Biscuit - Chib Factotum

Cairo

NAKANO TALA

A caring homebody who occasionally treats themselves to a delicious cookie and a game of Royal Match on their phone, but has only a vague second-hand understanding of "video games" in general. Enjoys a tidy home and spends much of their day cooking and cleaning and doing laundry. Can't wait for their e-sports famous partner to come back home from a tournament trip to Europe.

One day, with their chores done and the oven most certainly not left on, felt particularly adventurous and decided to try their partner's fancy "brain tiara" to see what that was all about. Dynasty beta was done preloading and ready to launch; as good a place to start as any.

The colorful and cute title graphics seemed welcoming, and once you skipped past that terribly long wall of text and a bunch of numbers and stuff that felt like a bit too much but probably wouldn't be important, the character designer actually had all kinds of fun options to play with!

music.png.aea02535e87de5bbb580d3d6c07f822c.png BGM

portrait.png.da5acc9dabe7033f8e9cbe67c19eecdb.png

DYNASTY IDENTITY

USERNAME
[ROAR] ImpBiscuit
CALLING
Factotum
RANK (XP/UP)
1 (0/6)
SPECIES
Chib
SIZE
Small
HOMELAND
Twilight Meridian
LANGUAGES
Low Speech, Dark Tongue
HISTORY
Medicine Peddler
PURVIEWS
  • Practical herbology.
  • Treating all kinds of wounds.
  • Getting attention discreetly.
DESCRIPTION
MMO n00b. A small, elegant fish out of water. An organized early riser. Likes freshly-baked, fluffy bread. Might not admit it but gets antsy when alone. Not a fan of scary things. Alone + scared = real bad time.

APTITUDES

MIGHT
DEFT
GRIT
INSIGHT
AURA
BASE 7 SPECIES -1 TRAIT +1 BASE 9 SPECIES +1 BASE 8 BASE 9 TRAIT -1 BASE 9 TRAIT +1

Appealing outfit: +2 charm/convince, -2 intimidate

COMBAT VALUES

attack.png.27d764610767f3cf0effb7e9ee8d3513.png
ATTACK BONUS
BASE +0

WEAPON / +ATT / XDMG

Pigsticker / +0 / 20

ATT

+0

hearts.png.f28cec510d33451bce87991faba1917c.png
HEARTS TOTAL
BASE 2
hearts.png.f28cec510d33451bce87991faba1917c.pnghearts.png.f28cec510d33451bce87991faba1917c.pnghearts_empty.pnghearts_empty.pnghearts_empty.pnghearts_empty.png

BONUSES/PENALTIES

-

INJURIES

-

defense.png.327a35ff38aef5dda8c38db280678f31.png
DEFENSE RATING
BASE 10

BONUSES/PENALTIES

+1 (small species)

TOTAL: 11
speed.png.034b17a8232a2e3ed5ee5079cd47bf66.png
SPEED RATING
BASE Average

BONUSES/PENALTIES

-

MOVEMENT: 1 Area

QUIRK: DREAD ORATOR

• Advantage: Once per day you can place your hand on a corpse that’s less than a day old, and ask it two questions which it will answer truthfully.
  • Disadvantage: If you fail an Aura Check the spirit of the corpse remains with you for a week and a day. During this period, it speaks to you in your sleep and you suffer the effects of Fatigue (p269). However, the spirit may continue to impart useful information to you during its protracted stay.

GEAR & WEALTH

WORN OUTFIT
Appealing
INVENTORY SLOTS
16 (base 8 +8)
Factotum Pack (+8 Slots)
Basic Potion
Basic Potion
Mortar & Pestle

Herb Bag (max 10 herbs)
Graveolam
Graveolam
Venidull
Venidull

Pigsticker (standard sword)

STONES
COINS
GEMS
-

ALLEGIANCE

DARK POINTS

Unaligned
BRIGHT POINTS

FACTOTUM

SECOND TO NONE

• Edge (instead of Minor Bonus) on Checks or Contests covered by one of your Purviews.

FACTOTUM PACK

• A giant backpack (1 Slot). Functions like normal backpack if used by others.
  • Provides 8 extra Slots. Can hold anything that doesn't exceed available Slots, including a ‘Rider’.
  • 1 Turn to retrieve and use any item stored in the pack.
  • If lost or destroyed, replace by spending an evening modifying a regular backpack.

DON'T MIND ME

• During a Fight, your opponents will not target you for Attack in any Turn where you are not intending to perform an offensive Action, or doing something that will obviously cause them harm or spoil their plans.

CHIB

SMALL SPECIES

• Restricted: Mighty and Arc melee weapons. Heavy and Superheavy armor. Large Shields.
  • You take 6 Slots + gear when carried. You can ride larger Pets.
  • Edge on rolls involving hiding or remaining unseen.
  • You can squeeze into spaces larger species cannot.

EASILY OVERLOOKED

• A would-be observer is required to make an Insight Check to notice you, unless you are making a conscious effort to be seen.

bg_blue_gradient.png

bg_paleblue_gradient.png.81708ac44362eebe742dbb3d096ad79a.png

bg_purple_gradient.png.99a67a856a2944cadf4fb0012761cc73.png

bg_lavender_gradient.png.ca1c47567ef122f60f5fe8f9edfb60e6.png

Thank you! I wanted to bring some of the rulebook's fresh visuals into this sheet while trying to make it look acceptable on various screen sizes. This meant having to hand-write HTML and CSS in Myth-Weaver's "Source" editor, which is the only way I know how to get formatting like this. That's a huge topic to cover, though 😅

For simple sheet formatting tips, regardless of how you create it:

• Divide your post into distinct sections that cover a specific topic, with empty space between them.

• Dedicate a specific visual style - like a very large font size or a heading bar - for section headings to make it easy for the reader to find a specific section without scanning every single line of text.

• If a section contains repeating information give that information its own style and use font sizes and colors to communicate importance.
Big caveat on text colors

If you use the WYSIWYG editor's text color picker, remember that the green and red you picked to represent "good" and "bad" values might appear yellow and purple in another site theme, losing the context.

If you use the Source editor to force specific colors for your text, you might end up with for example dark text on a dark background in another theme, which is not great.

As examples of all of the above:

• Someone scanning for my character's "Insight" value would quickly see that I use horizontal bars as section headers, making "Aptitudes" easy to find.

• I then use a large, bold font for each individual Aptitude's name and value so that Insight is easy to find.

• Components of that value are presented in a much smaller font size below it, but again in a format that remains consistent for each Aptitude:
    • All of them have a "base" value, so that appears first.
    • "Species" and "trait" appear next in that order (if applicable), because that's the order they're selected in during character creation.

• Finally the modifiers from having an "appealing outfit" are listed on a line of their own both because they're not tied to a specific Aptitude and the text requires more horizontal space.

If you're comfortable writing CSS with the Source editor:

I find "float" and "clear" super handy. Use style="float:right;" (or left) on your character portrait to make it appear to the right or left of text that appears near it. You can then use style="clear:right;" (or left, matching the previous float value you used) on the next element that you don't want to appear next to the image under any circumstance.

Float and clear aren't limited to images, either. For example if you look at the "Gear & Wealth" section, I'm using "float:left;" on each of the Inventory Slot elements so that they always try to appear to the left of the next element. I then use "clear:left;" on "Stones" to make sure it doesn't appear next to the previous Inventory Slot, and "float:left;" again on "Coins" and "Gems" so that they line up with Stones.

portrait_amazed.png.d26a6ef4ce1ba4a4008e6b09dcb61e60.png

"Phew, that was a lot! I hope it was useful!"