Questions for the Keeper

I've minimal experience with playing call of Cthulhu but I follow several actual play podcasts and I'd love to try it myself.

Would it be alright if characters are related to the late professor Gellman? Also what was his academic background.

I have a couple of concepts I'd be interested in depending on the answers.

No problem having a new player on board, it's an easy system to catch on to.

Due to some scenario specifics, players cannot be related to Professor Gellman but can have a close connection as close family friend, work associate, etc. His academic background is centered around history, archaeology and anthropology.

Might get a sheet together for this, I'm not super knowledgeable in the system, but I should be able to pick it up rather quickly.

Would you be okay with an ex-student from the university? I'm thinking he graduated there and ended up becoming friends with prof. Gellman after working with him on a paper during his master's degree, but for some reason that i still don't know he dropped chemistry and is now a street magician that uses chemistry and physics in his tricks.

Let me know if this would fit the campaign, and if so I'll throw together an application.

17 minutes ago, RenanWild said:

Might get a sheet together for this, I'm not super knowledgeable in the system, but I should be able to pick it up rather quickly.

Would you be okay with an ex-student from the university? I'm thinking he graduated there and ended up becoming friends with prof. Gellman after working with him on a paper during his master's degree, but for some reason that i still don't know he dropped chemistry and is now a street magician that uses chemistry and physics in his tricks.

Let me know if this would fit the campaign, and if so I'll throw together an application.

Inexperience in system is not an issue. Easy to pick up and I can assist as needed. An ex-student that worked with Professor Gellman would work fine. Street magician could work, depending on the direction you take it. If meant to be a performer using what he learned to 'make magic' or a con-man type using those same things to bilk folks out of coin I think could be interesting. I tend not to let players get heavy into the true magic of COC though, tends to unbalance things.

oh nothing as true magic at all! He is not too much of a con man, he is a street performer who ocasionally steals from the more rich that watch his shows, but he is not like a full on thief. I'll def work on the character then!

Hey there, I'm not too familiar with the system myself but it does seem really interesting. Do you think a mathematician / physicist would fit well into this setting, I'm imagining someone who wants to push the realm of understanding the universe via numbers, but having it all deteriorate as they pull back more and more layers revealing a universe nothing like the facade that he and his ilk were playing in.

Actually, where would we roll to get the stats for the characters before determining occupation?

Edited by Delorphin (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Delorphin said:

Hey there, I'm not too familiar with the system myself but it does seem really interesting. Do you think a mathematician / physicist would fit well into this setting, I'm imagining someone who wants to push the realm of understanding the universe via numbers, but having it all deteriorate as they pull back more and more layers revealing a universe nothing like the facade that he and his ilk were playing in.

Actually, where would we roll to get the stats for the characters before determining occupation?

Since it seems like a lot of interest from folks new to the system I will post a character creation page to provide guidance. Will have a spot for stat rolls there. Look for it later today.

Cool. I've rolled up a historian focused on the settlement of Colonial and Antebellum New York, who is also an avid birdwatcher.

He rides a bicycle and is trying to get more outdoor exercise for his health.

Edmund still needs a lot of work, but I have the basic stats and skills done and a physical description.

Edited by TheOldTraveller (see edit history)