[OOC] Scenario 0: Blue Training Ground

Brian Skies

Fire tokens take up 3 unit spaces, or half of a battle line. If a fire token were to be placed on an Alliance Line (your side's line), then the active player may choose where to place it. When the fire token is placed on units, those units are removed. Units cannot be added to a space occupied by a fire token.

When a fire token is placed on an enemy line, it is placed in such a way that the fewest units are removed.

Fire does not grow larger or spread. However, event cards may or may not generate fire tokens. I believe one of the enemy commanders adds fire tokens with their Commander Power.

Each Commander features the check needed to Refresh them. It takes the following action:
"Refresh a Shaken Commander: If you're on a tile with a shaken Alliance commander, you can Refresh that commander. The commander card's shaken side specifies an action cost to refresh the commander and an associated ability. This cost is automatically reduced by 1 if the specified ability is one of your hero's mastered abilities. You may discard any number of ability cards of the specified type to reduce the cost by that amount. The cost can't be reduced to less than 1 action."

In other words, to refresh our commander Raven Uth Vogler, a random character needs to enter her square and take 3 actions. If the character has Wis mastery, he can do it with 2 actions instead, and if he discards a Wisdom card in addition, he can do it with 1 action (minimum cost). Additionally, some heroes (e.g. Barbarians used as examples in the rules documents) have a class ability to refresh allied commander regardless of Masteries.

To reduce Stress, you must be in a square with no Dragon Army soldiers or vile champions at the end of your action phase. This lets you reduce Stress by 2 or recover up to 2 Action cards. If you have unused actions (of the normal 4) remaining from your action phase, you can use Respite again (letting you reduce additional Stress or get even more cards). Some classes also get ability to reduce allied stress.

Far as Unit stress goes, there's no general action to refresh them but the Cha-card refreshes 2 as its basic use and plenty of Class powers and some tile powers and items and events can refresh them as well.

Edited by Eldariel (see edit history)

I can put out the fires and add a tactic token to one of the lines in the right flank on my turn.

But before we start, which command tent option are we going with? I would vote for sending reinforcements.

So just to catch up:

Command Tent option "Reinforcements"

The Blue Team members and actions:

• @morgan_ Itasca Rosecliff (Bard) - "put out the fires and add a tactic token to one of the lines in the right flank on my turn"
  • Sean Finn (Fighter) - "take care of sacred grove vile champion and "!" token"
  • @DarkAngel Sabian Zexus (Paladin) - "refresh the commander" and/or "go for a vile champion too"
  • @MysteriousMiller Teeli Th'Underfoot (Rogue) -
  • @Eldariel Moricarn Cursewielder (Wizard) - "stabilize or gain advantage in the battle"
Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

MM ... Sounds good to me... maybe add a tactic token next round ?

Sabian will refresh the commander and help the Fighter take out the Vile champion...

The commander on our side can make the enemy lines Shaken I believe, so we could bypass them or destroy them (?)

5 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

MM ... Sounds good to me... maybe add a tactic token next round ?

Sabian will refresh the commander and help the Fighter take out the Vile champion...

The commander on our side can make the enemy lines Shaken I believe, so we could bypass them or destroy them (?)

Depends on which flank becomes active. Commander powers typically only activate on the side that's active, so if we get left flank active, we can rely on Darrett's power, but we'll have to face Grikan Khar's equal power and face a massive numeric advantage on the Dragon Army side.. That said, in combat, there's a concept called "attacking". For each line (mounted, missile, melee), the side with more units gets to attack; turning Dragon Army units shaken doesn't really help there. That's why I hope we get right flank instead; as long as we deal with the fire and refresh Raven Uth Vogler, we can actually win there (last time we had a really good start with Black team that had us essentially in a winning position on the right flank on turn 1). Raven's ability to add shaken troops to our lines lets us reach that numeric superiority or parity we can manipulate with Tactics tokens easily enough.

To recap, the important part is outnumbering the enemy on as many of the battle lines as possible on the active flank and until cards are drawn, we won't know which side is active (and which lines will fight; all-out battle has all 3 clashing but skirmish has only one line fighting).

5 hours ago, MysteriousMiller said:

Okay...I'm still trying to learn this, so any advice is appreciated.

It's probably best if Teeli also puts out fires. Like Itasca I could also add a tactic token if we felt that was a smart move... suggestions?

I think we'll want to blitz those Vile Champs and items if the first turns can stabilize the lines so that we aren't getting crushed (one loss condition is just having both flanks run over plus it makes moving harder as well as the other flank). Best be eclectic depending on the situation of the battle and the cards drawn for latter turns; we'll definitely need to take any opportunities we can get to snag the scenario flags as well as defeat vile champs (the game can end surprisingly quickly with unlucky fast series of Key Moments drawn so we want to be approaching our own victory conditions as quickly as we can without throwing the main battle).

To recap, in order to win all of the following need to happen:

- We must not lose (we lose if Dragon Army wins both flanks or if one of us dies).

- We must defeat all Vile Champs.

- We must Explore all 3 Scenario Flags

- We must find an equipment card and bring to tent/post.

We do not need to actually win the battle and we can afford to lose one flank but of course, if we can avoid that we should (lost flank makes the other flank rougher and moving around hard.

@Brian Skies I think we're good to start with the order you posted in the first post? It seems like most agreed on that.

36 minutes ago, Brian Skies said:

I have added a road to the map. It connects the prairie, trail, abandoned fields, and rocky path. The road is denoted by < and >. Any corner with a < or > is connected to the road.

Thanks! "Blue Training Ground"-post is still locked for us, I think though?