SIDE: It's Only Brain Surgery

Sohala

Enoch shakes his head. "If you have a willing donor, I can proceed, otherwise we don't have the time to create a brain, as I lack the aging tech this world has."

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

[Blank]

OOC

Well, he is intended to have access to whatever she could provide by default. It's on wrathgon for that list.

He/they are working in a simulated environment to make a proof of concept. With control of the room, he should be able to cycle through the required hardware or expand the area of the room as required.

If the point of failure is a lack of rapid aging tech, which we may or may not have access to... do we need to grow it/them from nothing to maturity? As opposed to clone tissue made whole?

The latter could be a subpar product, but it working now could broaden options.

While I am trying to help hurry this along, there are likely steps to the final success.

No RP for this one, too many unknowns.

Also, would the putrid slurry help?

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Well, to rephrase the questions I assume only you can answer:

Vat grown/clone tissue - Does it need to be aged or can it be made whole/as needed?

Simulated device access - Does it include rapid aging technology? To add to that: What, if any, timescale adjustments can she put in place?

Would samples of the putrid slurry/remains assist in his process?

depends if your grow from nothing then you have a brain at the age of same as normal brain.

They do not have rapid aging tech per say, they can hook it up to the SIM and it would increase the aging time a bit but not like going INTO SIM, if could put it inside SIM then yes the time passes faster in there than outside.

no they are just dead brains nothing special about them

Clarification requested. Cloned/printed brains would be treated as:

Identical to the original // Printed as the intended ages

New, treated as fresh/unused regardless of physical size, potentially underdeveloped

And what requirements/process are we looking at for the cloning viability, from a biological input/source perspective? Head popping? Body scan? Or would a SIM copy work?

Posted (edited)

That is the output. I was hoping for something a little cleaner, individual tissue perhaps, but she can get over it in the short term. My the aspects of a 'soul' can be debated at some point when a certain necromancer gets a whiff of what is going on.

Back to the point: input/source

You need something you are cloning, unless you built the biological entity from scratch (but then you would have to let it grow to get to the cloning point). So, are there any special requirements/steps to obtain a base template?

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

I don't know what the crew already has access to. Think they can swing a viable, local, non-meta clone template (according to Enoch's requirements) to progress the initial prototype? Or does Prax need to provide that?

I assume viability/compatibility needs to be tested for a 'standard' brain, a 'psionic' one, a 'magic' one, and a 'nanite' one (so a Prax clone)...

Good to know, now... Fairly certain I stated that last part. Was leaving it to you or evedgebah on if either of you wanted to provide details related to the project.

This would be a reason to separate vat/lab-grown and (rapid) cloning. Vat/lab-grown being, I assume, a precursor to (rapid) cloning. And I am pointing towards individual organs, not complete bodies when we are looking at the subject. Otherwise, it would just be another form of cloning.