Character Creation - Rules and Q&A

Penchant

5 hours ago, TheRedGoat said:

I mean, if I didn't know better about my own time availability I would have applied. At least now I know that the game system exists to be read about.

Side note, whom here that applied has watched Sword art online abridged?

Aye.

Tangentially, the character image I'm using and the song playing during Lisbeth's forging minigame in episode seven come from the same game.

The PDF is still on v0.9 for Kickstarter Backers, I think. You can pre-order the finished one for $26ish but I'm not sure how to follow-up on that.

On 2/21/2024 at 5:06 PM, TheRedGoat said:

I mean, if I didn't know better about my own time availability I would have applied. At least now I know that the game system exists to be read about.

Side note, whom here that applied has watched Sword art online abridged?

Maam we would like to buy your orphanage!

Edited by rorytheromulan
caps (see edit history)

Alright, I have my list of players as below:

Cairo playing ImpBiscuit (Chib Factotum)

Inquisitor D playing Kaori (Human Murder Princess)

M3owdy playing Cleo Cleopatra (Rai Neko Murder Princess)

Azure Kestrel playing Rinah Brightsilver (Tenebrate Sneak)

rorytheromulan playing Mercurius (Chib Raider)

Trigun playing Ludwig Ven Calnus (Human Sage)

I will send out invites in a moment.

Are we also going to meet other trapped players inside the MMO, as in npcs playing avatars in the game? Will we have a way of knowing who's part of the world and who's a fellow player like us? Are the npcs controlled by a basic AI, or complex enough to qualify as digital lifeforms with agency? Are we going to have to discover some of this stuff on our own?

Your initial group are all standing in a glade together. You are all players. Other players will be marked as such, otherwise they are NPCs. The NPCs vary in their level of AI. Named NPCs will be smarter than generic ones and some of those will surprise you. But much of it will have to be discovered.