Character creation discussion

dalamb

2 hours ago, TheBard101 said:

There's tons under 8k in the MIC. But I went there first (because they list all the DMG items too) and couldn't find anything. Heck, I went all over the Completes too. It's not a big deal. Worst case scenario, I could spend 8k and get the item I want with several effects I don't want. LOL I was just looking for something did ONLY what I wanted and couldn't find it.

What do you want, out of curiosity?

26 minutes ago, TheFred said:

What do you want, out of curiosity?

Currently, it's private. Sorry Fred. It has to do with his background. It'll come out in play if I'm accepted, of course, hehe.

From "Pets"

Content"Take whatever creature you are dealing with and reverse-engineer its attributes as follows: Derive its attribute mods as though it were built on an array of 3 10’s and 3 11’s: subtract 11 from odd-valued attributes and 10 from even-valued. There should be exactly three of each; if there aren’t, contact me to figure out what to do."

@dalamb The published coure eladrin stats are 6 str, 24 dex, 12, 12, 10, 14. There aren't 3 odd-numbered and 3 even-numbered. What should I do?

What I have tentatively done is assumed a base 10 for every stat and reverse-calculated the racial modifier. That got me racial mods of: -2 str, +14 dex, +2, +2, +0, +4. I used a 15-point-buy over base 8 across every stat (for 14, 10, 8, 8, 8, 14) and, after the point-buy, added in the racial mods (for 10, 24, 10, 10, 8, 18). Is this acceptable/correct?

Sorry for the last-minute question. Fenza's familiar should be the last piece of her puzzle.

42 minutes ago, Sundust said:
From "Pets"

Content"Take whatever creature you are dealing with and reverse-engineer its attributes as follows: Derive its attribute mods as though it were built on an array of 3 10’s and 3 11’s: subtract 11 from odd-valued attributes and 10 from even-valued. There should be exactly three of each; if there aren’t, contact me to figure out what to do."

@dalamb The published coure eladrin stats are 6 str, 24 dex, 12, 12, 10, 14. There aren't 3 odd-numbered and 3 even-numbered. What should I do?

What I have tentatively done is assumed a base 10 for every stat and reverse-calculated the racial modifier. That got me racial mods of: -2 str, +14 dex, +2, +2, +0, +4. I used a 15-point-buy over base 8 across every stat (for 14, 10, 8, 8, 8, 14) and, after the point-buy, added in the racial mods (for 10, 24, 10, 10, 8, 18). Is this acceptable/correct?

Sorry for the last-minute question. Fenza's familiar should be the last piece of her puzzle.

This looks correct, you typed -2 Str, but your final result was correct. You do have 1 point left over the point buy. You can bump an 8 or 10 up by 1 point.

@dalamb Do companions/familiars etc gain a +1 or to ability scores at 4th and 8th?
Familiars are kinda funny, because they get 1/2 hp of their Master or racial HD which ever is better. But they don't actually get bonus HP as they level up.

17 minutes ago, rorytheromulan said:

Personally I find that it's overcomplicated. I had to run it by a buddy to make sure I understood what was being asked of me. He hated it. Too many steps.

What exactly are you referring to, because this whole game is quite complex. So is it in regards to the last few posts about the familiar or the entire character generation.

5 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

This looks correct, you typed -2 Str, but your final result was correct. You do have 1 point left over the point buy. You can bump an 8 or 10 up by 1 point.

@dalamb Do companions/familiars etc gain a +1 or to ability scores at 4th and 8th?
Familiars are kinda funny, because they get 1/2 hp of their Master or racial HD which ever is better. But they don't actually get bonus HP as they level up.

Thank you!

Yes, I meant -4 for str. Sorry for the typo - but it's fixed on the charsheet. I'll add the +1 bump, too.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bloodsprite said:

Can we have Bayonet weapon from Song and Silence on crossbow?

Also wanting to enchant with Harmonizing from City of Splendors: Waterdeep?

Bayonet here, but I am sure you have to enchant it as if it were a double weapon.
Harmonizing is more expensive in PF, but this version is applied to armor/shields.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)