Posting

ToDream

5 hours ago, wwaugh said:

It's that good?

Yes, it's that good. This is easily the best Final Fantasy game in decades. They wanted to make a game worthy of Square's legacy, so they pulled it off. I'm halfway through the game, and it's blown me away. There's so much content in this game. It makes Remake look like a tech demo, and is reminiscent of KH1 to KH2 in how much they refined the combat. I've shed tears a few times, I've laughed out loud, and I've been grinning ear to ear with each encounter. This is probably going to get game of the year if there's not another surprise upset like Baldur's Gate 3.

1 minute ago, Ultima said:

Yes, it's that good. This is easily the best Final Fantasy game in decades. They wanted to make a game worthy of Square's legacy, so they pulled it off. I'm halfway through the game, and it's blown me away. There's so much content in this game. It makes Remake look like a tech demo, and is reminiscent of KH1 to KH2 in how much they refined the combat. I've shed tears a few times, I've laughed out loud, and I've been grinning ear to ear with each encounter. This is probably going to get game of the year if there's not another surprise upset like Baldur's Gate 3.

Definitely going to have to look into that one, then.

On 3/8/2024 at 1:48 PM, ice9004 said:

hey everyone Im just waiting for ultima before i post. game is still alive.

Apologies, posting now.

13 hours ago, rorytheromulan said:

Oh, apparently characters can attack per action at a penalty to each subsequent attack even at level 1. I'm going to remember that going forward. (it's -5, -10)

Yeah, I'm still getting used to PF2E quirks. I'm used to playing PF1E and D&D 3.5.

On 3/16/2024 at 3:21 PM, Sundust said:

Yeah, I'm still getting used to PF2E quirks. I'm used to playing PF1E and D&D 3.5.

Same. The way actions in combat are handled here kind of threw me at first, and I'm still not quite used to it.

It's the monster's turn next, right? I feel like Mihaly's about to have a rough time of it. :orcgrin:

Oh hey, one question: are we allowed to speak off-turn? Mihaly's seen his cold iron dagger burn the monster with just a light touch; I think he'd want to communicate that to the party.

13 hours ago, wwaugh said:

Same. The way actions in combat are handled here kind of threw me at first, and I'm still not quite used to it.

It's the monster's turn next, right? I feel like Mihaly's about to have a rough time of it. :orcgrin:

Oh hey, one question: are we allowed to speak off-turn? Mihaly's seen his cold iron dagger burn the monster with just a light touch; I think he'd want to communicate that to the party.

yea you guys can talk out of turn.