The Agreement

Penchant

This is primarily a role playing game. It's not a combat game, though there certainly is combat. It will require you to engage with each other, with the NPCs and with the setting. There will be periods where it's just you guys talking. You need to be having fun and participating in this sort of game. It cannot be just you and the DM having separate conversations.

Further, this is a new system that I am not yet an adept on, much less being an expert. We will discover this together. I fully welcome discussion about how things work and how we need to proceed.

So, if that's good with you and you still want to play... please sign to that effect below.

I enjoy games like this, I am signed on.

I'm familiar with games where battles/dungeons are thematically appropriate though not necessarily planned in advance, and while combat is always an option, clever interactions or teamwork are rewarded and encouraged. In one game our DM expected us to leave when a city came under siege, but we made the IC decision to stay to break the siege and we planned the battle together. It was wild and not without casualties but it felt right.

I’m fine with that. The fun of playing games like this is the player/character interactions between each other, unorthodox solutions to problems and puzzles, character development and just plain having fun.

So I’m also for it.

This agreement looks good to me. I've only very lightly scraped the surface of the game's mechanics so I expect to learn things as I go, too. It's a good match for my character who's also a fish out of water, and the kind of game setup we have here. I don't yet know exactly how I'll play Tala, but if it turns out I take a tropy route that comes across as annoying in the long run I welcome (polite) recommendations to tone it down.

I'm signed on.

• 4 weeks later...