Group B Book 2 Spoken on the Song Wind, Chapter 1. The Learned One Returns.

LDDragon

Journal of Teacher Janatimo

Even before I set down my satchel after returning from my travels, Takulu Ot spoke breathlessly about a group of students who fought off insects, confronted an expelled pupil we all thought to be dead, and defeated griffons that had decided to feast upon mysterious anadi arrivals.

My role leading the Uzunjati and my love for a good story demanded that I ask Takulu about these students. He supplied me more information over dinner, and my initial interest turned to fascination. I have decided that I shall speak to them and, if they are even partially as interesting as Takulu makes them out to be, offer my hand to help guide their efforts.

The stories I hear about them fascinate me, but what I want to them to know—and deeply understand—is that stories of the past build the events of today. What brought the griffons to the school? Where did they come from? Griffons don’t normally prey on anadis; why did they attack those poor students? For that matter, what attracted the anadi students here in the first place? We’ve welcomed them to the school, but it seems wise to understand their motivations and their goals.

Getting the students to think about the answers to these questions, to pose their own theories, and then to investigate the truth of the situation, is far more important to their education than learning spells or rituals. Let’s get them to see what lies beneath, and we can see where that leads together.

Janatimo

Janatimo is one of the five learned ones, scholars who lead each of the Magaambya’s branches separately. Heroes who have Uzunjati as their primary branch hear about his return first; if there aren’t any, Noxolo and Okoro Obiyo eventually alert everyone in the Spire Dormitory. Janatimo is kind, insightful, and entertaining, three important qualities that make any teacher popular.

Janatimo has heard about the heroes’ victories and wants to speak with them himself. He thinks that, with proper guidance, the heroes can be part of the next generation of teachers and representatives that the Magaambya needs. He sends each hero a note to meet him at his office in an unassuming building on the northeast edge of the canal-ringed campus. It’s easy for the heroes to ask around to learn who Janatimo is, but a hero who succeeds at a DC 15 Society or Magaambya Lore check, or a DC 15 Diplomacy check to Gather Information, learns that Janatimo has an eye for talent, and those he takes under his wing tend to become prominent figures in their own right.

The furnishings in Teacher Janatimo’s office are simple, but the desks and shelves contain many objects and curios, each of which seems as though it has an interesting story to tell. In the center of all these items, sits Janatimo himself, Learned One and head of the Uzunjati. He stands from his desk and extends his arms wide in greeting.

“Ah, thank you for taking the time to visit with me. Please, have a seat. I am sure there are some interesting tales we can share.”

Janatimo conversation

Janatimo wants to talk to the heroes about their exploits at the Magaambya thus far. He prompts them for specifics and interesting moments, then brings focus to the new anadis’ arrival and the griffon attack. He asks them to explain what happened in detail. If the heroes mention Teacher Ot’s aid, Janatimo nods with a smile and observes that the heroes remained in good hands with him.

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Armenga Olulo - Thaumaturge 4

HP: 48/48 | AC: 21 | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 1/3 | Spells: 0 1

Perception: +8 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +9 | Will: +8

Consumables | Spells | Skills | School | Conditions: None

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment

-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Terrifying Resistance

-Scroll Thaumaturgy

-Steeped in History

-Breached Defenses

-Esoteric Warden

-Toughness

-Languages

"Thank you for inviting us, Teacher Janatimo. We would be happy to share our stories with you." Armenga says as they all gather in the teacher's office. She tells the story as she recalls it, aside from the moments she can't recall when everything went dark. She tries to minimize her own part, embarassing as it is to always need saving, and praises her comrades, as well as Teacher Ot, for carrying the day. And preventing the griffon from carrying her away...

Mechanics/Actions

Other: roll diplomacy, roll performance

Sell:

Free:

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction: Recognize Spell

Exploration Activity: Scout

Hands: Mirror Implement

Gear

Worn

-Backpack: Ignore first 2 Bulk of contents
-Belt Pouch
-School Robes
-Bracelet of Dashing
-Breastplate: +4AC/+1Dex

Weapons

-Dagger: +10 | 2d4+5P/S | Agile | Finesse | Thrown 10'
-5x Darts: +8 | 2d4+5P | Agile | Thrown 20'
-Whip: +10 | 2d4+5S | Reach 10' | Disarm | Trip | Nonlethal | Finesse
-Leiomano: +10 | 2d6+5B/S | Fatal D10
-War Razor: +10 | 2d4+6S | Backstabber | Deadly D8 | Agile

Containers

Backpack
-Extendable Pincers: Pick up objects up to 10' away
-Feather Token (Chest)
-Feather Token (Ladder)
-Grappling Hook
-Net
-Repair Kit
-Rope, 50'
-2x Sacks
-Soap
-2x Torches
-Waterskin
-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch
-Antidote
-10x Chalk
-1x Healing Potion, Minor
-1x Healing Potion, Lesser
-Flint and Steel
-3x Oil Pints
-Signal Whistle
-2x Empty Vials

-2x Scrolls (Bless)
-29gp, 16sp, 8cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll
-Crafter's Book
-2x Rations (1w)
-3x Sacks
-3x Torches

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+10 6
Performance
1d20+4 8

Zyrel (Ekujae Rogue)spacer.png

AC: 21 | HP: 34/34 | Perception: +10 (Initiative +2) | F: 5 R: 12 W: 10 | Conditions: none| Class DC: 20| Spell DC: 19  | Sheet

Zyrel is rather embarrassed meeting the head of the Uzunjati given how his studies have been going. Fortunately, he can avoid talking about that since Janatimo wants to hear about interesting or unusual events, not the minutia of everyday academia. Zyrel is careful to spread credit around as he covers their various encounters with gremlins and bugs. He makes sure to bring up the weird almost sigils some of the bugs were chewing. If that's not significant somehow, he'll eat his favorite boots. Mostly, he helps weave the accounts everyone gives together into a coherent story.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Rapier
Off Hand: Empty

Spells

Magus Cantrips: 4   Spell Slots: None
Wizard Cantrips: 2   Spell Slots: 1st: 1

Readied Cantrips: Acid Splash, Scatter Scree, Shield, Message, Mage Hand, Gouging Claw, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost

Readied Spells: Briny Bolt

Magus Spells: Cantrips: Scatter Scree, Acid Splash, Prestidigitation, Read Aura, Ray of Frost

Wizard Spells: Cantrips: Daze, Gouging Claw, Mage Hand, Ghost Sounds 
Level 1: Briny Bolt, Shocking Grasp

Otherworldly Magic: Cantrip: Shield

Feat Cantrips: Detect Magic

Teacher Janatimo nods.

"Thank you both for giving your accounts. I have some questions for you, please answer them to the best of your ability."

“What drew the griffons to the Magaambya?”

“Why were the griffons so hostile?”

“What brought the anadis here, to the heart of a city with which they appear wholly unfamiliar?”

“What else might the anadis want, besides to study? That is, what might make them feel more like they belong here?” 

OOC

Regardless of the specific theory a hero advances, they can attempt a skill check to impress Janatimo with their reasoning. Use the skill most applicable for the hero’s answer; if the hero suggests an overtly magical effect, Arcana or Occultism might be the most applicable skill, but if a hero suggests a natural connection, Nature or Survival might be better. If the character attempts to Lie their way out of a question, the Deception check uses the same DC but takes a –2 circumstance penalty, as Janatimo has a keen eye for when students haven’t studied. 

“What drew the griffons to the Magaambya?” Griffon behaviors tend to be straightforward, so realistic answers have a DC of 14 and outlandish answers have a DC of 24.

“Why were the griffons so hostile?” Realistic answers have a DC of 18 and outlandish answers have a DC of 20.

“What brought the anadis here, to the heart of a city with which they appear wholly unfamiliar?” Much remains mysterious regarding the arrival of the anadi students, so realistic answers have a DC of 20 and outlandish answers have a DC of 18.

“What else might the anadis want, besides to study? That is, what might make them feel more like they belong here?” Realistic answers have a DC of 18 and outlandish answers have a DC of 20. Janatimo believes it to be friendship, acceptance, or something similar; a hero who responds along these lines earns a bonus Impression Point in addition to any the check result generates.

Janatimo nods with each answer, thanking the heroes for sharing their analysis once the conversation is over.

Digging Deeper: Whether or not the heroes impress Janatimo, he feels they should spend time looking into recent matters at the Magaambya to discover the truth. Janatimo’s hunches tell him that these events are no mere coincidences, and he wants the heroes to confirm these hunches. In the process, he believes the heroes will further develop their knowledge and skills as students.

Janatimo asks the heroes to find out more about what brought the anadi students to the school, and where the griffons came from. He asks them to report to him on these matters over the school year; it doesn’t matter which they tackle first. He emphasizes that coursework is a priority above all else. There’s no rush, so the heroes are free to investigate around their classwork.

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment

-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Terrifying Resistance

-Scroll Thaumaturgy

-Steeped in History

-Breached Defenses

-Esoteric Warden

-Toughness

-Languages

Armenga thinks on the questions for a moment, chin in the palm of her hand. She knows she's not the cleverest of her cohort, but maybe she can work out some answers for teacher Janatimo. "Hmm, i think the griffons came because they were hungry, and the anandi looked like food to them. But why would they be more hungry than usual? I would think they just fly off with a farmer's sheep or the odd cow... but if they were hungry that would explain why they fought so aggressively too."

Armenga thinks on the question regarding the anandi for another moment, "We heard insects of all types were being drawn to the Magaambya, so I assumed that brought them in too. Are they insects? I.. don't really know how to call them. Spidermen? Spider-persons?" She realizes she's rambling a bit and refocuses. "I have just the idea for something they will want. There was a great big juicy Fly we found in the tunnels. What if we made a whole farm of those flies? They could catch them in their webs and I'm sure it would feel just like home for them." She seems genuinely excited about the idea, sure that all spiders want nothing more than juicy flies in their webs.

Mechanics/Actions

Other: roll nature, or Esoteric Lore (add 7)

Sell:

Free:

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Gear

Worn

-Belt Pouch
-School Robes
-Bracelet of Dashing

Weapons

Containers

Backpack
-Feather Token (Chest)
-Feather Token (Ladder)
-Grappling Hook
-Net
-Repair Kit
-Rope, 50'
-2x Sacks
-Soap
-2x Torches
-Waterskin
-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch
-Antidote
-10x Chalk
-Flint and Steel
-3x Oil Pints
-Signal Whistle
-2x Empty Vials
-2x Scrolls (Bless)
-1x Scroll Jump, Heal
-28gp, 9sp, 1cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll
-Crafter's BookFormulae:
-All common 0-level items
-Scroll
-Wand
-Goz Mask
-Masquerade Scarf

-2x Rations (1w)
-3x Sacks
-3x Torches

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Name
Nature?
1d20+6 11
Nature (anandi)
1d20+6 6
Nature (griffons 2)
1d20+6 4
Nature (anandi 2)
1d20+6 18

Zyrel (Ekujae Rogue)spacer.png

AC: 21 | HP: 34/34 | Perception: +10 (Initiative +2) | F: 5 R: 12 W: 10 | Conditions: none| Class DC: 20| Spell DC: 19  | Sheet

"I hadn't thought of the insect angle, it's unlikely but hardly impossible, particularly since we have no idea just what's drawing the bugs here in the first place. Still, I think it more likely they came looking to broaden their relationships with those outside their tribe. Could also be they know someone here, either Tzeniwe or perhaps another anadi?"

Zyrel has no idea if there are any other anadi at the Magaambya at the moment, but he hardly knows everyone after all. "As for the griffons, had this been an encounter in the wilderness, I would have just assumed they got too close to the beasts nesting area. But I doubt such a simple violation would have drawn the griffons into the city to attack, no, that smells far more like some sort of magical control was in play. Would have to be subtle so Teacher Ott didn't pick it up right away. Unless he did and just didn't say anything to us."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Rapier
Off Hand: Empty

First check, explaining the Anadi. Feels almost like it could be Society, but that wasn't a given option, so Nature it is.

And now an Arcane theory to explain the griffons.

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Any more crit fails and Zyrel may just retire out of shame. Three nat ones out of his last four rolls.

Spells

Magus Cantrips: 4   Spell Slots: None
Wizard Cantrips: 2   Spell Slots: 1st: 1

Readied Cantrips: Acid Splash, Scatter Scree, Shield, Message, Mage Hand, Gouging Claw, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost

Readied Spells: Briny Bolt

Magus Spells: Cantrips: Scatter Scree, Acid Splash, Prestidigitation, Read Aura, Ray of Frost

Wizard Spells: Cantrips: Daze, Gouging Claw, Mage Hand, Ghost Sounds 
Level 1: Briny Bolt, Shocking Grasp

Otherworldly Magic: Cantrip: Shield

Feat Cantrips: Detect Magic

Name
Nature 
1d20+8 1
Arcana
1d20+11 1

IqxtYSd.jpgJoseph Curwen Human Arcanist 3 | Neutral | Application | Sheet
checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 29/29 sprint.svg Perception: +8 | awareness.svg Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +10

Hero Points:: 2/3 |
WIZARD DC: 19 | Cantrips | Level 1 Spells: 2/2 | Level 2 Spells: 2/2 |

DRUID DC: 18 | CantripsRead Aura
Scatter Scree (Ref DC 18, 2d4 + 3 P)
|
Drain Bonded Item: L1 | L2 |
Battle Medicine (DC 15; 2d8)
Magic Items::
Scrolls
Current Effects: Light (20' Radius)

Joseph doesn't have much to say about the gryphon attack. He was hardly involved, to be honest. Mischief tried to follow them back to their nest, but they were far faster than the small bird. "The gryphons should not have come here. There are too many people. I posit that whatever is attracting all these other creatures hostile to the academy also attracted the gryphons. I'd wager the same thing attracted the anadi. There are great magics at this school; such a thing is not impossible."

Mechanics

Reaction: Recognize SpellPrerequisites: trained in Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion

Trigger: A creature within line of sight casts a spell that you don’t have prepared or in your spell repertoire, or a trap or similar object casts such a spell. You must be aware of the casting.

If you are trained in the appropriate skill for the spell’s tradition and it’s a common spell of 2nd level or lower, you automatically identify it (you still roll to attempt to get a critical success, but can’t get a worse result than success). The highest level of spell you automatically identify increases to 4 if you’re an expert, 6 if you’re a master, and 10 if you’re legendary. The GM rolls a secret Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion check, whichever corresponds to the tradition of the spell being cast. If you’re not trained in the skill, you can’t get a result better than failure.

Critical Success: You correctly recognize the spell and gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your saving throw or your AC against it.
Success: You correctly recognize the spell.
Failure: You fail to recognize the spell.
Critical Failure: You misidentify the spell as another spell entirely, of the GM’s choice.

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

OOC

Arcana

Misc

Skills

Trained: ◆ | Expert: ◆◆ | Master: ◆◆◆ | Legendary: ◆◆◆◆

Lore +9 | Arcana +9 | Crafting +9

Intimidation +5 | Lore (Academia) +9 | Lore (Ancient History)

Lore (Library) +9 | Lore (Magaambya) ◆◆ +11 | Medicine ◆◆ +10

Nature +8 | Occultism +9 | Religion +8

Society +9

Name
Arcana
1d20+11 14

jeffery-lim-kiri-kitsune.jpg.677c1d32d7214d3869a9cbe4384b5d5b.jpgFirea - Kitsune Summoner lvl 3

AC: 16 | HP: 52/52 | PER: +9 | FORT: +9 REF: +7 WILL: +9 | SPELLS/DAY: CAN: Unl 1ST: 2/2 2ND: 2/2 | HERO POINTS: 3/3 | FOCUS POINTS: 1/1

Firea looked at Teacher Janatimo and nodded gently. "Thank you for having us. It is a pleasure to meet you." After that she would give her accounting of event's after she joined the others.

Auriflamma would stand near Firea as he listened to the others. When prodded by her he would too give a recounting of the event's, with only minor differences to Firea's.

When the conversion shifted to the attack, Firea considered for a moment. "Has anyone considered the possibility of a bit of all three idea's?" Firea said in thought. "The Anadi were drawn here because of the reputation of this School. That much is known as they have said it themselves. The Gryphon were chasing the Anadi, but why? As pointed out there is other just as good if not better food choices for them nearby. Further gryphon normally do not venture into cities is compelled somehow. Even when chasing a food source, they'd still not come into the city." She'd rub one of her fluffy ears in thought. "There are some magics that can conceal things, possible even magic being used to influence others."

Spells

Innate: Daze*, (Forbidding Ward), (Ghost Sound)

NOTE: Ones in () are not active and one with * is active as per Kitsune Spell Familiarity Feat.

Focus: Boost Eidolon, Evolution Surge

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Eat Fire, Electric Arc, Frostbite, Ignition, Read Aura

First: Breath Fire, Summon Animal, Summon Fey

Second: Blazing Bolt, Summon Elemental

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction: Eat Fire if fire used against me, or Entity's Resurgence if reduced to 0HP or lower.

Exploration Activity (Firea): Detect Magic

Exploration Activity (Auriflamma): Scout

Name
Nature
1d20+10 17

%5Bfloatleft%5D%5Bimg2%3D200%5D%20%20%20%20https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F1200x%2Ff0%2F8c%2Fa8%2Ff08ca8016f82825131420453ccdc1fb2.jpg%20%20%5B%2Fimg2%5D%20%20%20%0A%5B%2Ffloatleft%5D%20%20%20%20%20%5BFONT%3D%22BookAntiqua%22%5D%5BSIZE%3D%225%22%5D%5Bb%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22Brown%22%5D%20%22Wugo%20GrowlSnuffer%22%20%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FFONT%5D%5BFONT%3D%22Arial%20Narrow%22%5D%20Warrior%20Warpriest%20of%20Zarongel%20(4)%20%20%5Bi%5D%20Neutral%5B%2Fi%5D%5B%2FFONT%5D%20%7C%20%5Burl%3D%22%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheets%2F%3Fid%3D2888517%20%20%20%22%5DSheet%5B%2Furl%5D%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D%5BIMG2%3D15%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.dungeonmastersvault.com%2Fimage%2Fblack%2Fchecked-shield.svg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%5BB%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22Black%22%5DAC%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%5BB%5D%2021%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%7C%20%5BB%5D%5BIMG2%3D15%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.dungeonmastersvault.com%2Fimage%2Fblack%2Fhealth-normal.svg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DHP%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%5BCOLOR%3D%22Firebrick%22%5D%2050%20%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%2F%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5D%2050%20%20%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%7C%20%5BB%5D%0A%5BIMG2%3D15%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.dungeonmastersvault.com%2Fimage%2Fblack%2Fsprint.svg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%20%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DPerception%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B9%20%7C%20%5BIMG2%3D15%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.dungeonmastersvault.com%2Fimage%2Fblack%2Fawareness.svg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%20%5BB%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DFort%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B10%20%7C%20%5Bb%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DRef%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B10%20%7C%20%5Bb%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DWill%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B11%20%20%5Bb%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DHero%20Points%3A%20%201%20%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%20%7C%20%5BB%5DMovement%3A%2025'%20%20-%20%20Conditions%20-%20%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%20%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D%20%20%20%20%20Only%20as%20he%20speaks%20does%20the%20group%20of%20adventurous%20students%20notice%20a%20rather%20remarkably%20unique%20and%20rare%20student.%20%20Even%20for%20as%20varied%20a%20student%20base%20as%20had%20been%20accepted%2C%20goblins%20remain%20rare.%20Perhaps%20partly%20for%20this%20reason%20Wugo%20has%20kept%20mostly%20to%20himself%20during%20his%20studies.%20After%20listening%20and%20considering%2C%20he%20adds%20-%20mostly%20from%20his%20own%20personal%20experience.%0A%5BCOLOR%3D%22Brown%22%5D%5BB%5D%20%22Wugo%20left%20him%20tribe%20to%20prove%20of%20himself%20the%20more.%20%20This%20big%2C%20everyone%20is%20knowing%20school.%20Prove%20self%20here%2C%20can%20prove%20self%20anywheres.%20%20Maybe%20them%20want%20prove%20selfs.%20%0AMaybe%20them%20wants%20helps%20from%20some%20things%20is%20be%20attacking%20them.%0A%0AHow%20Wugo%20feeled%20most%20welcome%20and%20not%20alone%20as%20not%20a%20long-leg%20and%20not%20a%20Humans%20or%20Elfs.%20%20Was%20be%20said%20%22Well%20met%22%20to%20by%20others%20not%20long-legs%20and%20not%20Humans%20or%20Elfs.%20%20Wugo%20can%20say%20%22Well%20met%22%20to%20thems.%20Maybe%20others%20like%20Wugo%20can%20for%20also.%20%20Well%2C%20sort%20of%20like%20Wugo.%20%20Only%20Wugo%20is%20most%20like%20Wugo.%0AAlso%2C%20give%20them%20food%20them%20used%20to.%20%20That%20not%20so%20fancy%20as%20Humans%20and%20Elfs%20food.%20%20And%20not%20laugh%20if%20them%20eat%20with%20them%20hands.%0AAlso%2C%20to%20you%20fellows%20of%20students.%20%20Well%20met.%20%20Wugo%20here%20is%20the%20Wugo%20that%20Wugo%20speaks%20of.%22%20%5B%2FB%5D%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%0AWugo%20bows%20slightly%20while%20remaining%20seated%20in%20his%20desk%20in%20the%20corner.%20%20Smiling...%20Welcomingly%3F%20Disturbingly%3F%20%20Yes.%0AAs%20has%20been%20noted%20during%20his%20time%20here.%20While%20Wugo's%20speech%20is%20rough.%20%20And%20his%20sense%20of%20self%20importance...%20perhaps%20higher%20than%20his%20station%20as%20of%20yet.%20%20There%20is%20often%20some%20wisdom%20in%20what%20he%20says.%20%0A%0A%5BSPOILER%3D%22Actions%20and%20Out%20of%20Character%22%5D%20%0A%0AJoin%20in%20the%20speculation.%20%20Adding%20his%20personal%20experience%20%0AIntroduce%20himself%20%0A%0AMelee%20Attacks%20at%20%2B10%0ASpell%20Attacks%20at%20%2B9%0ASpell%20DCs%20at%2019.%0A%0A%5BB%5DGear%5B%2FB%5D%3A%20%0A%2B1%20Striking%20Dogslicers%20x2%0ALight%20Mace%20x2%2C%20Dogslicers%20x2%0AHealers%20Toolkit%2C%20Thievers%20Tools%2C%20Wooden%20Religious%20symbol%2C%20crowbar%0A%0A%5BB%5DBackpack%2C%5B%2FB%5D%20%0ABedroll%2C%20Chalk%2C%20Flint%20and%20Steel%2C%20Rope%2C%20Soap%2C%20Torch%2C%20Rations%20(2%20weeks)%2C%20Waterskin%2C%20Climbing%20Kit%0A%0A%0A%5B%2FSPOILER%5D%0A%0A
f08ca8016f82825131420453ccdc1fb2.jpg
"Wugo GrowlSnuffer" Warrior Warpriest of Zarongel (4) Neutral | Sheet
checked-shield.svgAC: 21 | health-normal.svgHP: 50 / 50 |
sprint.svg Perception: +9 | awareness.svg Fort: +10 | Ref: +10 | Will: +11 Hero Points: 1 : | Movement: 25' - Conditions -
Only as he speaks does the group of adventurous students notice a rather remarkably unique and rare student. Even for as varied a student base as had been accepted, goblins remain rare. Perhaps partly for this reason Wugo has kept mostly to himself during his studies. After listening and considering, he adds - mostly from his own personal experience.
"Wugo left him tribe to prove of himself the more. This big, everyone is knowing school. Prove self here, can prove self anywheres. Maybe them want prove selfs.
Maybe them wants helps from some things is be attacking them.

How Wugo feeled most welcome and not alone as not a long-leg and not a Humans or Elfs. Was be said "Well met" to by others not long-legs and not Humans or Elfs. Wugo can say "Well met" to thems. Maybe others like Wugo can for also. Well, sort of like Wugo. Only Wugo is most like Wugo.
Also, give them food them used to. That not so fancy as Humans and Elfs food. And not laugh if them eat with them hands.
Also, to you fellows of students. Well met. Wugo here is the Wugo that Wugo speaks of."

Wugo bows slightly while remaining seated in his desk in the corner. Smiling... Welcomingly? Disturbingly? Yes.
As has been noted during his time here. While Wugo's speech is rough. And his sense of self importance... perhaps higher than his station as of yet. There is often some wisdom in what he says.

"Actions and Out of Character"

Join in the speculation. Adding his personal experience
Introduce himself

Melee Attacks at +10
Spell Attacks at +9
Spell DCs at 19.

Gear:
+1 Striking Dogslicers x2
Light Mace x2, Dogslicers x2
Healers Toolkit, Thievers Tools, Wooden Religious symbol, crowbar

Backpack,
Bedroll, Chalk, Flint and Steel, Rope, Soap, Torch, Rations (2 weeks), Waterskin, Climbing Kit

Edited by Cleric8092 (see edit history)
Name
Nature (why coming here, help feel more at ease)
1d20+11 8

Teacher Janatimo inclines his head, his face changing expression as each person speaks in response to not only what they say, but how they are presenting it and the reasoning behind their replies.

"Thank you all for your answers. I can see the spark of potential in all of you, and I believe that if you work hard and dedicate yourselves, you may eventually become the next generation of teachers and representatives that the Magaambya needs.

I would like you to investigate further about what brought the anadi students to the school, and where the griffons came from, then report back to me on these matters over the school year; it doesn’t matter which you tackle first. Of course, your studies are a priority above all else. There’s no rush, so you are free to investigate around your classwork. "

He takes out a majestic wooden crown bears elaborate carvings depicting a king giving of himself to a throng of needy subjects, and places it on the desk. Gesturing to it, he states

"Thank you for taking the time to meet with me. Please take this curio, it may assist you in the investigations."

Crown of the companion

Crown of the Companion
Uncommon, Healing, Invested, Magical, Necromancy, Positive

Level 6; Price 250 gp
Usage worn crown; Bulk L

Stories tell of a forgotten king who once loved his subjects so much he was willing to give his own life energy for them. Whether true or not, this majestic wooden crown bears elaborate carvings depicting that tale. It’s ringed with images of the same kingly figure giving more and more of himself to a throng of needy subjects. While wearing it, you gain a +1 item bonus to Diplomacy checks.

Activate [two-actions] envision, Interact; Frequency once per day; Effect You bow to an ally within 30 feet, creating a magical bond between the two of you. You cast shield other targeting the ally. The link remains even if you move more than 30 feet away from them. At the end of the spell’s duration, your ally recovers 4d8 Hit Points and you recover half of what they recover.

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment

-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Terrifying Resistance

-Scroll Thaumaturgy

-Steeped in History

-Breached Defenses

-Esoteric Warden

-Toughness

-Languages

"Well. We were this close to discovering where the griffons nest." Armenga says, holding her fingers a hair's breadth apart. "It was not the way I preferred to find out though. Do you have any guidance Teach Janatimo? Where should we start our search? Any likely roosts or nearby experts on the behaviors of griffins?"

"As for the Anandi, I think we start by simply talking to them. Maybe that will turn over some stones, and then we can go from there. We may come back if they have no answers for us. Maybe you can point us in the right direction if we get lost."

She takes in the crown and her eyes widen, "A generous gift, thank you! We haven't even done anything yet, but I'm sure we will put it to good use."

Mechanics/Actions

Other: Proposing to head to speak with the anandi first, then likely journey to somewhere griffons might live. We might want to stock up on supplies to fight flying creatures first!

I think Firea might make the most sense to take the crown, as a CHA based character who can use the benefit to diplomacy (unless they're using ABP to get a bonus to diplomacy, in which case it wouldn't stack). I believe it would be inefficient to use on your Eidolon though, since you'd only get one of the healing benefits (I think the greater?), so better to tag a party member.

Sell:

Free:

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Gear

Worn

-Belt Pouch
-School Robes
-Bracelet of Dashing

Weapons

Containers

Backpack
-Feather Token (Chest)
-Feather Token (Ladder)
-Grappling Hook
-Net
-Repair Kit
-Rope, 50'
-2x Sacks
-Soap
-2x Torches
-Waterskin
-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch
-Antidote
-10x Chalk
-Flint and Steel
-3x Oil Pints
-Signal Whistle
-2x Empty Vials
-2x Scrolls (Bless)
-1x Scroll Jump, Heal
-28gp, 9sp, 1cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll
-Crafter's Book
-2x Rations (1w)
-3x Sacks
-3x Torches

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

%5Bfloatleft%5D%5Bimg2%3D200%5D%20%20%20%20https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F1200x%2Ff0%2F8c%2Fa8%2Ff08ca8016f82825131420453ccdc1fb2.jpg%20%20%5B%2Fimg2%5D%20%20%20%0A%5B%2Ffloatleft%5D%20%20%20%20%20%5BFONT%3D%22BookAntiqua%22%5D%5BSIZE%3D%225%22%5D%5Bb%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22Brown%22%5D%20%22Wugo%20GrowlSnuffer%22%20%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FFONT%5D%5BFONT%3D%22Arial%20Narrow%22%5D%20Warrior%20Warpriest%20of%20Zarongel%20(4)%20%20%5Bi%5D%20Neutral%5B%2Fi%5D%5B%2FFONT%5D%20%7C%20%5Burl%3D%22%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheets%2F%3Fid%3D2888517%20%20%20%22%5DSheet%5B%2Furl%5D%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D%5BIMG2%3D15%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.dungeonmastersvault.com%2Fimage%2Fblack%2Fchecked-shield.svg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%5BB%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22Black%22%5DAC%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%5BB%5D%2021%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%7C%20%5BB%5D%5BIMG2%3D15%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.dungeonmastersvault.com%2Fimage%2Fblack%2Fhealth-normal.svg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DHP%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%5BCOLOR%3D%22Firebrick%22%5D%2050%20%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%2F%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5D%2050%20%20%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%7C%20%5BB%5D%0A%5BIMG2%3D15%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.dungeonmastersvault.com%2Fimage%2Fblack%2Fsprint.svg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%20%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DPerception%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B9%20%7C%20%5BIMG2%3D15%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.dungeonmastersvault.com%2Fimage%2Fblack%2Fawareness.svg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%20%5BB%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DFort%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B10%20%7C%20%5Bb%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DRef%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B10%20%7C%20%5Bb%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DWill%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B11%20%20%5Bb%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22black%22%5DHero%20Points%3A%20%201%20%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%3A%5B%2FB%5D%20%20%7C%20%5BB%5DMovement%3A%2025'%20%20-%20%20Conditions%20-%20%20%5B%2FB%5D%20%20%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D%20%20%20%20%20Wugo%20nods%20slowly%20in%20admiration%20of%20what%20this%20group%20had%20earned.%0A%5BCOLOR%3D%22Brown%22%5D%5BB%5D%20%22Wugo%20is%20thinking%20you%20many%20HAVE%20done%20many%20thing.%20%20You%20have%20fought%20things.%20%20You%20had%20chance%20to%20double%20stab%20things%20and%20no%20teacher%20say%20to%20you%20-%20'Wugo%2C%20remember%20what%20we%20talksed%20about%3F'...%0AWugo%20has%20been%20learning.%20%20But%20not%20chance%20to%20SHOW%20his%20self%20how%20to%20use%20what%20him%20learned.%20To%20prove.%20%20Wugo%20been%20sitting%2C%20listening%2C%20and...%20Not%20Burning%20Anyone%20or%20Any%20Books%20Any%20More.%0APlease%20let%20Wugo%20be%20helping%20you!%20%20Wugo%20can%20kills%20you%20emenies%20alongs%20side%20you.%20%20Stabs%20them%2C%20burns%20them%2C%20and%20heal%20you%20ouchies...%22%20%5B%2FB%5D%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%0AWugo%20becomes%20eager%20at%20a%20chance%20for%20practical%20application%20of%20theoretical%20learning.%20%20That%20gets%20rewarded.%20Rather%20than%20resulting%20in%20lectures%20about%20laws%20and%20scholarly%20expectations%20relating%20to%20Assault%20and%20%2F%20or%20Arson.%20%20So%20many%20of%20these%20students%20wouldn't%20last%20a%20day%20in%20a%20goblin%20tribe.%20%20But%20he%20sees%20true%20grit%20in%20these%20folk.%20%20And%20a%20chance%20to%20join%20them%0A%0A%5BSPOILER%3D%22Actions%20and%20Out%20of%20Character%22%5D%20%0A%0AJoin%20in%20the%20speculation.%20%20Adding%20his%20personal%20experience%20%0AIntroduce%20himself%20%0A%0AMelee%20Attacks%20at%20%2B10%0ASpell%20Attacks%20at%20%2B9%0ASpell%20DCs%20at%2019.%0A%0A%5BB%5DGear%5B%2FB%5D%3A%20%0A%2B1%20Striking%20Dogslicers%20x2%0ALight%20Mace%20x2%2C%20Dogslicers%20x2%0AHealers%20Toolkit%2C%20Thievers%20Tools%2C%20Wooden%20Religious%20symbol%2C%20crowbar%0A%0A%5BB%5DBackpack%2C%5B%2FB%5D%20%0ABedroll%2C%20Chalk%2C%20Flint%20and%20Steel%2C%20Rope%2C%20Soap%2C%20Torch%2C%20Rations%20(2%20weeks)%2C%20Waterskin%2C%20Climbing%20Kit%0A%0A%0A%5B%2FSPOILER%5D%0A%0A
f08ca8016f82825131420453ccdc1fb2.jpg
"Wugo GrowlSnuffer" Warrior Warpriest of Zarongel (4) Neutral | Sheet
checked-shield.svgAC: 21 | health-normal.svgHP: 50 / 50 |
sprint.svg Perception: +9 | awareness.svg Fort: +10 | Ref: +10 | Will: +11 Hero Points: 1 : | Movement: 25' - Conditions -
Wugo nods slowly in admiration of what this group had earned.
"Wugo is thinking you many HAVE done many thing. You have fought things. You had chance to double stab things and no teacher say to you - 'Wugo, remember what we talksed about?'...
Wugo has been learning. But not chance to SHOW his self how to use what him learned. To prove. Wugo been sitting, listening, and... Not Burning Anyone or Any Books Any More.
Please let Wugo be helping you! Wugo can kills you emenies alongs side you. Stabs them, burns them, and heal you ouchies..."

Wugo becomes eager at a chance for practical application of theoretical learning. That gets rewarded. Rather than resulting in lectures about laws and scholarly expectations relating to Assault and / or Arson. So many of these students wouldn't last a day in a goblin tribe. But he sees true grit in these folk. And a chance to join them

"Actions and Out of Character"

Join in the speculation. Adding his personal experience
Introduce himself

Melee Attacks at +10
Spell Attacks at +9
Spell DCs at 19.

Gear:
+1 Striking Dogslicers x2
Light Mace x2, Dogslicers x2
Healers Toolkit, Thievers Tools, Wooden Religious symbol, crowbar

Backpack,
Bedroll, Chalk, Flint and Steel, Rope, Soap, Torch, Rations (2 weeks), Waterskin, Climbing Kit

jeffery-lim-kiri-kitsune.jpg.677c1d32d7214d3869a9cbe4384b5d5b.jpgFirea - Kitsune Summoner lvl 3

AC: 16 | HP: 52/52 | PER: +9 | FORT: +9 REF: +7 WILL: +9 | SPELLS/DAY: CAN: Unl 1ST: 2/2 2ND: 2/2 | HERO POINTS: 3/3 | FOCUS POINTS: 1/1

Firea looked at Teacher Janatimo and nodded gently. "Thank you for the gift." She then looked at the crown for a moment, then at the others as she picked it up and examined it more closely. "Do any of you object if I take the crown?" It appeared as though she was deferring to the groups judgement on this one.

After the crown was settled Firea then considered for a moment. "Talking to the Anandi first might reveal if they were attacking by the Griffon's before arriving here, or at least reveal if they saw them before. That could narrow our search for the nest considerably. We also might be able to learn other things from them regarding their reason for being here other than to learn, and if they have any enemies."

"The thought has merit." Auriflamma chimed in.

Then she smiled at Wugo. "I do not mind if you join us, but leave the burning things to me and Auriflamma." Firea said with a grin.

Auriflamma, which is a medium size fox that's on fire, simply snickers.

Spells

Innate: Daze*, (Forbidding Ward), (Ghost Sound)

NOTE: Ones in () are not active and one with * is active as per Kitsune Spell Familiarity Feat.

Focus: Boost Eidolon, Evolution Surge

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Eat Fire, Electric Arc, Frostbite, Ignition, Read Aura

First: Breath Fire, Summon Animal, Summon Fey

Second: Blazing Bolt, Summon Elemental

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction: Eat Fire if fire used against me, or Entity's Resurgence if reduced to 0HP or lower.

Exploration Activity (Firea): Detect Magic

Exploration Activity (Auriflamma): Scout

IqxtYSd.jpgJoseph Curwen Human Arcanist 3 | Neutral | Application | Sheet
checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 29/29 sprint.svg Perception: +8 | awareness.svg Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +10

Hero Points:: 2/3 |
WIZARD DC: 19 | Cantrips | Level 1 Spells: 2/2 | Level 2 Spells: 2/2 |

DRUID DC: 18 | CantripsRead Aura
Scatter Scree (Ref DC 18, 2d4 + 3 P)
|
Drain Bonded Item: L1 | L2 |
Battle Medicine (DC 15; 2d8)
Magic Items::
Scrolls
Current Effects: Light (20' Radius)

Joseph inclines his head respectfully towards Teacher Janatimo. The assignment strikes the young wizard as odd; not particularly appropriate for students of magic, but then again, he had not expected to spend most of the first semester exterminating bugs, either. He is comfortable with the knowledge that the Magaambya is the top magic university on Golarion. The assignment must have some useful purpose. "Mischief, after those gryphons were finished savaging my robes, did you see what direction they flew off in?" The wizard rubs his arm unconsciously, scars left as a reminder of the fight with the savage beasts. "As for the anadi, I feel like the simplest solution would be to ask."  Mischief the raven ignores Joseph and struts about in front of Wugo, showing off his magnificent plumage and beautiful necklace of acquired beads and shiny baubles to the newcomer.

"Wugo, is it? I do hope you've a steady hand and a stout heart. It seems trouble is coming to the school in greater and greater force. And, ahh, there will be no book burning."

Mechanics

Reaction: Recognize SpellPrerequisites: trained in Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion

Trigger: A creature within line of sight casts a spell that you don’t have prepared or in your spell repertoire, or a trap or similar object casts such a spell. You must be aware of the casting.

If you are trained in the appropriate skill for the spell’s tradition and it’s a common spell of 2nd level or lower, you automatically identify it (you still roll to attempt to get a critical success, but can’t get a worse result than success). The highest level of spell you automatically identify increases to 4 if you’re an expert, 6 if you’re a master, and 10 if you’re legendary. The GM rolls a secret Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion check, whichever corresponds to the tradition of the spell being cast. If you’re not trained in the skill, you can’t get a result better than failure.

Critical Success: You correctly recognize the spell and gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your saving throw or your AC against it.
Success: You correctly recognize the spell.
Failure: You fail to recognize the spell.
Critical Failure: You misidentify the spell as another spell entirely, of the GM’s choice.

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

OOC

@LDDragon Joseph had Mischief follow the gryphons when they fled. Mischief wouldn't have been able to keep up, but did he see what direction the mean birbs went?

Misc

Skills

Trained: ◆ | Expert: ◆◆ | Master: ◆◆◆ | Legendary: ◆◆◆◆

Lore +9 | Arcana +9 | Crafting +9

Intimidation +5 | Lore (Academia) +9 | Lore (Ancient History)

Lore (Library) +9 | Lore (Magaambya) ◆◆ +11 | Medicine ◆◆ +10

Nature +8 | Occultism +9 | Religion +8

Society +9

Mischief recalls seeing the griffons heading towards the southern edge of Nantambu.

OOC will do proper update tomorrow most likely. It is getting very late here.