Chapter 2: Trollskull Alley

Kamishiro_Rin

spacer.pngAmberlyn Hillheart

Halfling Folk Hero Celestial Warlock

AC: 15 (Studded Leather Armor+3 Dex) | HP: 24/24 (2d8+6+4) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 19 (+4)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Halfling

Spell Slots: 2/2 | Healing Light: 3/3d6 |

Brave | Nimble | Children of the Woods | Timberwalk | Eldritch Invocations

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions . . .

Downtime

As the two men agree and disagree, Amberlyn finds herself disappointed, but understanding. She supposes if it was so simple, then they'd already be working hand in hand. Unlike the gangs, at least these two faction men aren't killing each other.

"I see. Well, it's kind of a shame, but guess I can't argue with that. Um... Aaron is it? I think, maybe I aught to talk to your people. I kinda stumbled onto something, and guess it's divine. Think maybe you and yours can help me understand it a bit better." She offers an apologetic smile to Reinsmith. "Protecting the home's a really good thing to, just... don't think my powers came from mortal communities, you know?"

She steps up to Aaron producing a sacred flame in her hand. It's a weak flame, but it burns with an angelic, shimmering gold.

Badmaw

Amberlyn is a bit surprised by the call for secrecy, but then again, she realizes that she didn't want people to know about her powers, and by and large people saw it as a good thing. In Badmaw's case... "Oh, well sure. I mean, I just figured the pale scale, the biting, and I dunno... just the way you yelled at the stirges about your blood felt kind of... you know... territorial? But yeah, lips are sealed. Gossip gets you company, it doesn't make you friends."

She makes a mental note to just refer to Badmaw and any of his quirks as a Lizardfolk thing. "I guess the powers are all right. Scary. Really, completely scary, but... I suppose it was nice being able to do more than run away into a corner. Can't say I liked the fighting as much as helping a few people in trouble. That part..." she smirks a bit, "...maybe if I do end up Mayor can have my cake and eat it. Help without the danger. But for now, I guess a little more work couldn't hurt... um... well, it can hurt, but hopefully not."

OOC

Movement: —

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —

Badmawtoken.png.c4c31d05f498be49107c459d304e1f27.png

Badmaw
Dhampir Lizardfolk Athlete Beast Barbarian

AC: 18 (Unarmoured Defense, Shield) | HP: 29/29 | Speed: 35 ft. climb, swim
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Danger Sense, Passive Perception 12, Insight 10, Investigation 10
Str: 11 (+0) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Draconic, and Halfling

“My words,” Badmaw spits out in a raspy voice | ‘My thoughts,’ Badmaw thinks to himself | My actions . . .

Badmaw listened to the dwarf's schpiel. The lizardman smiled and had to hold back a chuckle when Reinmith got to the part about barbarians and criminals, amused at the irony of who the dwarf was now asking to put a stop to said horde. His smile, however, fades when the lack of pay is mentioned.

"Look man-" The reptile starts, shaking his head side to side. "If I wanted to just work for just loot, I could take a walk around the alleys or sewers and kick in some doors marked with the gang signs those goofy buggers like so much. I don't need an alliance for that" Badmaw shrugs. "And, I got a lot of work here starting up my tavern." He looks around his new place with pride. "If I'm gonna be taking time away from my business, I'm gonna need at least a little tit for tat." His grin returns. "It doesn't have to be coin. Maybe use those lordly connections of yours to promote this place, drive some business our way. Or perhaps get those dungsweepers to waive their guild fees for us."

Badmaw nods, and scratches his chin in contemplation. "And come to think of it, if I'm gonna be acting like a guard, I think it'd be a good idea to get a writ, saying I'm working for the open lord." Badmaw chuckles. "Last thing I need is a proper guard showing up after I've kicked gangster ass, and then throwing me in jail."
OOC

Posted (edited)
Date

On This 16 Tarsahk
in the Year 1492 DR,
the Year of Three Ships Sailing

The 16th Day of the Campaign18:00

IC

"I see. Well, it's kind of a shame, but guess I can't argue with that. Um... Aaron is it? I think, maybe I aught to talk to your people. I kinda stumbled onto something, and guess it's divine. Think maybe you and yours can help me understand it a bit better." She offers an apologetic smile to Reinsmith. "Protecting the home's a really good thing to, just... don't think my powers came from mortal communities, you know?"

“Aye, lass,” Reinsmith acknowledges, “Tha’s fine. ’Tis a shame ye won’t be joinin’ our ranks, but you’ll be in good hands with the Gauntlet!” All of a sudden, now that who you’ll be joining is decided, they seem like they’ve been friends all this time.

“Divine?!” Aaron marvels. “Little wonder you’ve proven yourself an attractive asset to both our organizations! Not to mention I’ve heard tell that another one, Force Grey, will likely be contacting you lot, soon, too! Either way, you’ll need to come by the temple and get sworn in. I believe your friend, Pen has already been sworn in and he can give you the details of your first mission.”

Reinsmith turns to Badmaw and says, “All very good points. We protect the cities and their people from threats, foreign and domestic, but we’re not prepared to become one to a guild of dung-sweepers by forcing them to lower their profits to bolster yours. Now, if they offer you a nicer rate, then far be it of me to stop them. However!” he says, before Badmaw can raise a fuss, “Promoting your new establishment is well within our ability. And given who we ultimately work for, you can imagine that we could have a very wealthy clientele clamoring to give you their custom.”
   “As for a writ,” he continues, “Those will be provided per job, and will apply specifically to that job. Head over to the Yawning Portal before you and your group go on your first mission, and Jalester Silvermane’ll have your writ ready for you.”

“You prove yourself in your jobs, gain some renown, and those writs will get a lot broader in their scope and purpose, if you catch my drift. You’re certainly coveted, but let’s be honest with ourselves, you’re still just starting out as a cloak—a Warduke or Lioncrown you’re not! . . . Not yet, at least. I don’t see your progression up the ranks taking all that long if what you’ve achieved so far is any indication of what you’ve yet to achieve.”

Portraits & Statblocks

OOC

—

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Date

On This 13 Tarsahk
in the Year 1492 DR,
the Year of Three Ships Sailing

The 13th Day of the Campaign20:00

A Night at the Opera

IC

Rurik and Pen head to the Opera. Just as Pen is about to head over to the tavern on account of feeling underdressed, a snooty theater attendant approaches the pair.

“Excuse me,” he greets the pair. “A ‘Lord M.’ has asked that I provide Mr. Rurik, here, or any of his companions that have come along with him a proper overcoat—he suspected that . . .” here he took a look down his pointy snoot at Pen, “one or more of you would be ill capable of affording proper attire. Come hither, young man,” he beckons Pen. “We shall happily—and quickly—attire you in the way befitting one who has earned the countenance of Lord M. Chawp chawp, my good fellow, chawp chawp.”

He leads Pen to a separate room where he is very deftly provided a fancy set of clothes fit for an opera attendee. “Lord M. has said that you may keep it. It is, as the tavern keepers might say, ‘on the house’, so to speak.”

The opera itself is quite exciting and well executed. The story engaging with not just daring-do of the heroes that recently defeated Tiamat a few years ago, but with the intrigue and subterfuge they had to do to accomplish their ultimate goal. Perhaps the most unexpected part was the rather ecclectic nature of the heroes: a drow carpenter-cum-champion fighter; the haughty white-haired genius daughter of Waterdeep’s very own Rosznar family (no one expected any good to come of her, yet she veritably redeemed the family’s evil reputation); a wandering hill dwarf; a masked paladin of Tyr; a chosen of the Morning Lord from Waterdeep; and, a little green goblin girl with orange hair and a penchant for painting—also, it seems, from Waterdeep. The last one, they say, is everywhere and nowhere—she could be the halfling or gnome sitting next to you watching this very opera!

Eventually, you make your way up to the booth, and a very rotund man with a bushy mustache greets you happily. “Mirt,” he says simply, offering his hand to Rurik and Pen, “And you must be Rurik! And you’re Pen, are you not?” He’s right on the money. Odd how he gets his information! “I’m glad to have you here, Rurik. If you want to join those that harp, I’ll need you to send me a paper bird with your chosen code-name, and how you’d like your emblem of membership to be displayed. Remember—it needs to be displayable, but probably shouldn’t be so overt as to advertise your affiliation, if you catch my drift. Why, that goblin girl they were singing about just a few minutes ago, her staff had her symbol carved into it with a malachite inlay. Unless you were analyzing it, most would just see a neat, green filigree on an already-ornate wooden staff—in fact, that was her code-name: Malachite! She hasn’t gone by that name in a few years, so it’s no problem telling you that.”

Mirt explains a little bit about the Harpers to you:

The Harpers is a scattered network of spellcasters and spies who advocate equality and covertly oppose the abuse of power. The organization is benevolent, knowledgeable, and secretive. Bards and wizards of good alignments are commonly drawn to the Harpers.

Goals

• Gather information throughout Faerûn.
  • Promote fairness and equality by covert means.
  • Thwart tyrants and leaders, governments, and organizations that grow too powerful.
  • Aid the weak, poor and oppressed.

Beliefs

• One can never have too much information or arcane knowledge.
  • Too much power leads to corruption. The abuse of magic must be closely monitored.
  • No one should be powerless.

Member Traits

Harper agents are trained to act alone and rely on their own resources. When they get into scrapes, they don’t count on their fellow Harpers to rescue them. Nevertheless, Harpers are dedicated to helping one another in times of need, and friendships between Harpers are nigh unbreakable. Masterful spies and infiltrators, they use various guises and secret identities to form relationships, cultivate their information networks, and manipulate others into doing what needs to be done. Although most Harpers prefer to operate in the shadows, there are exceptions.

Ranks

• Watcher (rank 1)
  • Harpshadow (rank 2)
  • Brightcandle (rank 3)
  • Wise Owl (rank 4)
  • High Harper (rank 5)

“Anyway, I’ll send you a paper bird with your first mission and your new emblem,” he finishes. “Welcome, and good to have you aboard, Watcher Rurik.”

With that, he bids you ado.

After Rurik sends Mirt the requested information, he gets his emblem and his first mission attached to a paper bird from Mirt the very next day:

“One of the drays working in the city is pulled by a talking mare named Maxeene. Locate her, find out if she’s learned the identity of any Zhent operatives, and if so, determine their whereabouts.”

Portraits & Statblocks

Mirt.png.48aae352cb58b723550fdd2ccbc4cdb5.png
Mirt

DC 10 Intelligence (History) check (or a passive History Score of 10)Once known as Mirt the Merciless and the Old Wolf, Mirt made a fortune and carved out a reputation as an adventurer and philanderer. DC 15 Intelligence (History) check, or a passive History Score of 15Today, an older and wiser Mirt serves as one of the Masked Lords, a Harper, and a close advisor to Laeral Silverhand. The years have not worn him down, and though he has grown soft in the flesh, he remains deceptively strong, vigorous, and clear of mind. DC 15 Intelligence (History) check, or a passive History Score of 15Mirt has survived the passing of centuries by means of magic, and of all the Masked Lords, he is the least concerned with concealing his identity.

DC 20 Intelligence (Investigation) checkDespite his prodigious girth, Mirt can move with good speed when he must, and he hasn’t let his adventuring skills wither. His wife, Asper, passed away several years ago, and his rambling mansion has seen better days. Mirt spends his days embroiled in politics and whiles away his nights in drink and debauchery.

OOC

—

spacer.png

Rurik Eversharp
Gold (Hill) Dwarf Sage Knowledge Cleric of Dugmaren Brightmantle

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, Shield) | HP: 19/19 (2d8+4+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., stonecunning, passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 13
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 08 (-1)
Languages: You know Common, Dwarvish, Gnomish, Undercommon, Primordial, Deep Speech

Spell Slots: 1st - 3/3 | Channel Divinity: 1/1 |

My words,” Rurik says carefully | My thoughts, Rurik thinks to himself | My actions . . .

Amberlyn

"It does sound like some celestial being has taken an interest in you," Rurik replies after hearing Amberlyn's story. "And said being isn't giving you direct guidance - just nudging you in how to use your abilities. It would make you a bit like a clergywoman in ability, if not in position..."

Here, Rurik will continue to share with Amberlyn what he does know about possible origins for her abilities, as well as what she can expect from them based on his own experience with his divine magic.

A Night At The Opera (Badmaw and Pen)

"You, Badmaw, are just full of surprises," Rurik says to the snappily dressed lizardman. Exaggerated as his attire is, it somehow does fit him. "My apologies. Saer Fancymaw."

Pen's plainer attire is much less suited for a night at the opera, and the cleric is starting to dither over how to persuade them to let him in - or to persuade "Saer Fancymaw" from going all Badmaw on the doorman. The theater attendant's timely arrival thankfully forestalls this from happening, and the half-elf is soon furnished with a fine set of garments more suited for the evening's entertainment.

Intermission

The paper bird's message had told Rurik whom to expect when he climbed up to the booth, but it was still a shock to come face to face with the (in)famous Mirt the Moneylender. Before he can react, the Masked Lord has engulfed Rurik's hand in a handshake - one that the cleric notes is very firm and fast for a human of his (apparent) age and girth. A part of him starts thinking back to what he'd read in a certain Guide about Mirt delving into the Yawning Portal - wouldn't that make Mirt older than the age most dwarves would live to naturally?

"Ah, i-it's a pleasure to meet you, Lord Mirt." Rurik manages to rally, letting go of the Lord's hand (hopefully) before it became impolite. "Rurik Eversharp, devotee of Dugmaren Brightmantle, the Wandering Tinkerer."

The cleric hears out Mirt's explanation of the organization he is being invited to join. While he has some doubts about his own ability at secrecy, Rurik realizes that being connected a network of knowledgeable individuals would help in locating his master's whereabouts in Waterdeep in the short run, and would be of great use in his future studies in the long term.

And Mirt's explanation of how the emblems work reassures Rurik that he might be able to hide in plain sight, so to speak.

An agreement made, the cleric shakes the Harper's hand again (this time of his own volition), before returning to his seat for the second half of the show.

After The Opera

"The tickets were from Saer Neverember," Rurik replies modestly to Badmaw as they file out of the Theater. "But thank you all the same. I do think they were going for a dramatized version of the battle at the Well of Dragons, in order to make the story flow better. A strict historical retelling might not appeal to the audience, after all..."

Later in the night, after changing out of his fine attire, Rurik sits at the desk in his room and scans through what he's written on a piece of parchment that had once came from a box in a certain warehouse in Candle Lane.

Paper Bird

"The tunnels of Eartheart are my home, and the miners must be alert for dangers that may be. Little birds and other creatures are used to warn of deadly gases that no eyes can see.

Let the birdcage be my sigil, and let the Canary be my name.

- R."

More poetic than normal - the Fall of Tiamat must have influenced his writing. Now if only he could speak this smoothly all the time...

Sighing, Rurik folds up the parchment into its intended shape, before sending it on its way...

OOC

Item Interaction: —

Edited by Doggie_arf (see edit history)
Name
Investigating Mirt
1d20+3 20

Posted (edited)

Skulking Scarecrows

(Emerald Enclave)

IC

It takes you 6 days of heading out to the fields around Undercliff and waiting in boredom before this scarecrow appears! However, it doesn’t really match the description you’d heard. They’d said a scarecrow with a pumpkin head was terrorizing them, not one with a head of threadbare blanket stuffed with hay . . . In fact . . . it doesn’t match the number you’d heard!

Not one but three scarecrows are terrorizing Undercliff. One wears a sackcloth hood, another has a rotting pumpkin head, and the third is covered with a threadbare blanket.

Unfortunately, because you all either too loud—maybe the boredom of staking out the place leads you to get too lax and start having conversations—whatever the cause, your party is spotted. The scarecrows are not surprised and know you’re there.

You are 30 feet away from them. They’re aggressive and attack!

Average Party Initiative 8.6 vs Average Scarecrow Initiative 7.3: The party wins it!

Round 1

Do your thing!

Portraits & Statblocks

ScarecrowScarecrow

Medium Construct, Chaotic Evil
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 36 (8d8)

Scarecrow Name HP Max HP % Left
Scarecrow 1 (Sackcloth) 36 36 100%
Scarecrow 2 (Pumpkin Head) 36 36 100%
Scarecrow 3 (Threadbear blanket) 36 36 100%

Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
11 (+0) 13 (+1) 11 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 13 (+1)

Damage Vulnerabilities fire
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands the languages of its creator but can’t speak
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

False Appearance. While the scarecrow remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary, inanimate scarecrow.

Actions

Multiattack. The scarecrow makes two claw attacks.

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (2d4 + 1) slashing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of the scarecrow’s next turn.

Terrifying Glare. The scarecrow targets one creature it can see within 30 feet of it. If the target can see the scarecrow, the target must succeed on a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw or be magically frightened until the end of the scarecrow’s next turn. The frightened target is paralyzed.

Environment: Grassland

Source: MM, page 268. Also found in CoS; WDH; CM; KftGV.

OOC

Ignore all those extra dice I rolled. The module has a 10% chance of encountering even one of them and I had a thing where you’d fight the last of them but kept having all these reports come in despite thinking you’d killed them, so out you trudge to do it again. I thought better of it and just decided to have you all fight all three of them—though I kept the 10% chance of encountering them, and it took 6 days.

Name
Day 1 of camping out
1d100 86
Day 2 of camping out
1d100 44
Day 3 of camping out:1d100
1d100 21
Day 4 of camping out:1d100:1d100
1d100 26
Day 5 of camping out
1d100 94
Day 6 of camping out
1d100 3
roll
1d6 5
Days 7-12
repeat(1d10,6) 10,7,7,10,6,9
Days 13-18
repeat(1d10,6) 4,9,5,5,6,1
Days 19-30
repeat(1d10,12) 9,10,7,2,10,8,7,6,7,6,7,6
Days 31-42
repeat(1d10,12) 2,8,5,9,9,2,2,1,9,7,4,6
Amberlyn Stealth:1d20+3
1d20+3 4
Badmaw Stealth:1d20+5
1d20+5 10
Rurik Stealth (w/ Disadvantage, scale mail):1d20+2
keep(2d20,lowest,1)+2 5,18
Ouránia Stealth (w/ Disadvantage, scale mail):1d20+5
keep(2d20,lowest,1)+5 3,12
Pen Stealth (w/ Disadvantage, splint):1d20-1
keep(1d20,lowest,1)-1 18
Amberlyn Initiative
1d20+3 3
Badmaw Initiative
1d20+3 11
Ouránia Initiative
1d20+3 4
Pen Initiative
1d20-1 9
Rurik Initiative
1d20+2 6
Scarecrow Initiatives
repeat(1d20+1,3) 12,1,6

Posted (edited)

A Horse is a Horse of Course, of Course . . .

(Harpers)

IC

This mission does not require anyone but Rurik to fulfill it, however others might want to come along, especially if their associated NPC is mentioned below . . .

You all can find Maxeene, the talking draft horse, with a successful DC 13 Intelligence (Investigation) check. You may make the check as many times as needed, but each check represents a day of searching for her. Maxeene speaks Common, and Rurik must try to convince her that he’s a Harper by making a DC 13 Charisma (Persuasion) check.

If the check succeeds . . .   . . . the horse recalls giving a ride to a sun elf and his half-orc bodyguard two days ago; she picked them up at an intersection (she doesn’t recall which one) and dropped them off at the Yawning Portal. They talked about hiring spies to root out Xanathar Guild hideouts in the city. Maxeene’s descriptions of the passengers match the appearances of Davil Starsong and Yagra Stonefist.

If the check fails. . .   . . .she won’t believe you and will tell you to go find a “real Harper” to give you a password she knows. You’ll have to get in contact with Mirt, somehow, and get him to give you such a password. You remember that Mirt also told you that if they ever need to speak with him directly, you are welcome to visit his manor in the Sea Ward.

If you do visit Mirt’s manor, there’s a 90 percent chance that Mirt isn’t home and no one answers the door. Roll a d10. If you roll a 1–9, he isn’t home.

Portraits & Statblocks

Maxeene has all the characteristics of a normal draft horse, but her Intelligence score is 10 (+0), for the purposes of any saves or checks involving Intelligence, or spells that might require a beast have an Intelligence score above or below a certain number, such as the animal friendship spell, whose spell description states, “If the beast’s Intelligence is 4 or higher, the spell fails.”.

OOC

—

Posted (edited)

Dirty Work

(Lords’ Alliance)

IC

Each morning, the characters meet with a team of four dungsweepers (commoners) and head to the Trades Ward, where the sweepers spend the day cleaning up waste in the streets. It’s boring work. On the ninth day, around highsun, a carrion crawler emerges from a nearby sewer drain! It’s 30 feet away and coming right at you!

Average Party Initiative 11.6 vs Carrion Crawler Initiative 16: The Carrion Crawler wins it! Oh no!

Round 1

The Carrion Crawler moves 30 feet to Badmaw, who looks succulent and nicely un-armored! It’s tentacles grab at Badmaw, pulling him in towards its toothy maw, dealing 6 poison damage. So potent is the poison that Badmaw is poisoned for one minute and paralyzed! The monster then tries to bite him, but despite Badmaw’s paralysis, it is unable to do so, its teeth getting stuck on Badmaw’s scaly skin!

Portraits & Statblocks

Carrion CrawlerCarrion Crawler

Large Monstrosity, Unaligned
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 51/51 (6d10 + 18) - 100%
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
14 (+2) 13 (+1) 16 (+3) 1 (-5) 12 (+1) 5 (-3)

Skills Perception +3
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13
Languages
Challenge 2 (450 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Keen Smell. The carrion crawler has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Spider Climb. The carrion crawler can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.

Actions

Multiattack. The carrion crawler makes two attacks: one with its tentacles and one with its bite.

Tentacles. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one creature. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) poison damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) piercing damage.

Environment: Underdark

Source: MM, page 37. Also found in TftYP; ToA; WDH; WDMM; DIP; BGDIA; IDRotF; BMT

OOC

—

Name
Amberlyn Initiative
1d20+3 17
Badmaw Initiative
1d20+3 3
Ouránia Initiative
1d20+3 7
Pen Initiative
1d20-1 15
Rurik Initiative
1d20+2 6
Carrion Crawler Initiative
1d20+1 15
Carrion Crawler Tentacle Attack vs Badmaw (AC 18); poison damage; Crit poison damage if applicable
27; 6; 1
1d20+8;1d4+2;1d4 [19]; [19,4]; [19,4,1]
Badmaw DC 13 Constitution Saving Throw
1d20+3 5
Carrion Crawler Bite Attack vs Badmaw (AC 18 w/ Advantage); poison damage; Crit poison damage if applicable:1d20+8;1d4+2;1d4
15; 7; 7
keep(2d20,highest,2)+4;2d4+2;2d4 [2,9]; [2,9,1,4]; [2,9,1,4,3,4]

Posted (edited)

Knocking Heads Together

(Order of the Guantlet)

IC

The characters must visit the Field Ward and, as a fight threatens to break out. Each of you will need to make a Charisma (Intimidation) check, and three successful DC 12 checks will put an end to the fight before it starts. Failing that, you will have to defeat four of the 16 thugs (preferably without killing them) to disperse the would-be brawlers once the fight breaks out. Warning: any one of the 16 thugs can randomly attack you, but I will only list the 4 you need to defeat.

Portraits & Statblocks

ThugThug

Medium Humanoid (Any Race), Any Non-Good Alignment
Armor Class 11 (leather armor)
Hit Points 32 (5d8 + 10)

Name HP Max HP % Left
Thug1 32 32 100%
Thug2 32 32 100%
Thug3 32 32 100%
Thug4 32 32 100%

Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
15 (+2) 11 (+0) 14 (+2) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 11 (+0)

Skills Intimidation +2
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages any one language (usually Common)
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Pack Tactics. The thug has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the thug’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.

Actions

Multiattack. The thug makes two melee attacks.

Mace. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) bludgeoning damage.

Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d10) piercing damage.

Environment: Urban

Source: MM, page 350. Also found in PotA; SKT; ToA; WDH; WDMM; GoS; DIP; SLW; BGDIA; EGW; MOT; IDRotF; TCE; CM; CoS; CRCotN; JttRC; LoX; KftGV; ToFW; BMT; GHLoE; DoDk. Available in the SRD.

OOC

I have not rolled initiative for you because a fight has not necessarily started. Post how you intimidate them!

Badmawtoken.png.c4c31d05f498be49107c459d304e1f27.png

Badmaw
Dhampir Lizardfolk Athlete Beast Barbarian

AC: 18 (Unarmoured Defense, Shield) | HP: 29/29 | Speed: 35 ft. climb, swim
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Danger Sense, Passive Perception 12, Insight 10, Investigation 10
Str: 11 (+0) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Draconic, and Halfling

“My words,” Badmaw spits out in a raspy voice | ‘My thoughts,’ Badmaw thinks to himself | My actions . . .

SCARECROWS

"WHO'S THE ASSHAT THAT MADE THREE!?" The lizardman asks incredulously while throwing a net at the first scarecrow the group spotted. The net goes wide, and lands ineffectually on the ground behind the magical construct.

HORSE

Badmaw's investigation consists of him walking up to the horses in their stalls one by one, poking them, and asking "Hey, can you talk?" with an amused smile. When one horse finally answers him, his eyes go wide. "OH, Shoot! Mirt wasn't lying, there's a talking horse here!" He says, shocked.

DIRTY WORK

Badmaw was frustrated during his first meeting with the dungsweepers. He had hoped that whatever was attacking them would have been something he could track down easily, like gangsters. However, the only information the group had was it was some foul smelling sewer worm that had attacked them. The reptile took a brief look around the sewer entrances, but found no trail. 'They should just set these tunnels on fire.' He thought to himself. 'There's no end to the monsters in there.' And so with a resigned sigh, Badmaw settled in for 10 mornings of watching people sweep up excrement.

It wasn't all bad, though. From the second day onward, Badmaw had brought various snacks, and a deck of cards for the group to entertain themselves while they sat in Badmaw's cart. The mornings were now the designated picnic time while the dungsweepers toiled.

The entertainment, unfortunately, led Badmaw to let his guard down enough for the crawler to hit him before he could interpose his shield between himself and the tentacles. "GHHHK!" He yelps out as he collapses from the paralytic. "Se'er bastard.. got ne again..." He struggles to vocalize through clenched teeth as he writhes on the ground.

KNOCKING HEADS

"HEY!" Badmaw growls out toward what seems to be the leader of one of the groups, while pulling out his sword. "This is our street! So piss off, before I kick your balls to wherever your hair went, you bald prick!" The lizardman says, tense and ready to strike.
OOC

Movement: Scarecrows: Moving to Sackcloth

Action: Scarecrows: Throwing net at Sackcloth, Dirty work: Con save (Forgot to add proficiency, but passed anyway)

Bonus Action: Scarecrows: Entering rage

Dirty work health 23/29

Edited by Kazic5000 (see edit history)
Name
Scarecrows: Net attack against Sackcloth
1d20+5 6
Horse: Badmaw Investigation
1d20 17
Dirty work: Badmaw constitution vs. paralytic.
1d20+3 13
Knocking Heads: Intimidation
1d20 13

Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 19 (+4)

Brave | Nimble | Children of the Woods | Timberwalk | Eldritch Invocations

Downtime

Rurik

Amberlyn takes it all in. What she lacks in immediate cleverness, she makes up for in effort. When she doesn't understand a word or phrase, she admits it and asks for a clarification. When she thinks she gets it, she says it back in her own way to double check. In some ways it makes her a great student, not the kind who'd get top marks, but the one who starts in the class behind and ends up a little bit ahead.

There's still far more she doesn't know than does, but with Rurik's help it's a start. She's certainly still troubled by her powers, but just a little bit less afraid.

Work

Skulking Scarecrows

Amberlyn feels a bit more at home while looking at the farms. Admittedly, she spends more time trying to look at what these farmers are doing, to pick up tips and tricks to bring back home. It's a bit of a mercenary attitude, that though she's not in direct competition with any of the people here, she is certainly looking for an edge in how to grow better crops, raise better animals.

When they finally come across the scarecrows after near a week, her eyes go wide. Oh, she'd certainly been told a tall tale or three about scarecrows coming to life, a typical bedtime horror story for an agricultural community really. She lets forth a brilliant, shimmering blast at the first one, with the sack cloth head. Of the three, it looks the scariest to her. There's a noticeably bigger 'oomph' to it than before and it knocks the Scarecrow back a good ten feet.

A Horse is a Horse of Course, of Course...

Amberlyn has so many questions for a talking horse, but accepts that this horse probably can't speak for all horses, and realizes this is Rurik's mission, not hers. "Well, I'll take a few steps back since I'm not a Harper. Something about them reaching out to the cleverest people... don't know what means, grumble grumble. Guess they mean it's to be as smart as you, Rurik!"

Amberlyn does as she claims, giving some space, and hopefully her own words lending itself to Rurik's trustworthiness.

Dirty Work

Amberlyn is... bored for this work. At first she takes in the sights and sounds, but it's less than an hour on the first day, let alone by the ninth. Still, she's used to bored and she starts naming inanimate objects and making stories filled with love and betrayal among the cobblestones.

"Crap!" Amberlyn lets loose an eldritch blast, but in the panic of the moment she shoots it up where it fizzles into nothing in the sky, little more than a small firework. She calls forth the light, a bit more practiced now, and Badmaw feels most of the damage and pain subside.

She backs up a bit for good measure. "Uh... you got this, buddy! Round 2, you're good!"

Knocking Heads Together

Amberlyn steps from behind Badmaw when he yells at the thugs, ready to start a fight. "Our street. Your street. Everyone's street." Her arms are folding as she's radiating 'big sister' energy with a look of stern disappointment. "Honestly, what good are you accomplishing getting into a scuffle like this? Heck, what bad are you even doing? Hm? You going to impress your girlfriends and boyfriends with a broken nose and cut lip? Going to win a pot of gold? Aught to maybe share a drink and make some friends, be a better way to spend a day."

OOC Summary

Skulking Scarcrows - 6 damage to Scarecrow 1, knock it back 10 feet

A Horse... - Use Help Action to give Rurik advantage

Dirty Work- Misses Carrion Crawler, backing up 10', healing Badmaw for 5 damage 2/3 Healing Light charges left

Knocking Heads - Passes Intimidation with a 25!

OOC

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)
Name
Eldritch Blast Scarecrow1
1d20+6 18
Force Damage Scarecrow 1
1d10+4 2
Eldritch Blast Carrion Crawler
1d20+6 4
Healing Light Badmaw (CC Fight)
1d6 5
Big Intimidation on Thugs!
1d20+6 19

ai.generated_art.photo-art-1692675118413.png3.jpg.2bc211a132d4e5c51e24ee6465f4184c.jpgPen Calder

HALF-ELF Inheritor Battle Master Fighter

AC: 17 (Splint) | HP: 26/26 (1d10+3+2) | Speed: 30 ft. Prof Bonus: +2
Senses: Darkvision 60ft; passive Perception 13, Insight 11, Investigation 11
Str: 19 (+4) | Dex: 15 (+2) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 13 (+1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 13 (+1)
Languages: Speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, Sylvan, and Halfling

“My words,” Pen says. | ‘My thoughts,’ Pen thinks. | My actions . . .

Sulking Scarecrows

Rani's mission for the Enclave had the gang patrolling the farmland on the outskirts of town looking for some kind of demon possessed scarecrow. As the nights went by, Pen started looking forward to the nightly walks in the farmland. It was very different from Daggerford, but the relative quiet and fresh farmland air still stirred within him both a nostalgic comfort and a homesickness. He could often be spotted filling the time with old exercise routines, twirling his glaive around him up and down the planted rows of crops, or one might catch a glimpse of him fishing a small glass bottle nearly completely filled with a large fluffy white feather in it out from some hidden pocket, staring at it for a moment, and tucking it back in its hiding place.
His nostalgic reverie was suddenly and rudely broken on the sixth day when not one but three evil-looking scarecrow monstrosities came charging at them from across a field. As Badmaw and Amberlyn launch attacks at one, he takes a vicious twirling slash at another as soon as it enters his range, but the inorganic, constructed nature of the creature seemed to be less vulnerable to such a physical attack as a creature of flesh and blood would have been. Suddenly Pen felt very much like a one-trick pony.

A Horse of Course

Searching for a talking horse was good fun for Pen. Talking animals were not anything new to him. When he spent time with his mother's kin in the Misty Forest, communing with the plants and animals around them was a necessary daily function of life for the elves. But the ingenious thought of having a horse pulling a cart be your spy, and then Badmaw's antics tracking it down, were constant sources of amusement. He was more than happy to follow Rurik's lead, sit back and observe the comedy unfold.

Dirty Work

Pen had enjoyed following the dungsweepers around every morning almost as much as he had the nightly patrols in the fields. Playing cards with the gang and 'Maw's endless supply of (usually) delicious original bites to eat were endless sources of entertainment, not to mention that the fun had done tremendous amounts for cementing the real growing bonds of friendship among the group. Unfortunately, the revelry had perhaps allowed them to let their guard down, and they had completely missed the giant worm monster coming at them from the sewers. Badmaw got hit and went straight down, and Pen started having flashbacks from their trouble with the scarecrows only a few nights prior. Fortunately, there only seemed to be one enemy this time, and an enemy of flesh and blood at that, so Pen let loose with a flurry of slashing attacks, finding some relief that the creature at least seemed to be just as vulnerable to a blade as any other animal or man, even if it was a true horror to look at.

Knocking Heads

When Pen first arrived at the Halls of Justice, he was awestruck by the grandeur of the building. It was a grand cathedral, bigger than anything he could have possibly imagined before coming to Waterdeep. That human hands had built such a place seemed impossible. Inside, a small number of new recruits gather, each taking their turn to swear their oaths. With that finished, Pen finally gets properly introduced to Savra Belabranta. Pen had of course heard the name Belabranta before, they were heavily involved with the Griffon Cavalry. Perhaps he had stumbled on a way to get his dream back on track? First things first, he would of course have to prove his worth. "It is an honor to meet you, Lady Belabranta," was as much fanboying as he allowed himself.

In the Field Ward, it wasn't hard to find the gangs squaring off with each other, although Pen hadn't expected for there to be quite so many of them. Both Badmaw and Amberlyn, despite her... unorthodox approach, appeared to have rattled the thugs' nerves, so Pen was eager to join in, perhaps a bit too eager. He brandished his glaive with a flourish--it was an impressive spin and twirl he had done a thousand times--only he failed to account for the cramped quarters of the slums. One end of his twirling glaive bounced off a guy rope for canopy with a twang, sending his glaive in an awkward direction. He recovered without causing any physical damage to himself or his companions, but his face flushed as his attempt at intimidating the gangs backfired. "That's what you get for showing off," his mother's words rang in his head.

OOC

Edited by zaffo (see edit history)
Name
Glaive Attack Threadbare Scarecrow
1d20+6 7
Glaive Damage
1d10+4 8
Glaive Attack Carrion Crawler
1d20+6 19
Glaive Damage CC
1d10+4 4
Intimidating Thugs
1d20+1 10

Rani.pngOuránia 'Rani' Airgetlám

High Elf Noble Fey Wanderer Ranger

AC: 16 (scale mail) | HP: 18/18 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 14, Insight 12, Investigation 10
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 11 (+0) | Wis: 15 (+2) | Cha: 13 (+1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, Infernal and Drow

“My words,” Rani says. | ‘My thoughts,’ Rani thinks. | My actions . . .

AMBERLYN

Rani accepts the hug with a laugh, patting the other woman on the shoulder.

"Right then, if that's settled, let's head out, hmm? We can talk about colors you'd prefer on the way. I will advise, of course, to consider the type of fabric as well, and the likelihood of the weather we'll be facing in coming days. Considering the seasons won't be changing any time soon, it might be best to leave the consideration of more or less insulation against cold for another time. We'll definitely need to make sure we get something that won't get too waterlogged though. Given our recent adventures, something easy to clean would be good too."

Of course, these are all things she's only learned since leaving home, and are considerations she hadn't thought of herself, but had to have impressed upon her by others. Still, she's also happy to be able to help someone else, especially given that Amberlyn hadn't really had to consider proper armor before coming to the city.

"Shall we eat while we're out too? I've been wanting to try some of the restaurants nearby and..." Her tone turns a bit contrite, "well, I was hoping I'd run into someone to make good on a prior arrangement, but..."

She trails off, leading the way out of the manor with a little laugh at herself over it. What a silly thing to be embarrassed about.

PEN

It takes Rani a bit of time to figure out what she wants to say and how she wants to say it as they spar. Granted, she's prone to blurting things out more often than not, because too much considering makes her feel like one of her parents. It feels a bit deceitful, now and then, to have to think so hard about what she wants to say. But in the interests of not saying something unwieldy or causing dissent among their number, she figures she should be a little less thoughtless in her efforts.

"I'm not entirely sure," she begins, "what's happened before you came here. I do recall you bawling your sorrows to Amberlyn at the tavern before, but I was admittedly... preoccupied at the time, and didn't really catch most of it." Not that she could have otherwise, her hearing was good, but not good enough to compete with that much ambient noise, especially with the conversations that had been happening around her. "But you shouldn't let whatever misfortune that was color your efforts for the rest of your days."

It's obvious how hard he's trying of course, and it's not as though the others don't appreciate the effort either. Of all of them, he, Maw and Amberlyn are the best at physical endeavors, and while Rani has her own athleticism, none of it is the sort that's useful with dragging around furniture or rebuilding facilities.

"Whatever you planned to do before didn't work out, and that's fine, isn't it? All things considered, you could have done worse than to have ended up with a manor and a tavern out of the deal, even if it is shared with the rest of us." Her makeshift weapon snaps as she blocks a strike, but Rani simply adjusts her hold on the separate halves and repositions. "Stop thinking so hard about proving you can do more. Isn't doing what you can enough?"

RURIK

"What a pity he doesn't have exclusive say as to what I do then, isn't it?" Rani's smile is pleasant, but a bit too full of teeth. If there's one thing she truly loathes, it's someone else trying to make decisions on her behalf. "I'll see about clearing out what's unsalvageable and perhaps trying to find replacements. Who knows, if we build up a decent enough collection, we may be able to charge a lending fee if there's anything worthwhile." After all, in a manor like this, there had to be something worth advertising to more magically-inclined types. Or at the very least, enthusiasts of history and knowledge as a whole.

Her expression sours slightly at the mention of the creatures from the sewer, and she places a hand on her hip, the other coming to her chin in thought.

"Well... it's nothing entirely concrete, you see. I've only ever heard of them before. The ambulatory brain is called an Intellect Devourer, and they usually work at the behest of those tentacled creatures- Mindflayers, they're called. As their names suggest, their tactics generally involve disrupting the mental faculties of their targets. I've never experienced it, but I've heard it can be quite harrowing. And very dangerous. We should... probably consider looking into them more, just in case."

BADMAW

"Feels a bit unethical, don't you think?" Of course, maybe that's just Rani's own sense of right and wrong- she knows full well that 'business' can entail a lot of unscrupulous things if one wants success. Even so... "There's got to be a way to get their fingers out of our metaphorical pies. Especially since they weren't keen on caring about the place until they suddenly had someone to take money from for just being here." And really, that's what rankles her the most, if she's honest. If it really was about the 'upkeep' of the place, then why had it been allowed to fall into such disrepair for so long?

It bears looking into in her opinion, if nothing else. After all, they need to make money properly, don't they? Being forced to hand over so much of what they might make just to keep the ball rolling feels like a scam. One she's certain she's seen enough of her parents' business acumen to deal with.

Reaching out for the bowl, Rani stirs her spoon into it thoughtfully, tapping her nails against her utensils.

"As for that unpleasant man, it might be too obvious if we break in and steal all his things. I'd say the better idea is to have him followed and see what other 'unpleasantness' he gets up to. If he really wants to try and threaten us, then it's only fair that we take steps to ensure our own safety, don't you think?" Pausing to take a large spoonful of the jambalaya, Rani brightens, her eyes glimmering.

"Oh, this is fantastic. The spices aren't like anything I've tried before, and I've tried a fair few. What's in this, 'Maw?"

THE ENCLAVE

Rani takes her talk with Lady Phaulkon quite seriously, deciding that even if she doesn't stay in Waterdeep, the decentralized nature of the organization suits her needs quite well. And upon hearing the goals of the enclave, she feels as though it's a wise opportunity to bring up her group's recent encounter.

Rani clutches the charm she's been given, and clears her throat.

"I'll ask my companions about taking on that scarecrow as soon as we're able, madame. However, I feel it's in the interests of the Enclave to know that I've recently run across the presence of both an intellect devourer and a mindflayer in the sewers of the city. While I'm not certain of the extent of their presence, or just how much they've done in recent times... it's better to say something than allow Waterdeep to be caught unawares of a possible incursion, yes?"

Work

Scarecrows

Rani, despite herself, finds herself fascinated by the expanse of open land they're meant to be looking for the scarecrows in. It's a wonder they haven't been spotted more easily so far, but she supposes if it were so simple, people wouldn't be having such a difficult time. Still, by the time they eventually catch wind of the things-or rather, they catch wind of the group- she's not nearly so enamored by the mostly featureless landscape of farmland.

While Pen's attack might not do as much harm as he'd hoped, it still provides a good enough distraction for Rani's arrow to strike the Scarecrow and hard.

"Pen!" She calls, making a motion with her next arrow as she grabs it. "Stab, don't cut!"

Dirty Work

The work for the Lord's Alliance, on the other hand, doesn't fill Rani with anything but a sense of distaste. While she finds herself with new respect for the people who do the work day in and day out, she's beginning to worry that continuing this work will leave her clothing smelling foul simply by proximity. And that's not even getting started on her hair. She's grateful that it's at the very least uneventful... until it suddenly isn't, and she thinks she should learn not to jinx things, even inadvertently.

When the carrion crawler heads for Badmaw, the thought 'oh no' crosses her mind immediately and- as if on cue- the thing digs into the lizardfolk and seems to paralyze him. When she pulls out her bow to shoot, however, the creature's writhing body makes it go wide, nearly hitting Badmaw instead.

Knocking Heads

Rani watches the rest of the group with some degree of interest as they take to 'handling' the situation in their own ways. Amberlyn's disapproval in particular gives her a bit of a chuckle, though she winces as Pen's glaive goes a bit awry. That said, she doesn't think she can particularly add much to the situation, and so settles for pulling one of her curved shortswords out of its sheath, idly curving it around her wrist and forearm before taking careful hold of it and... using it to pick under her nails, glaring at the wood debris stuck beneath them furiously.

The combined effect makes her look somewhat murderous, which she doesn't at all notice as she continues trying to pry a would-be splinter from beneath her nail.

OOC

OOC

Attack Scarecrow 1
Damage SC1
Mark Bonus
Attack Carrion Crawler
Damage CC
Mark Bonus
Intimidating Thugs

Edited by astronavigatrix (see edit history)
Name
Attack Scarecrow 1
1d20+5 17
Damage SC1
1d8+3 5
Mark Bonus
1d4 1
Attack Carrion Crawler
1d20+5 3
Damage CC
1d8+3 7
Mark Bonus
1d4 4
Intimidating Thugs
1d20+1 17

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Skulking Scarecrows

(Emerald Enclave)

IC

Round 1 (Concluded)

Badmaw tries to net a scarecrow, but it doesn’t work.

Amberlyn blasts Scarecrow 1, the Sackcloth scarecrow, for 6 force damage!

Pen slashes Scarecrow 3 for what should have been 12 slashing damage, but to his horror, it appears that it only does half of what he was sure it did!!

Ouránia fires an arrow into the sackcloth scarecrow only to watch the expected effect of the damage she did seem only to be halved!

Rurik does . . .

The sackcloth scarecrow (#1) runs up to Badmaw and tries to paralyze him with its Terrifying Gaze! Badmaw just barely gulps but braves through the magic!

The pumpkin-head scarecrow (#2) attempts to do the same to Pen, but Pen, too, shakes off the effect!

The threadbare scarecrow (#3) tries to Terrify Ouránia, but she magnificently laughs it off like it were nothing!

Round 2

Do your thing!

Portraits & Statblocks

ScarecrowScarecrow

Medium Construct, Chaotic Evil
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 36 (8d8)

Scarecrow Name HP Max HP % Left
Scarecrow 1 (Sackcloth) 26 36 72%
Scarecrow 2 (Pumpkin Head) 36 36 100%
Scarecrow 3 (Threadbear blanket) 30 36 83%

Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
11 (+0) 13 (+1) 11 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 13 (+1)

Damage Vulnerabilities fire
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands the languages of its creator but can’t speak
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

False Appearance. While the scarecrow remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary, inanimate scarecrow.

Actions

Multiattack. The scarecrow makes two claw attacks.

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (2d4 + 1) slashing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of the scarecrow’s next turn.

Terrifying Glare. The scarecrow targets one creature it can see within 30 feet of it. If the target can see the scarecrow, the target must succeed on a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw or be magically frightened until the end of the scarecrow’s next turn. The frightened target is paralyzed.

Environment: Grassland

Source: MM, page 268. Also found in CoS; WDH; CM; KftGV.

OOC

The rolls below say #1 tries to terrify Ouránia, but that was a typo. It’s #3.

I’m going to concentrate on just this fight, and when it’s finished, we’ll move on to the carrion crawler.

image.png.8bd09391c94aeb1b3357d6f335f1e909.png

Please indicate the coordinate where you move. Pathways are unnecessary, but if you need them, that’s fine. I only need your final position.

Name
Scarecrow 1 Terrifying Gaze at Badmaw (DC 11 Wisdom SV)
1d20+0 12
Scarecrow 2 Terrifying Gaze at Pen (DC 11 Wisdom SV)
1d20+1 14
Scarecrow 1 Terrifying Gaze at Ouránia (DC 11 Wisdom SV)
1d20+2 17

Brave | LuckyWhen you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die. You must use the new result, even if it is a 1. | Nimble | Children of the Woods | Timberwalk | Eldritch Invocations

Downtime

Rani

As Rani describes a 'prior engagement' Amberlyn isn't quite certain, but feels there might be something to that story. By her town's standards, she's not much of a gossip, but that's a very high bar raised. "Oh? Now that sounds interesting doesn't it?" She won't force the matter, but her curiosity is there. "Food, clothes, that thing I've heard called a massage? I'll take all of it. May as well make the most of the city, right? And maybe, just maybe you can tell me about engagements with people we want to have an engagement with? You know, not how to get out of engagements with people we're just not interested in?"

It's her way of asking for dating advice, in particular how to even start.

Work

Skulking Scarecrows

Amberlyn looks around trying to figure out which scarecrow to blast. It feels as if the one fight Badmaw is a little more torn up, and if they can just bring it down to two, then Badmaw and Pen can hopefully hold them at bay leaving the rest of them free.

From their time in the sewers, she's picked up at least that much for their tactics. Badmaw and Pen fight up close, the rest of them don't. The shot finds it's mark, radiant light smacking the sack cloth scarecrow right in the sack cloth.

OOC

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)
Name
Downtime Insight - Rani
1d20+1 12
Eldritch Blast Scarecrow 1
1d20+6 18
Force Damage
1d10+4 6