (Scale, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling
Spell Slots: L1 3/3 | L2 0/0

Wilovar inhaled the delicious smells, listening politely as Tseren explained the ingredients without any real attempt to commit them to memory. He knew where his skills lay, and cooking was not one such domain. Loxley proceeded to add a wonderful accompaniment, seamlessly transitioning to a gentle woodwind when betrayed by his tools, and conversation flowed in place of wine. "I knew I made the right call taking that gold," Wilovar joked "this is much better than travelling along with just Joe and Jimbob for company. They're rather terse conversationalists and not nearly as helpful around the camp. I dare say things are almost more homely than the tavern!" It's clear the merchant enjoys company. Clay's comment around extra reinforcements, after a day largely keeping to himself, drew a raised eyebrow, and Wil pondered what the man might mean. Hopefully he would find out soon. Clay was one of the more mysterious members of their group (though Wil was aware he hadn't exactly shared his own reasons for joining the Silver Hawks rather than going it alone). Admittedly Elrod was a little odd, and Norman a little eccentric, but both had been open in their own ways. Arden and Tseren didn't seem to have a deceitful bone in their body either, salt of the earth types. Loxely, well Loxely struck him to be the type likely full of lies, but not the malicious kind at least. No, he'd definitely struck lucky here. Much better than travelling alone, and more than made up for the weather. Pity about the risk of bandits hovering around... He'd avoided his fair share travelling west of the mountain before, but in general the lands were better patrolled there - crime more organised - and he'd spent most of his time trying not to bait them in. "I'll try to keep my eye's peeled for any mushrooms tomorrow, though you'll have to rely one someone else to tell you whether they're safe or not," he replied to Arden.

OOC

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Mace . Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 - 1 bludgeoning damage.

Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed

Sacred Flame . Cantrip (V,S): Creature you can see, range 60 ft., one target, no cover. DEX Save: 1d8 radiant damage.

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Blessing of the Trickster . Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level, you can use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself to give it advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks. This blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again.

Channel Divinity (1/1)

• Turn Undead

As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

• Invoke Duplicity

As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.

For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

GM-Token.png.93f0d150e3ed4b6cafdce51f5b700b58.png

Clay

@Moturnach Make the rolls listed if you choose.

DC 20 Animal Handling

With some luck and the right kind of offerings, Clay is able to tame some creature(s) to stay at camp and act as early warning should trouble arise.
Choose One of the following:
x3 Squirrels; x3 Crows; x1 Wild Boar; x1 Coyotes, x1 Stag; or x2 Raccoons

Benefit: Whichever animals are chosen, they will give advantage to the watch that Clay is a part of for the evening. Additionally, you can make the same check for the next subsequent 4 days, reducing the DC by 2 each day (18 for day 2, 16 for day 3, 14 for day four) if you choose the same animals. After 4 successful, consecutive days, these companions become permanent, and can give advantage to anyone's watch during the evening hours. The animal companion does confer any other benefits than what is listed above (for now at least, I'm willing to workshop this)

DC 12 Survival

Clay successfully hunts and forages enough extra food to fill in the gaps that Tseren can't quite fill, despite her skills at living off the lands. Everyone is able to have a decent meal.

Loxley

@OneMoreGamer Loxley's performance, despite its early tragedy, soothes everyone's anxieties for the night and confers advantage on any perception checks made by allies on the same watch Loxley is on. Loxley doesn't gain advantage himself.

Edited by scootloops (see edit history)

DragonToken.png.435269cd9c3b758b492ecdd9ceb232a8.pngElrod Dragonskin

AC: 12 | HP: 17/17 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 11 Investigation 10.
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis(p): 8 (-1/+1) | Cha(p): 16 (+3/+5)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven.
Spell Slots: 2/2 Spell Level: 1st Save DC: 13 Spell Attack: +5
Current Appearance (Disguise Self): Old Human Jeweler

In Town

Elrod answered Wilovar’s question about his occupation before beginning his quest with some surprise. “Oh! I really am a jeweler. Although I just finished my apprenticeship, so I’m just barely a journeyman. Left home as soon as I could, not because there were problems there, but just to see the world, you know? What about you, though, why is a merchant now a mercenary?”

Elrod appreciates the food, the music, and the company greatly. Not for the first time, he regrets that he doesn’t feel he has much to offer the group, although he takes to the idea of doing his shift on watch.

Elrod is rather large, but offers space in his two person tent to anyone who needs it. He tries to help with settling down the animals, concerned about their comfort in this weather. And generally does his best to be helpful, if not in the way. Eventually, Elrod’s disguise changes again, as he tries to change his coloration and the appearance of his clothes to better fit in to the surroundings, as camouflage, although the spell doesn’t seem to be suited for that exactly.

token_12.png.fc923c5f4144325d976c83c4f5753d9c.png
Clay Dust(Claiborne Barleydust)

Human Ranger, Hunter 

AC: 14 (Studded Leather) | HP: 24/24 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 14, Insight 12, Investigation 11.
Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 14(+2) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Deep Speech
Spell Slots: L1 2/2 | L2 0/0

Survival check (12)

Animal Handling check(20)

Clay was looking for something decent to hunt, yet today the luck was rather not on his side.

He looked whole territory yet nothing.

Damn, fist fay on mission, yet no luck. Well, maybe I will be lucky next time. Too bad nothing interesting happened.

Clay wasn't really bothered about lack of wildlife, because he had really no idea what he is looking for. In his imagination it could be lost horse, or some wolf or other animal, reliable enough, and preferably with ability to be useful for battle.

And when he absolutely lost hope, suddenly a magnificent animal appeared from afar. A great wild stag that equally could be a decent meal or reliable ally. At the moment, he was very busy grasing the grass, and because of that he allowed Clay to approach close enough to offer him a apple, looking good enough for potential offering

Lets see, whats happen next. thought Clay.

Stag accepted the offer, yet retreated in a hurry shortly afterwards.

If you looking for an animal trust, don't you dare to shot him in the back after you failed to make him an ally. Well, till next time, maybe we will meet again.

Of course Clay knew it was quite a gamble yet who knows when you will get lucky. Even in own life Clay seen some examples of good and bad luck with animals. One soldier decided to go catch a bear to use it as ally, and ended up being killed because he didn't noticed that she had a cub, and bear thought that human is dangerous enough.

On the other hand, he remembered one lucky case, when soldier took a big spider egg that survived after spider den being ruined, and later he was used it as a dog. Clay still had creeps remembering that dog-sized spider, yet it was surprisingly reliable ally for his owner.

Clay returned to the camp completely empty-handed and a bit disappointed because of that.

- I feel like today isn't really my day. Lets hope that tomorrow will be better. - said Clay preparing for night shift. He collected a small amount of short pointy enough sticks to place them around himself, so when he is supposed to fall asleep, he will get some pain in the side and change his mind immediately. An old, but reliable soldier trick because you can't sleep with stick pushing on your chest even if you really want to. Not really enough pointy to stab himself, but good enough to do the trick.

OOC

Okay, let's do this XD

Edit: oof 2x

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Edited by Moturnach
No idea why, but icon messed up when doing post from phone, moved to top (see edit history)
Name
Survival check (12)
1d20+2 3
Animal Handling check(20)
d20+2 13

Narration

SomGM-Token.png.93f0d150e3ed4b6cafdce51f5b700b58.pngething in the back of Clays' mind is thoroughly hindering his ability to concentrate. Despite many attempts, the ranger finds no success at locating any game to bring to the table for the evening and any foraging he does only results in a mistaken identity of some mushrooms and berries that Tseren thankfully knows are likely to make someone sick. As for trying to locate any animals that might be useful alarm systems, the squrrels and crows in the area prove to be incredibly finicky and wary of any sort of approach, stags and coyotes prove to be no different, sensing an inner conflict in the ranger and avoiding him all-together. He does manage to get close to a wild boar with an offer of some wild berries, only to be nearly gored when the creature gets spooked by a sudden flush of birds Clay didn't see as he approached.

He returns to the camp feeling quite dejected. It is a blessing that at least for tonight, his skills don't seem to have any adverse affect on the groups good spirits from Loxley's endearing flute skills and the warm fire. The rain lets up partway through first watch, much to Tseren and Arden's relief. No one likes being damp.

Clay, Tseren and Arden take up the first watch;

Loxley and Wil take second; (Wil has advantage)

Daigneault and Elrod take up the final;

Each group please make your watch rolls

OOC

I find that Watch can be a good chance for two character to express themselves in RP if you'd like to do so. If any of you have listened to Critical Role (Specifically Campaign 2), the way each of the players get to pair off over time and bond and build dimension with the watches is pretty cool. Please let me know in OOC if y'all would like extra time to do this on each watch. I figured we could go with whomever is doing the middle watch of the night, so for this evening we could allow Loxley and Wil to have an extra chance to chat. then the next night we could have a different pair take midnight watch and do the same. Please don't feel required to do so though! Just thought it might be a fun thing to do since we're still all learning about each others PC's. Taborlin will join one of the watches before this mission is complete, so you'd have a chance to learn somethings about her if you can crack her open.

Edited by scootloops
Updating watch order (see edit history)

spacer.png

Human Bartender (retired)/Monk

AC: 15 (Unarmored, WIS) | HP: 19/19 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 40 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14 Investigation 9.
Str: 13 (+1) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 15 (+2) | Cha: 11 (0)
Languages: Common,

Watch 1...

Arden watched the others settle in on the first night. The hiking hadn't been too difficult today. Tseren was by the fire, brewing some more tea.

"I'll take a cup if you have extra, love." He said. Tseren didn't handle crowds well- and this was a larger group than they were expecting when they joined up. Part of Arden wondered if they wouldn't have been better off building a small hut and spending the days fishing, away from everyone.

Doubt it- you both like travelling too much. And after a month, the smell of fish would have driven you batty.

Arden looked over at Clay. Quiet guy- seemed lost in thought.

"Want some tea, Clay? Help keep you up." The rain had dissipated but Arden still felt a chill in his bones.

Watching Clay gather up some sticks, Arden chuckled. "My old sergeant did the same thing. Told all of us recruits that if we fell asleep during watch, he'd pour river water on our heads. And up North, that water is ice-cold. Only took one bucket to teach me." Arden knocked his knuckles against his forehead. "I've been called a fool but even I have my limits. But this one city kid- Lansing or Landon or something- wouldn't stay awake. Third time, the sergeant had all of us carry him and throw him into the river. Felt bad for the kid, but the sergeant was screaming that he might get us killed. Long story... if I start gettin' tired, all I need to do is look at a bucket and it keeps me awake for the rest of the watch."

@Moturnach
@RedRajah

Edited by crimsonjoe (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+2 14

DragonToken.png.435269cd9c3b758b492ecdd9ceb232a8.pngElrod Dragonskin

AC: 12 | HP: 17/17 (2d8+4) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 11 Investigation 10.
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis(p): 8 (-1/+1) | Cha(p): 16 (+3/+5)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven.
Spell Slots: 2/2 Spell Level: 1st Save DC: 13 Spell Attack: +5
Current Appearance (Disguise Self): Old Human Jeweler

Final Watch...

Elrod practiced more with his Disguise Self ability, transforming into a gnoll, and a giant kobold, and a strange bipedal bear, before trying to become a treant. A small one, but if he stood really still, it kind of looks like he's a tree. Eventually, he tires of it, and returns to his old jeweler disguise, is apparent default. "Ok, I'll get some sleep. Someone wake me up when it's my turn at watch, please," he commented, before climbing into his tent to resume his 'natural' form.

When his watch came up, he turned back into a treant, and sat down with Daigneault to watch. "I don't know if this is helpful, but it's worth a try." Again, he seemed too distracted to really do much watching.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)
Name
Wisom (Perception)
1d20-1 4

1st Watch

Tseren arched a brow when Arden asked her to make him a cup of tea, but only grunted "Needs a few more minutes to finish steeping..." Then she went back to cleaning her handaxe, scouring the remnants of apple and onion on it with a handful of sand. Satisfied with her cleaning, she peered closer at the axe head, checking the edge and making sure it was still strongly affixed to the haft. The metal glinted in the firelight. Still no nicks on the edge, still a firm handle, still a good tool.

With a final wipe against her trousers, Tseren resheathed the handaxe at her side, then carefully poured a cup of tea for Arden. Then herself. She shot a glance towards the woods surrounding them, trying to stay vigilant.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2875046]Tseren[/url][/b] [i]Human (variant Tuigan) Barbarian 2 N[/i] [b]AC[/b] 15 [b]HP[/b] 23 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Str[/b] 16 (3) [b]Dex[/b] 14 (2) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 12 (1) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Greataxe[/b] +5 1d12+3s [b]Handaxe[/b] +5 1d6+3s [b]Javelin[/b] +5 1d6+3p [b][/b] [b][/b] Great Weapon Master Source: Player's Handbook You've learned to put the weight of a weapon to your advantage, letting its momentum empower your strikes. You gain the following benefits: On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action. Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage. Class Features As a barbarian, you gain the following class features. Hit Points Hit Dice: 1d12 per barbarian level Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution modifier Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d12 (or 7) + your Constitution modifier per barbarian level after 1st Proficiencies Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons Tools: None Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution Skills: Choose two from Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, and Survival Equipment You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background: (a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon (a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon An explorer's pack and four javelins Rage (2/day) In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor: You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws. When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table. You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging. Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action. Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again. Unarmored Defense While you are not wearing any armor, your armor class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit. Danger Sense At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated. Reckless Attack Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.
Tseren
Human (variant Tuigan) Barbarian 2 N

AC 15 HP 23 Speed 30ft

Str 16 (3) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Greataxe +5 1d12+3s
Handaxe +5 1d6+3s
Javelin +5 1d6+3p

Great Weapon Master

Source: Player's Handbook

You've learned to put the weight of a weapon to your advantage, letting its momentum empower your strikes. You gain the following benefits:

On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action.

Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.

Class Features

As a barbarian, you gain the following class features.
Hit Points

Hit Dice: 1d12 per barbarian level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d12 (or 7) + your Constitution modifier per barbarian level after 1st
Proficiencies

Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: Choose two from Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, and Survival
Equipment

You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:

(a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon
(a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon
An explorer's pack and four javelins

Rage (2/day)

In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.

While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor:

You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging.

Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.

Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.

Unarmored Defense

While you are not wearing any armor, your armor class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Danger Sense

At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Reckless Attack

Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Edited by RedRajah (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+3 5

Clay Dust(Claiborne Barleydust)

token_12.png.fc923c5f4144325d976c83c4f5753d9c.png.cf9a7c2130e10691cc83b1a0d8842c56.pngHuman Ranger, Hunter 

AC: 14 (Studded Leather) | HP: 24/24 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 14, Insight 12, Investigation 11.
Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 14(+2) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Deep Speech
Spell Slots: L1 2/2 | L2 0/0

Thanks. - said Clay, accepting the tea. Looking at Arden's reaction, he continued, drinking tea with apple slices mixed into the cup. Taste was decent, yet Clay was still feeling bitterness of the fact that its the only supplies provided by the company, and its hard to survive on thossupplies.

Well, military service is everywhere a military service. I think even if you are not aware of tricks, eventually you will discover them by yourself. And you most certainly have some sort of douche as commander, either way. Not like im different, yet it was a way too long time ago. Or i wish to think about this in that way, who knows.

Damn, i almost went nostalgic. I know that im in pretty good shape, yet im starting to feel certain doubt about myself. Am i getting too old for that stuff or what?

Looking at Tseren polishing her axe and drinking tea, Clay spent quite a few minutes. Then, when he was about to get up, he observed a bit of Elrod transformations.

Magic users is quite wierd, yet who am i to blame someone.

Clay didn't know that he had a some talent for magic untill he tried to replicate a spell from the book he found in dungeon. Book was written in quite wierd, cryptic language that definitely has not supposed to be used by human mouth, yet for some reason, he decided to learn this language.

Unfortunately, book was mostly useless, yet provided him some tricks to use. He never mentioned that he have something like that in his arsenal, preferring to use it as extra trick hidden in sleeve just because based on his experience, he was quite behind real magicians and his magic abilities was pretty below average, so it provided him certain advantage, but not to the point that he could fully rely on it.

Okay, time to patrol area a bit. I should return in a few minutes. said Clay going into the darkness to check the situation.

As usual in such situations, he waited a few minutes till his eyes will get used to darkness, and then started to look into darkness, trying to see something.

We really need to think about setting some traps around the camp. Sneaky person could easily slip right under our noses, and we might be unaware of that.

OOC

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Edited by Moturnach
Fixed image (see edit history)
Name
Perception
d20+4 8

3wIkLSC.png

D
Medium, Human Fighter

AC 14

HP 16/16

HD 1/1d8, 1/1d10

Second Wind 1/1

Inspiration 0/?
Attuned 0/3

Afternoon on the road

“Mules bite?! Good to know.” D tentatively pulls his hand away from Jimbob, mentally filing away an idea about chew toys, chewing tobacco, and how magic can help.

“This knick-knack? Nothing much. Just something that pushed me to pursue a life apart from a craftsman's.”

“The hat adjusts to the wearer, so at least I know it's enchanted. When me and my friends tried it, we found out it gives you a moment of clarity, and yet the moment holds. Makes it easier to make connections and notice things we missed before. It made me feel like I was going through life with a greater understanding of what’s going on around me by just taking it in, which I suddenly found to be both easier and quicker than it’s ever been. I realized a bunch of things but I still can't say if 'knowing' is a good thing or a bad thing. Granted, one of us used the opportunity to build a contraption to sling chicken droppings onto lime washed walls. I was hoping some animal intuition might help me find out.”

“So far, I saw a chicken park its ass and sightsee on top of a guard tower, and a cow play ball. I don't know what their inner universe is like. I can't say I understand why. But it's a start. Best thing I can do is learn something new everyday and update my prior beliefs in light of the evidence of new stuff.”

Camp preparation

D didn't find much luck bagging small game. Elrod's directions were on the money but either the inclement weather tuckered them out or they saw him coming before he saw them hide.

Botany isn't his strong suit either. He pondered about which tree barks he heard are edible, just to not return to camp empty-handed. But alas he couldn't remember. With a slap to his thighs, he exclaims. “Gather firewood it is.”

Watch

Throughout their watch, D peppers Elrod with questions as they come to mind.

“How does the broom work? Can you spin with it like a turntable? How comfortable is it? Do you think you can lay on it? Either on you belly or on your back. Does the tail help with the balancing and stuff?”

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

Action: Keeping Watch (Perception)
Bonus Action:
Move: 

Application

Name
Keeping Watch (Perception)
1d20+6 7

spacer.pngWilovar Haften

AC: 18 (Scale, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)

In Town

Wilovar continued through the market easily, chatting with Elrod. Genuinely a jeweller, even if now, Good people to know, tended to make a lot of money. So long as there were wealthy people to buy their work at least. He'd obviously anticipated being asked himself why he joined up, but the question still caused a slight waver in his face before he answered "Well I figured I'd need to hire some protection if I was travelling this side of the mountains, and then I thought why spend money on it when I can get paid for the same instead? I'll just need to adjust my routes slightly depending where the Hawks send us." It didn't take a genius to see the flaws in that plan. Still he hoped it would at least pass for now, or Elrod would have the grace to let it lie. The chap seemed pretty harmless - hardly a hardened criminal sent to hunt him down - but he'd like to know their companions a little better before sharing the full truth of the matter.

2nd Watch

Wil was shaken awake by Arden as the time came for his watch. He yawned, stretched, and rubbed some sleep from his eyes as he exchanged a few words with the innkeeper to check nothing had been amiss, before bidding the man a good night.

Stepping out of his tent, he threw a few more logs on the fire, stroking the embers enough that it didn't die, whilst his eyes adjusted to the faint moonlight that managed to make it through the clouds. The drizzle from the end of the day had turned into a sort of fine mist, the kind that leaves you wet through to the bone without realising. Still Loxely's earlier music had lifted his spirits, so he wrapped his coat tighter round against the weather and settled in to keep an eye on the forest. There were plenty of animal noises, a whole different chorus to the city nights or even the more tamed plains west of Danzig. "So, Loxley," he asked, "where did you live before coming east? I'm from Danzig myself - close enough that there was always a little mystery to the storms on the horizon."

OOC

Action: Perception

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Mace . Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 - 1 bludgeoning damage.

Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed

Sacred Flame . Cantrip (V,S): Creature you can see, range 60 ft., one target, no cover. DEX Save: 1d8 radiant damage.

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Blessing of the Trickster . Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level, you can use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself to give it advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks. This blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again.

Channel Divinity (1/1)

• Turn Undead

As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

• Invoke Duplicity

As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.

For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.

Name
Perception
keep(2d20,highest,1)+5 13,19

spacer.pngLoxley

Half Elf Bard

AC: 14 (Studded Leather ) | HP: 13/13 | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +2
Senses: Passive Perception 11, Perception 14, Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 9 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 10 (+0) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 17 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling
Spell Slots: L1 3/3 | L2 0/0

There was magic in the music. Loxley had felt it release from the flute as it reached out to the encourage his companions. He had been both startled and upset by the breaking of the string on his lute, but the flute rendition of the song was one of his better performances.

Loxley was glad to see the positive effect on the group. There was just a hint of it lingering with Wilovar as they gathered together for the night’s watch. Loxley hoped to aid his team in as many ways as possible. There was the quintessence that flowed from the music to help improve tasks both combat and non-combat related, a little healing magic that Loxley hoped to improve over time, a general feeling of comfort and encouragement to be brought forth, and a little luck on Loxley’s behalf as well.

”Danzig, eh?” Loxley smiled at mention of the city. Most folks from smaller villages knew of the location, if only mainly by reports of tradesmen who travelled from there traveling west and sometimes south. “It is a good city to drawn one on to greater things. Or just to find comfort in life away from the storms. I am from a few days ride southwest of there. A little village called Elderberry. You might guess the reason for the name.”

(Perception)

Edited by OneMoreGamer (see edit history)
Name
(Perception)
(1d20+2) 6

Narration

GM-Token.png.93f0d150e3ed4b6cafdce51f5b700b58.pngWil and Loxley's watch starts out quiet and uninteresting, with no disturbances save for some rather loud snoring coming from Sgt Lin's tent and the rustling of small creatures in the nearby bushes. Loxley quickly grows bored and takes the time to restring his lute, a task that doesn't take long thankfully. He softly picks through some scales before settling on a lilting tune, losing himself in the magic of the evening. Though Wilovar appreciates the bard's skills, a deep, nagging anxiety settles over him and he quickly tunes out Loxley in favor of keeping a sharp eye out.

As time passes, Loxley's music creeps back into Wilovars reality as the elf begins to sing. The merchant finally relaxes for a, Loxley's voice is soft as goose down, and strangely alluring. He turns to his companion only to find that Loxley is fast asleep, on a precipice of snoring. The singing grows a little louder, yet sounds like a whisper, its lyrics changing from an unknown tongue into clear common. The words try to find purchase in Wilovars mind...

...come to me, my sweetest of friends,
I've a full cup, the source it never ends...

OOC

@PureChance and @OneMoreGamer
Wisdom Saves! Wilovar has advantage due to the high perception roll from earlier, and so does Loxley because Elf.

DC 11 Wisdom Save

Success: The song coming from the dark woods fails to find purchase on your soul, and you shake off it's charming allure

Failure: The song grips your mind like a domineering lover, and you must go towards it's source in the nearby trees. You are charmed, you can make the save at the end of your turn (or after you try to get to it if we aren't in Initiative)

Edited by scootloops
Wisdom saves, not will saves... (see edit history)

spacer.pngWilovar Haften

2nd Watch

"Oh yes," Wil replied "I recognise the name. I may have travelled through there once when I was scouting routes actually." As time went on, he tried to shake the unsettling feeling. It was probably just nerves, being out here this side of the mountains. New company, first mission. His companions seemed nice enough and good at what they did to. Still, his gut was telling him something wasn't right, and he'd learned to listen to it - at least since he'd seen what happened when he ignored it back signing up with the Broken Knives. He turns back towards Loxley to compliment him on his voice, and shock flooded through his system as he saw the bard asleep. His gaze swung to the dark trees, trying to pick out the source of the song amidst the gentle plop of water falling from leaves. He found it a few moments later, emanating from behind the tree. Recalling the unsettling feeling from earlier, he quickly shook off the siren song. He shook Loxley gently awake, whispering "we've company, something trying to lure us into the woods," he looked critically at the bard, trying to determine if his companion was taken in. "If it wants us separated, it's probably not strong enough to fight us all off, but we'll have to be careful it doesn't just hang around till it manages," he continued. "Go wake the others, but quietly... and tell them to block their ears. I'm going to check it out."

He ducked inside the wagon and gripped the little golden amulet of Waken around his neck. A moment later a perfect image of Wilovar stepped out, and slowly made its way towards the sound as if entranced. The corner of the canvas twitched, as a brown eye carefully watched to see what would happen.

OOC

Action: Blessing of the Trickster on Loxley if he doesn't appear charmed (advantage on stealth checks for 1 hour), then Invoke DuplicityAs an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Channel Divinity (0/1)

• Turn Undead

• Invoke Duplicity

Name
Will(?) Save (DC11)
keep(2d20,highest,1)+5 13,19