[OOC] Scenario 0: Blue Training Ground

Brian Skies

This is the Blue Team's OOC thread for Scenario 0: Blue Training Ground.

The Blue Team is comprised of the following members:

• Itasca Rosecliff (Bard)
  • Sean Finn (Fighter)
  • Sabian Zexus (Paladin)
  • Teeli Th'Underfoot (Rogue)
  • Moricarn Cursewielder (Wizard)

The team will need to determine turn order. You may do so in any manner you please, but if all else fails, there is always the option to roll for it.

Hmm, so are we doing the Training Grounds again or the second one? I have an ability to move an ally meaning others would be able to participate early, but I'm generally more about the main battle than the vile champions.

But we'll have to see the field of battle and the card first to really formulate much of a strategy. I think usually we should first stabilize or gain advantage in the battle if we can, and then hopefully find windows to take out the vile champs and collect the flags.

Edited by Eldariel (see edit history)

This is the Training Grounds again. It's designed to be a tutorial scenario. You've already seen some of it play out in action, and I've left the Red and Black Training Grounds open for reference.

6 hours ago, Eldariel said:

Hmm, so are we doing the Training Grounds again or the second one? I have an ability to move an ally meaning others would be able to participate early, but I'm generally more about the main battle than the vile champions.

But we'll have to see the field of battle and the card first to really formulate much of a strategy. I think usually we should first stabilize or gain advantage in the battle if we can, and then hopefully find windows to take out the vile champs and collect the flags.

Sabian has a Lead the Charge card, which would be handy for adding tactics early

Do we have troops on the battlemap or are they all enemies...

So my character has a card to "Defeat a vile champion. Take stress equal to their difficulty." So I could move to the space to the right and take on that guy. There is also an "!" there that I can take back with me to the command tent. So correct me if I am wrong, but I can take 1 action move once to the right, use 1 action to defeat the vile champion, 1 action to collect the "!" token and then use my last action to move back to the command tent with the "!" token. Right?

2 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

And our hero is shaken?

One of your heroes begins the scenario shaken.

1 hour ago, rauhric said:

So my character has a card to "Defeat a vile champion. Take stress equal to their difficulty." So I could move to the space to the right and take on that guy. There is also an "!" there that I can take back with me to the command tent. So correct me if I am wrong, but I can take 1 action move once to the right, use 1 action to defeat the vile champion, 1 action to collect the "!" token and then use my last action to move back to the command tent with the "!" token. Right?

The "!" token automatically moves to the command tent once examined.

But yes, you could perform those four actions in one turn.

Other things to note:

• One fire token is represented by a row of 3 smaller fire tokens on the map. The actually physical fire token is a 3-token long bar that I didn't want to recreate, so I am using 3 smaller fire tokens to represent it.
  • You need to make a pregame Command Tent decision. Do you want to begin with Fight Fires or Send Reinforcements?
  • Units can take 2 hits each. The first time it is hit, it becomes shaken. The second time it is hit, its token is removed from play. A shaken unit is represented by a piece of a solid color. For example, you have one shaken unit on the left flank.

There are three lines of units for each army:

• The middle-most rows of units are the Foot Lines for each side.
  • The next middle-most rows of units are the Missile Lines for each side.
  • The outermost rows of units are the Mounted Lines for each side.

An event card will be drawn at the beginning of each turn. They include details for the battle phase so you can plan your turn accordingly.