Character creation discussion

dalamb

3 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

@dalamb can I get the Eberron CS feat (pg 52)

I have the book, and it's a skill-related feat, so I have no problem with it.

@dalamb Would there be any issue with a pseudodragon improved familiar?

EDIT: I suppose there would be. I just saw this:

From Questions and Answers Thread

Clarify the implications of there being no dragons. Anything implying recent existence of dragons, such as the half-dragon template, are not possible. Distant dragon ancestry, as in tens of thousands of years in the past, could make sense, as would Dragon Shaman. Further clarification awaits my re-scanning Races of the Dragon to see if anything doesn’t make sense if there haven’t been dragons around anytime recently.

Edited by Sundust (see edit history)

They were probably destroyed by the international soup industry. You know they reproduce so slowly that, eventually, they were hunted to extinction! But they were delicious until then!

And not to be confused with the land bearded dragon surviving hot sun scorched lands

spacer.png

@dalamb So, my character wouldn't own a Hand of the Mage, because he feels it would be disrespectful to elves.

Could he have an Amulet of Mighty Fists + Hand of the Mage (using braided hair from an elven wizard/sorcerer?) 1.5 the cost to add the effects to an existing item. (neck slot)

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

No, I combined them into a single magic item per the rules. Therefore, it doesn't have an actual hand anymore. It's "essence" was bound up into the amulet. :) I felt the same way when I built it. I always hated that you had to have a dead hand around your neck for a cantrip.

3 minutes ago, TheBard101 said:

No, I combined them into a single magic item per the rules. Therefore, it doesn't have an actual hand anymore. It's "essence" was bound up into the amulet. :) I felt the same way when I built it. I always hated that you had to have a dead hand around your neck for a cantrip.

LOL yeah.

Also due to the Rules of War, I am thinking I should take the Subduing Strike feat, so you don't take penalties to dealing subdual damage. It also allows rogue sneak attack damage to be treated as subdual as well.

I also might be missing out on becoming a Tauric Changeling Phase Spider :p
The template can be added to added to any corporeal humanoid or monstrous humanoid of Small or Medium-size (referred to hereafter as the base humanoid) and any Medium-size or Large corporeal animal, magical beast, or vermin with at least four legs (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Also due to the Rules of War, I am thinking I should take the Subduing Strike feat, so you don't take penalties to dealing subdual damage. It also allows rogue sneak attack damage to be treated as subdual as well.

I was pondering that. Sort of torn between it being the 'right' thing to do for the rules of war vs. it being largely redundant since you're pretty much never going to kill anyone anyway. Well anyone you should be outright fighting.

3 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Yeah but having a dried up elf hand around his neck? And the captain is an elf.

But I thought you are a cat. That sounds exactly like what a cat would do. 😉