House rules discussion

9 hours ago, dalamb said:

Subdual Substitution now applies to all forms of lethal spell damage.

So does this mean that a WWD casted with Subdual Substitution would no longer be considered a WWD?

I suppose that could be a roleplayed-out debate, actually... but maybe the question is already conclusively answered, in-world.

Edited by Sundust (see edit history)

56 minutes ago, Sundust said:

So does this mean that a WWD casted with Subdual Substitution would no longer be considered a WWD?

I suppose that could be a roleplayed-out debate, actually... but maybe the question is already conclusivel answered, in-world.

Imagine the effect of a Subdual Fireball, what takes place is all the oxygen is depleted in the area causing subdual damage, making them pass out from the heat and suffocation.

4 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

Just seen the addition to Weapon Focus et al.

Is that a typo in the last line, or is it now linked to Weapon Finess somehow (which doesn't require selection of weapons, so would be odd)?

I'm pretty sure he meant Focus and not Finesse and it just got jumbled in.

3 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Imagine the effect of a Subdual Fireball, what takes place is all the oxygen is depleted in the area causing subdual damage, making them pass out from the heat and suffocation.

The base spell is still "Fireball," though. On its own, it's a WWD. It has merely been modified during its casting (or in preparation of its casting, for a prepared caster). I dunno - happy to defer wholeheartedly to our friendly DM. :)