Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Announcements

dalamb

This thread is for important announcements that I don't want to be lost in discussion threads.

As of today the game is not ready for applications, but I am making it available to those who helped me choose which campaign to focus on. Feel free to participate in the house rules discusssion, but at the moment I advise against trying to create a character because a few house rules haven't been transcribed from my notes yet.

Tentative application period schedule

1. I need to flesh out Garth as a sample character just a little more. I expect to do so today.

2. Presuming I finish Garth today, I will start the official application period tomorrow, likely in the morning (Eastern timezone) after I check and answer whatever questions have shown up overnight.

3. The ad period will be set for just over 3 weeks, thus ending on Friday, March 22, when the system apparently automatically sets the game status to Closed.

4. God willing, I will make choices over the weekend, and announce acceptances on Monday, March 25. This could take longer than this, though.

5. There will be a 4-day “final fixups” period for people to finish their character sheets and the critical first two posts of their application thread, and to negotiate any “balance” issues between the characters (such as advising each other on improving builds, or resolving duplicate officer positions).

6. I hope to post the first encounter on Friday, March 29.

On 2/21/2024 at 9:32 AM, dalamb said:

Application period schedule

1. I need to flesh out Garth as a sample character just a little more. I expect to do so today. I decided not to delay the advertisement any longer; I may work more on the sheet during the application period.

2. Presuming I finish Garth today, I will start the official application period tomorrow, likely in the morning (Eastern timezone) after I check and answer whatever questions have shown up overnight. Starts today (February 22)

3. The ad period will be set for just over 3 weeks, thus ending on Friday, March 22 15, when the system apparently automatically sets the game status to Closed.

4. God willing, I will make choices over the weekend, and announce acceptances on Monday, March 25 18. This could take longer than this, though.

5. There will be a 4-day “final fixups” period for people to finish their character sheets and the critical first two posts of their application thread, and to negotiate any “balance” issues between the characters (such as advising each other on improving builds, or resolving duplicate officer positions).

6. I hope to post the first encounter on Friday, March 29.

Fixed. I goofed on when the application was going out in the previous attempt.

Please check the Open and Answered Questions topic now that I think I've listed everything people have asked about. I will be taking a break for a bit, and will try to start answering the boldfaced questions later today, but I turn into a pumpkin in about three hours because of Real World constraints.

It would be a good idea to follow threads like Open and Answered Questions and Changes to House Rules. The former gets updated when I list new questions, but doesn't get a new post when I answer questions. The latter does change when I answer rules questions.

I have added the following to the game description:

Game closes to new applications at the end of the official application period. Players who have created a character thread by that time will have time to complete their applications and engage in the required pre-game IC.

It is deliberately vague about how long the IC portion will be, but I anticipate no more than a week after applications close; the only reason for the vagueness is my slow progress with the IC portion of the application process, especially with answering player questions that affect their applications.

Please check the Character Roster to make sure yours is on it, either in the first or second post depending on whether you've started posting in the Purple Dolphin thead.

The advertisement period ended yesterday, and the last application I will consider came in during the wee hours tomorrow morning. I am now working on getting people into the interview threads, finishing those threads, and reviewing incomplete applications to see if there is any help those potential players need. I am aiming to finish the IC (especially the interviews) by Friday the 22nd and making choices over the following weekend, but as Scots poet Robbie Burns wrote, "The best-laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay."

• 2 weeks later...

My health has improved (and has been better for a couple of days, unlike the last couple of times when I thought I was doing better and it didn't last). However, enough stuff in Real Life has piled up, some of which I was ignoring even before starting to revive this game, that I've had to re-evaluate what I can get done. I plan to continue, but can only manage an hour or so every couple of days to work on the campaign. This was historically enough to run the game but it will probably be excessively annoying during this recruitment phase. So, if anyone is too discouraged by the delays to continue, please mark your application with a "withdrawn" tag.

I have no scheduled real-life things tomorrow (Wednesday) so hope to be able to spend an hour then to try to catch up.

Once my health recovered, all my energy went into finishing a draft of a book and submitting it to a publisher - which I did yesterday. I apologize for lack of communication; I kept telling myself "I'll catch up in-game after today's editing session" and kept spending all my time on the manuscript. Today is catching up with Real Life stuff for the most part.