Special NPCs

LDDragon

A list of special NPCs who will be treated as having the same dying rules that player characters have ie not automatically dying at zero hit points, have dying 1 instead, can be healed etc.

I would prefer not to make the decision as to who counts as special for each npc that comes up so anyone may add any NPC to this thread as long as it is done so before they hit zero hp and before I announce the death of the npc. Any npc on this list is permanently treated as a special npc for both groups. You may add npcs upon meeting them, hearing about them, interacting with them, etc.

Knocked Out and Dying - Rules - Archives of Nethys: Pathfinder 2nd Edition Database (aonprd.com)

Rules

Creatures cannot be reduced to fewer than 0 Hit Points. When most creatures reach 0 Hit Points, they die and are removed from play unless the attack was nonlethal, in which case they are instead knocked out for a significant amount of time (usually 1 minute or more). When undead and construct creatures reach 0 Hit Points, they are destroyed.

Player characters, their companions, and other significant characters and creatures don’t automatically die when they reach 0 Hit Points. Instead, they are knocked out and are at risk of death. At the GM’s discretion, villains, powerful monsters, special NPCs, and enemies with special abilities that are likely to bring them back to the fight (like ferocity, regeneration, or healing magic) can use these rules as well.

As a player character, when you are reduced to 0 Hit Points, you’re knocked out with the following effects:

• You immediately move your initiative position to directly before the turn in which you were reduced to 0 HP.
  • You gain the dying 1 condition. If the effect that knocked you out was a critical success from the attacker or the result of your critical failure, you gain the dying 2 condition instead. If you have the wounded condition, increase your dying value by an amount equal to your wounded value. If the damage was dealt by a nonlethal attack or nonlethal effect, you don’t gain the dying condition; you are instead unconscious with 0 Hit Points.

Uh, I'll nominate Chezire.

And Takulu & Niana Ot of course. I mean, they are basically Mac's foster parents right now.

I'm sure we can add Anchor Root too?

Esi is pretty cool too.

Lumusi is the kitchen chief. So we can't have her die obviously.

Xhokan runs the Powder Pile, so we need him around too, definitely.

Strands-of-Glowing-Dawn Tzeniwe and her little ones obviously. Wouldn't want to orphan them, now would you.

Ignaci sells alchemical items 'under the table', so he's too useful to lose.

Noxolo and Mariama are cool too, let's put them on the list too please?

Mac plays 'Hunt-the-Prey' in the tunnels with Rosimiffenbip, Cadoras and Quentillius, so can we add them too plaese?