The Purple Dolphin Inn

dalamb

image.png.0927ed9ab1849203da4e7fd79f1db0c2.pngKhan pauses and looks at Dorian deadpan.

Then with a snort he turns to take his knives from Erika, nodding his thanks. "Winning is largely a state of mind. Some might say that we are all winning as we are forging new relationships. At least for me, this is true." He throws them as nonchalantly as last time, truth was that he didn't care who won this. As the last blade sticks into the wall he wanders over, drags a stool from a nearby table and climbs up rather nimbly to retrieve them. Running his hand over the wall he feels the knife holes. He then drops to the ground to land on the balls of his feet.

Stepping back to the others he slips his knives back under his cloak and pauses reaching up to slip an empty mug into his hand. Frowning, he looks into the cup and very briefly the mug shimmers, having been cleaned out by an unseen force. He then takes a different bottle from under his cloak, this with a silver top to it, and pours himself a small portion. Tucking the bottle away, he takes a slow sip and sighs with contentment.

Looking at the others he shrugs. "There are levels of taste and I for one can't stand dirty ale."

Actions

Concentration - Swift Action

Three knife throws

Prestidigitation used to clean mug

Edited by Nameless Void (see edit history)
Name
Dagger Throw 1
1d20+12 4
Dagger Throw 2
1d20+12 14
Dagger Throw 3
1d20+12 11
Concentration Check at -2
1d20+17 13

Fenza Sendarine
spacer.png

After the interview, I head downstairs to the dining hall. "The old familiar smell!"

I stroll to the bar. "One cider, please - soft." I pay whatever is asked and turn, leaning my back against the counter to get a full view of the room. Once my mug is delivered, I raise it to the shanty-singers.

After a minute of sipping and watching, I set my mug on the counter and march to the dart throwers. "Hold on, hold on. Watch and learn, fellas." I unsheathe my dagger from my hip and raise it. I study the board, cocking my head to one side for a moment - then straighten and let fly the blade!

Name
Lore for Knowledge campaign bonus
1d20+15 6
Lore for Knowledge Devotion
1d20+15 6
Dagger thrown attack with +1 from Campaign bonus and +2 from Knowledge Devotion
1d20+12+1+2 8
Dagger damage, with +2 Campaign bonus and +2 from Knowledge Devotion
1d4+2+2+2 4

2.jpg.4719b38472b5d6adbaef7906ad61c001.jpg

Ħraan Evermeer

(The Dart Game)

Ħraan looks utterly shocked at Erika's wording, before letting out a startled laugh. "Well, goodie for me." And she sits back to scrutinise the older woman as she takes her throws. When she comes back around, leaning over Ħraan's shoulder to whisper in her ear, Ħraan leans back against her and mutters "Thirty seconds can pass quickly if you know what you're doing. Let's show them what we can do."

When Khan takes his throws, Ħraan watches his distaste for the Inn's ale with open amusement. "It is pretty foul, but I long got used to that. Don't see that the finer things are better enough to warrant it, anyhow."

Nodding at Erika as a signal, she steps forward... only to instead let the newest woman take a shot. Helps to pad out her teammate's duration, anyway. When the woman's dagger sinks into the wall up to the hilt with a heavy thud, she lets out a wince and casts Erika another look. "Hope your repairin' is up to that; don't think the captain'd appreciate a bill at this stage."

Picking up the daggers, she performs a short stretching routine, flexing her neck and her shoulders as she mutters a prayer to herself in Aquan, entreating the fluidity of the deep to infuse her as she casts Cat's Grace on herself. Then, with a narrowed gaze she focuses on the target and picks up the first dagger.

Name
Throw 1
1d20+15 1
Throw 2
1d20+15 12
Throw 3
1d20+15 19

spacer.png

Quotara

Trying not to put too much notice to herself, Quotara joins the downstairs crowd. It seems there was a game of throwing in progress. The slim woman takes her drink and finds a table but sits up on top of it. Mostly she does this to be able to see and be seen better through the press of bodies, but also so she can change from her professional outfit into a simple tube top and skirt with the magic of her clothing then letting her legs merge into her tail to relax, and a tiny bit to help herself be noticed. Her eyes quickly scan the room as she sips, eyes lingering on each of he more colorful people to consider which might be approachable or too interesting to not.

Actions

Actions here

Dorian5.jpg.2e9ac2426229babe0668710a7bb9411b.jpg

Dorian Hawkwind

"Good throws again, ladies! It looks like we're in danger of being soundly put in our place, Khan!" ☺️

"Let's see..." he quickly tots up the scores "...Erika got 11 points, Khan got 9, then Hraaan scored a mighty 17... so I need 20 to win... a tall order indeed!" 🤨

He gathers his daggers from Hraan and gives everyone another cheeky grin before taking aim and throwing...

...and he scores two bullseyes and a 6... 26 in all.

"That's better!" he says. "Looks like the next round is on you ladies." 😀

Edited by Lord Foul (see edit history)
Name
Throw one
1d20+20 14
Throw two
1d20+20 11
Throw three
1d20+20 6

Gatto Von Mëoita

image.png.b69b154ee4d1a8fb1cbe819cf83193ce.png.e897b965c14aa0bf0215d2288200dacf.pngGatto Von Mëoita HP: 144/144 Saves: Fort 12, Ref 10, Will 11 AC: 25, 22(touch), 21 (flat-footed), Init: +4
Speed: 40'|Climb 30'|Swim 30' Skills: Bal 17, Climb 21, Hide 28, Jump 22, MS 36, Spot 33, Tumble 24, Swim: 19

Gatto had been watching the dart game enthusiastically from the ceiling. Sitting upside down facing the players throwing darts, the urge to snatch them welled up deep inside. His paws kept clawing at the wooden support beam, until he could stand it no longer.
Suddenly a black cat leapt down onto the table where the players were standing around, sitting himself on the edge and shifted from the tiny cat into a full grown cat man. As he made himself more presentable, Gatto said, "Meowi couldn't help but enjoy you all playing games with the darts." As the catman smiles as he begins to purr with excitement.

"You don't mind if I can play too, yess?" he asks. As he sits there waiting for a response from the strangers, his tail whips about knocking someone's drink onto the floor. Turning to stare at it, his tail continues to twitch about and he smirks, "Ooops?"

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

Dorian Hawkwind

Dorian jumps in surprise as the cat makes its appearance and begins talking.

"Wha... well, more and more wonders appear by the moment," he says giving the newcomers a beaming smile. "A talking cat, and another lovely lady to join our little game. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. You're both welcome to join in." ☺️

"We'll need to sort out the teams. We're level at one game each. We can keep it to boys versus girls if everyone is happy with that. You are a tomcat, I take it?" he asks the catperson, not being entirely sure but guessing from the cat's attire as much as anything.

"And you, lady with the beautiful red hair, please introduce yourself. Here we have Erika and Hraaan, and my mighty dragon steed is known as Khan." 😁

While introductions are being made and they decide who's going to throw first for the next round, Dorian's eye is drawn to a vision of loveliness sitting draped across a nearby table. He blinks a few times, not quite able to believe his eyes. A mermaid...? Here, in the middle of the inn? He looks around, at the talking cat and the small dragon, and sniffs his tankard suspiciously. 🤨

"Ah, well, whatever they put in the drinks here it has a most intriguing effect upon the senses. You lot get started. I'll be back in a moment. Don't be alarmed unless I set off a siren!" 😀 and he makes his way over to the mermaid's table, where he gives a low sweeping bow.

"Good evening, my lady, I'm Dorian... Dorian Hawkwind. I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance. You are... a mermaid perchance?" ☺️

The Dart Game

Erika sighed softly as her team lost. “I suppose fair is fair, I shall buy this round of drinks.”  She said as she made her way over to the bar. Raising a hand to get the bartender’s attention, she smiled. “A bottle of good wine, if you please. And three glasses, and one glass of water.” She said as she placed 11 gold pieces on the bar, and waited for her order to be filled. Examining the glasses that were provided, she quickly traced a small rune to make sure that they were perfectly clean and then moved her attention to the glass of water. Humming to herself, she changed the color of the clear liquid to a more ale-like amber color and altered the taste to be more like the pears of her homeland.

She tucked the bottle in the crook of her arm and lifted the four glasses gracefully as she made her way back to where the dart game was. Finding a convenient table she placed the three empty glasses and the bottle of wine on the hard wooden surface. “I hope you do not mind something finer, as apparently the ale is not to most people’s liking.” Erika said with a smile as she lifted her glass of ‘ale’. “Though I hope you do not mind me passing on the wine, I have much simpler tastes. Oh!” She looked up, a little startled by the appearance of the giant cat and the knocked over glass. My, what a crowd the captain has drawn.

“Forgiveness, I only brought three glasses.” Erika offered an apology to both the newest thrower and the large feline. She devoted a little bit of her attention to use her prestidigitation to clean up the mess. “But I suppose I should fix up the wall again before we do more damage than I can easily repair.” She made her way over to the dartboard and put a hand through it to feel the deep gouges in the wood, wincing at the collective damage that the group had inflicted. I suppose it is good that I am here, otherwise we would be spending real gold to replace the planks.

Erika closed her eyes as she focused on the damage, and drew more deeply on her powers than she had previously. Letting the power shape the words in her mouth, she found the deepest crack left by the newcomer and said a few words of power as she willed the wall to repair itself to a pristine condition. Letting out a breath, a smile returned to Erika’s face. “Good as new.” She said as her fingers traced over the unmarred wood. Turning her attention to the giant feline and red headed thrower. “I am Erika, might I ask your names?”

Repair moderate DamageActionsPrestidigitation (clean glasses and mess, color and flavor water).
Repair Moderate Damage (level 2 sorcerer spell) repair 2d8+8 damage to the wall

Name
Repair moderate Damage
2d8+8 3,1

spacer.png

Quotara

With a flick of her tail she gives a level look to Dorian as he speaks, trying her best to not give away if she is annoyed or amused. She only holds the straight face for a few more moments before smiling and flicking her tail again. "And just what gave it away? I have been trying so hard to hide it." Taking a drink from he ale she sits up fully. "My name is Quotara and it is a pleasure to met you. Are you here for the interviews as well?"

Actions

Actions here

Gatto Von Mëoita

image.png.b69b154ee4d1a8fb1cbe819cf83193ce.png.e897b965c14aa0bf0215d2288200dacf.pngGatto Von Mëoita HP: 144/144 Saves: Fort 12, Ref 10, Will 11 AC: 24, 21(touch), 20 (flat-footed), Init: +4
Speed: 40'|Climb 30'|Swim 30' Skills: Bal 17, Climb 21, Hide 28, Jump 22, MS 36, Spot 33, Tumble 24, Swim: 19

Gatto stood up from his seating position and waves a hand wide, then bowed before the others, "Meowie can call me Gatto Von Mëoita, or Gatto, or that damn cat shoo!" he says, "Mostly Gatto." he reiterates. As he walks the circle of the table, it teeters, but manages to stay up straight, even though he is now walking horizontally around the outer lip. "I'm the master'ss cat, what can I say!" he cheerfully says, "I am applying to be the ships Ssteward, becausse you know! Gatto's job is to keep the ship free of pessts and keep a tidy catss rest."

He finally is back onto the table in a vertical state and picks up a dart. "Meaowi's a peleaassure to meat you all!" Throwing the first darts the wall, then the collar around his neck glows and the other two darts fly at the wall one after another. "Meowo. .I don't know the rules to this." he says, hopefully aiming at the right spots. "If I win, I want some fresh miilk." says Gatto.

Name
Dart 1
1d20+13 12
Dart 2
1d20+13 11
Dart 3
1d20+13 1

Dorian Hawkwind

(Quotara)

Dorian laughs at her jest and replies to her question: "I most certainly am, Quotara. I've served at sea for many years aboard smaller vessels, but I feel it is time I moved up to a bigger league. I crave a life of adventure on the ocean wave, and The Swift Vengeance seems like just the place to find it." 😊

"But what about you? A mermaid... I can hardly believe it. What brings you to seek a place on board a ship, instead of just roaming the seas as you please? Why would you want to be so... I don't know... confined?"

"Forgive my prying, my lady. My curiosity gets the better of me sometimes, but I'll bet there's a fascinating story behind your appearance here today." ☺️

spacer.png

Quotara

With a graceful twist making the motion look easy she turns and spins from sitting on the table to at one of its seats, her tail flexing to push out another to offer it to Dorian. "Ah, for what I seek that is in the name. Swift Vengeance. Such a craft seems he best way to return even the smallest fraction of pain Iverina has inflicted on us. As for being confined... would you rather travel over a great desert alone as you please or slower with others for comfort and safety? As for the story... grew up on a ship, lived on one my whole life, did a tour in the navy, now I'm here." She is downplaying her own story out of modesty, there might be more she isn't sharing just yet.

Actions

Actions here

Dorian Hawkwind

Dorian's face turns uncharacteristically serious as Quotara speaks. "Ah, you must have been grievously wronged if it is vengeance that has brought you here. You have my sympathy for your pain and loss, my lady. I'll not press you for further painful details... but know that I am happy to listen any time you want a friend to confide in."

"In truth it hadn't occurred to me that an aquatic creature would enjoy life aboard a ship, but the way you describe it makes perfect sense. Strength in numbers, the friendship and companionship of crewmates, and of course the ship does most of the work crossing vast distances." 🙂

He looks up at the cheers coming from the dagger throwers, wondering who has just scored well... or poorly!

"Forgive me again, Quotara. I find myself engaged in a most fascinating contest of arms, and I fear I have been away too long already. I really must return and see how my illustrious teammates are doing against our fearsome opponents... a trio of lovely ladies with quite alarming skill at knife-throwing. You must come over and meet them. I think you'll find them as interesting as they will find you." 😀

Assuming she is willing... and able... (he will watch to see how she manages it 😉) ...he leads her back to the darts match to introduce her and see how badly his team is being thrashed.

Fenza
spacer.png

I open my mouth to answer the blondie in blue, only to have him walk after the mermaid.

I turn to Erika. "Firenzabella Sendarine - going by Fenza. Pleased to meet you." I nod to her.

"Thank you for mending the board. It's a fine talent you have to be able to do that. Did you happen to study at a magic school?"

spacer.png

A tiny Elven-looking woman with gossamer wings peeks from behind my shoulder, under my now-tousled hair.

"And this here is Zette. She has a strong admiration for anybody with a talent such as yours."

"Hello," Zette ventures.

Edited by Sundust (see edit history)

Gatto Von Mëoita

image.png.b69b154ee4d1a8fb1cbe819cf83193ce.png.e897b965c14aa0bf0215d2288200dacf.pngGatto Von Mëoita HP: 144/144 Saves: Fort 12, Ref 10, Will 11 AC: 24, 21(touch), 20 (flat-footed), Init: +4

Gatto's eyes light up at the sudden appearance of a tiny elven-looking woman with shiny wings, he crouches down on all fours and his butt begins to wag, as if he's ready to pounce at any moment. Suddenly realization sets in, Master would be unhappy if he tried to play with small things he should not. The urge finally passes and he sits properly on the lip of the table.

"Meowlo Zette!" he says as his eyes shine with fascination, "Shiiiny!" he unfortunately did not remember anyone else's introduction through the distraction of the dart game and the shiny tiny elf woman. Digging into his pouch, he pulls out a ball that is silver and jingles, he hops down and offers it up to Zette, "You want shiny gift?" he asks, his pawed hand wide open with with the ball resting at it's center.

image.png.f3439e3444ce0e56a0bed66aba4631d4.png

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)