SIDE: It's Only Brain Surgery

Sohala

[The timestamp should be post Answers]

The not too unusual sight of a courier 'bot cruising the grounds wasn't something you had to keep an eye out for, given the quick and agile frame they dodged around residents with. That is, unless you are the one receiving the delivery. Enoch found himself in such a situation, the little 'bot having doubled back after speeding by him. It presented a delivery confirmation screen to him with a beep.

CourierBot.png.6f88aae4b777195c59c583713a920361.png

@evedgebah

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

Enoch pauses, appraising the robot. He examines the screen and the package's contents carefully. Presuming he sees nothing concerning, he accepts the package and then scans the contents with his devices and then moves to a private spot to open the package and do further examination of the contents.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

The delivery comes in the form of a sleek, completely see-through plast-box, housing a lone slottable chip suspended in its center, almost like a jewel in a transparent case.

As Enoch confirms the delivery, a cheery beep signals the completion of the transaction, and the courier 'bot swiftly departs, leaving him with the package.

Upon closer inspection, Enoch notices the chip's unmistakable markings of a read-once configuration. Managing to not trigger the contents or its failsafes, he was able to discern the contents were of a self-executing nature, with an encrypted access chaser.

OOC

I left it vague before, but can I bother you for your method of accessing it? It is designed for local tech and flavor-wise I had thought about your 'deck, but you might be using 'something else'.

Attempting the read the contents triggers the executing strings. Seeking code branched in two directions: access ports and user interface. The strings sniff the various ports before latching onto one of the outbound ones. The others dove into the interface layers, searching until they found what it was looking for, then growing taut as it tied itself off.

Enoch found a new address in his listings and his avatar now had a matchbook in its pocket: Sage's Speakeasy

OOC

I didn't want to presume that you were connected to any part of the network, but plugging in would start a file transfer, in addition to what amounts to a VPN that was just installed.

The file contains incomplete technical specs, the exact details are up to wrathgon, I already gave them my intention.

The attached file has what looks like an empty cranial space like you would put on a cyborg unit but has no specs or connectors. You do see the shapes of what could be some form of wireless connections but without seeing the unit item is hard to determine what those are. Looks like someone wants you to enter Matrix to speak or work on something.

Enoch purses his lips and re-ups his internal security profiles. First, he rigs up and loads a proxy, an Agent, to test the connection. If the Agent reports things are safe, he'll plug in and investigate himself.

Using the provided address and pathing, Enoch got the impression of being stretched out, reaching to a distant point, then all at once snapped completely to that very point.

Enoch's foot landed on a single wooden floor slate, his other another as it slide into place. The rendering was slow at first, a single floor board at a time, quickly accelerating before his eyes. Half way through a classic wooden bar slid home, followed by taps, bottles, and mugs. Walls sprung up where the floor finished, and then the roof came in, lights jangling as it came to rest.

One moment the room was nearly empty, the next partially filled tables and chairs occupied it. Those there are motionless and in era dated attire. Old time music began to play. The people there all at once started to talk, eat, drink, and generally move about.

Clearing the doorway, a fuzz washed over his avatar as the internal sculpting tried to assert itself (accept- fit in, reject- clothes of chosing).

From the bar, a welcoming, "What can I get you, pal?"

OOC

The occupants register as IC instead of users or AIs. The barkeep looks to be an extension of the place.
Good grief, I couldn't figure out why this one looked off... forgot to paste without format.

Enoch chuckles. "Speakeasy hub skin, could have been worse, could have been a medieval tavern." He mutters to himself. He allows himself to be glamored to fit with a drab duster, worn boots, grey bandana, and a stetson. He saunters (because speakeasy) up to the bar and looks around. "I'm waiting for someone. Got a message to meet here. Anyone else waiting you know of?"

The barkeep flashed a winning smile, "Yer in fine company tonight, friend. Sage here's always keen on keepin' her stash of Johnsons full. Got yer ticket to the show?"

image.png.329c2e551630308bfa79045c90403ef7.png

The rendered barkeep held his smile and then flickered, freezing in place, the background music also stopped. Enoch could feel something scan him, meanwhile, the IC in the room had stopped to watch him. The sensation of being scanned faded as the music started up again. The barkeep flickered again, becoming animated once more, "Sure thing, sorry for the delay. Follow me, the private digs are just 'round the bend."

The programmed barkeep split in two, one remaining behind the bar and the other leading Enoch past a door labeled Staff Only, around a corner and another half dozen curtained doorways before stopping in front of one that looked identical to the others. "Here's yer spot. You'll find him in there." He patiently waited for Enoch to enter.

Reaching beyond the curtain, he found the levered handle to a door that opened with little effort. Crossing the threshold, he could feel himself pass through another layer of encryption. He entered into warm, ambient lighting that didn't seem to come from anywhere. The room lacked the refined details of the entryway, the grid-printed, base-code string walls were still visible. A lone figure, lacking any facial features, dressed in a crisp well tailored black suit sat in one of the two chairs set at a table, which together made up all the features of the room.

When approached/addressed the figure began to speak without a mouth, its voice heavily synthesized, "Potential asset #0000010 - Enoch. Biological, Technological, and Computerized specialties..." It droned on, listing notable scholastic ratings and other achievements relevant to the fields from his time in the SIM.

Shortly after it was becoming too much for Enoch, but before he was willing to do anything about it, one of the wall panels opened like a door and a familiar face stepped out dressed in baggy work overalls and heavily ladened tool-belts. Her mouth quirked to the side at seeing him. She looked down at something he couldn't see as she walked up behind the faceless figure. With deft hands, she opened a compartment in its head, flipped something and it ceased to talk.

She looked up at him then. "You're early." Her tone carried a slight accusation, along with curiosity, to it. There was a certain fidelity to her appearance and movements that Enoch thought he might have trouble mimicking.

OOC

I don't recall any cover name or last name...

I am assuming that they haven't met in person, yet, but the crew has some amount of intel on her for visual awareness.

If he goes 'off script', she interrupts him firmly, concentrates for a moment, then with a slightly strained voice, says they have 30 seconds.

And no, there wasn't a specific time listed.

*OOC: Encoh was present for a previous interaction with Prax, I believe their first interaction was when he tried to scan her and she hacked him. I'm assuming Prax hasn't masked her appearance compared to their first interaction.*

When the scan comes, Enoch tries to thwart it, providing bland data. He tries a scan of the area himself.

After entering as instructed, Enoch studies the area and the computer construct robots similarly scanning them. He waits patiently for the host to arrive. when she does he listens to her and then shrugs, not really understanding what is going on. "You called, I answered. Not one to...what's the term...'dilly-dally'. We met before, I believe. What is it you'd like to discuss?"