Muad'Dib

stonedzep

Hi everyone, after the due returning characters applications, if there's any spot available I'd like to apply for.

Rolling tonight (gmt+1) for abilities and standing by till DM's instructions /decision

roll

Name
roll
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 4,4,5,1,4,2,3,1,5,2,3,4,3,6,1,1,5,2,4,5,6,5,2,1
Hit Points
1d6 3
second roll for hit points
1d6 3
starting money
2d6*10 5,1

Posted (edited)

If, and only if, a thief would be an acceptable class I'd like to go for an unusual Baklunish thief;

Muad'Dib is a nomad with strong religious beliefs which he apllies in his own unique manner, aiding the less fortunates and not turning his back on nice profits to help such cause (which includes himself of course), honorable as a thief can be.

With my rolls for hit points I'm running towards sure death, but this is the rogue attitude💀

@TheOldTraveller Mr DM, I assume the kits will be the ones of Grayhawk Campaign Setting, not the classes kits as thief etc.. am i wrong?

baklunish.jpg

Edited by stonedzep (see edit history)

Kits are optional. In this particular game, I'm mostly avoiding kits. But if a kit from the Complete Thief's Handbook really fits your concept, I will consider it.

If you look in character generation notes, you'll see I allow two free slots of NWP in General group for guys without a kit. That may be enough to customize your thief.

Suggested homelands: The Dry Steppes, Plains of the Paynims, Ull

If you want to go with a desert-dervish sort of vibe, you might also consider the Bright Desert (a warm desert and pretty close to Onnwal, compared with the Baklunish lands of the West). Per published sources, the nomads there are mostly either Flan or Suloise in origin, but I am happy to rule that some are Baklunish/Flan mixtures (Rary the Traitor includes some Paynims transported to the region, and there are other ways to include a Baklunish element, if we like).

Edited by TheOldTraveller (see edit history)

Yes I was going to prefer +2 NWP slots over a kit, but wanted to ask first. Thanks!

I'll give a deeper dive into the sources you mentioned to come up with a proper homeland/background.

57 minutes ago, TheOldTraveller said:

I turned down the membership request, but that doesn't mean your guy hasn't made the cut. I simply haven't made selections beyond approving returning PCs.

Roger that🫡

Stats look good.

Weapon choices look good.

Given your description of his motives and methods up thread, I'd add good tendencies to alignment. N(g).

Istus seems like an appropriate patron deity. The Lady of Our Fates.

2 hours ago, TheOldTraveller said:

Stats look good.

Weapon choices look good.

Given your description of his motives and methods up thread, I'd add good tendencies to alignment. N(g).

Istus seems like an appropriate patron deity. The Lady of Our Fates.

Very good, fate and alignment as per your advice!

You should give some thought to why he is in Onnwal and not at home in Baklunish lands. As a thief, a criminal charge looming over him makes sense. He might have fled bounty hunters.

Looking at NWPs, I see 5 slots used. 2 for Blind-fighting and 1 each for Tumbling, Jumping, and Disguise. Thieves start with 3. You get 3 bonus slots (additional languages are converted to additional NWP slots when using the optional proficiencies rules) for 13 INT. That's 6. You have 1 slot left to spend on Rogue or General.

You also get, per my house rules for kitless PCs, 2 additional slots for General group NWPs. I suggest a language to reflect his foreign origins (Low Baklunish) and either Riding, Land-based or Direction sense, appropriate skills for a nomad.

ok, as a Neutral-Good character, Muad'Dib is far away from his homeland for a specific reason.

As his WIS suggests, he's not really objective when choosing his partners (in crime), but he's good at heart, so he trusts even who he shouldn't.

Last of his heists ended with his "partners" thieves framing him for the misdeed, so they could be free from charges and vanish with the loot. This means that Muad'Dib is still wanted in his lands, and esplains why he's in Onwal as a runaway (a thing he learnt to keep to himself, eventually).

Roger that for the NWP slots, I'll be picking 2 more general slots and 1 more rogue slot . I'll check the NWPs and inform you when I'll update the sheet. Thanks!