Posting

ToDream

Lessons for the future, right?

Oh, hey: how much would we know about each others' powers by this point? Would Mihaly know that Priela is a dhampir? (And would he know by this point that that's a sore spot for her?)

She wouldn't keep her nature a secret from him, especially as it relates to what might happen if she got seriously wounded and he tried to "help" with conventional healing. And it's not unreasonable to assume he would have been around to see her sometimes grit her teeth in the presence of blood. (oh, but her own blood - meh)

Newer company... I liked Atma's reaction before, and I'm tempted to say that their kind would have a sense for each other, but Mandy would certainly need to know before she makes the same mistake as above. So it would be better for them to be in on the secret earlier same as with Mihaly.

Atma and Mandy are in the spotlight, so we *could* say that their actions in the public eye have reached our spheres. An test demonstration for miracle tech, also gone horribly wrong, is something I expect we've all heard about. I think the true enigma in the group is Lastolva.

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)

Mihaly would probably admit to being part vampire as soon as Priela did. Especially if it looked like she was having a hard time admitting it.

@rorytheromulan Ability checks aren't a thing in this system. You could roll any skill you would like, even something weird like heraldry lore. Note, the stranger the skill for a situation, the harder the DC will be for the roll. But I do run the Rule of Cool so keep an open mind.

You can make another roll if you'd like.

Edited by ice9004 (see edit history)

Uh-huh. No reason we can't just add ability checks though, right? I thought I would have to because I have no training in the skill I want hoped to use. But seeing as how Mihaly hit 20 with his roll, I won't bother this time.

35 minutes ago, wwaugh said:

It was a twenty counting modifiers, not a Nat 20. Is that still a success?

PF2 has Secret checks. This means I will give you information but you, as a player, won't know if it is true or false. (Except in obvious cases, Crits of either kind)

16 minutes ago, ice9004 said:

PF2 has Secret checks. This means I will give you information but you, as a player, won't know if it is true or false. (Except in obvious cases, Crits of either kind)

That's reasonable. Thanks for the heads up.

On 3/27/2024 at 3:06 AM, wwaugh said:

Lessons for the future, right?

Oh, hey: how much would we know about each others' powers by this point? Would Mihaly know that Priela is a dhampir? (And would he know by this point that that's a sore spot for her?)

You all know Mandy. She's famous. ;)

I should clarify that Priela is implying she has a lack of experience with hunting demons. The Templars liked the look of her for hunting vampires and witches, and to better deal with them in tandem with Mihaly she also branched her studies into lichdom. Which could raise a few eyebrows.