Tanith Camarilla, Elven Wizard

spacer.pngTanith Camarilla

Asmodean Cult escapee. At war with herself. Desperate and determined to escape her enemies by pleasing her allies. Prophecy bound. Arc.. To get to a place where she feels safe enough to relax. "I'll never go back. I'd rather die."

Life is sometimes stranger than fiction. What do I mean by that? I mean that I race to oppose the demons in order to escape my church... the demons are better company, even if they do want to kill me, and I have to kill them. This is made even stranger given that I have to undo the mental and emotional indoctrination I was subject to over the years. I love Asmodeus. I hate Asmodeus. I yearn for freedom. I long to be brought back into the fold.

The Priests of Asmodeus know how to isolate the weak and defenceless, reduce their ego to nothing and make them emotionally dependent. Demons mean to kill me, the Asmodeans would reduce me to nothing and send me to hell, where my life would continue as normal.

Orphaned as a child and left to the tender mercies of the Church of Asmodeus elicits no tears, so common a tale it is. You would think the Iomedans would not stand for this brand of mercy. However, the Iomedeans will look the other way to procure the swords of the Asmodean Hellknights. I do not look to right, or a higher power for my salvation, but only to my own machinations.

On the cusp of adulthood, I am to be confirmed into the faith, and so am watched. Now the spark of rebellion lights thoughts of escape in my mind, even as my traitorous heart's blood seeks to reel me in. Alone I won't last a week. Asmodeans mean to have me, no-one will risk their ire on my behalf. This fuels desperation in my heart to find a faction, a company, that will protect me.

I met with the Elf called Astibar the Oracle today, or rather she fatefully met by chance. I saw someone in the street I did not wish to meet and ducked into an alley, where she stood waiting for me, calling me by name, though we've never met and I am of no import. It is said the Priestesses of Magdh weave the strands of fate to ends even they themselves do not know.

"Tanith, sweet child, dark has been your weave, but golden it may yet become. Let fate light your steps to the building yonder on the morrow if you would take the fateful leap to that hopeful strand."

Having pointed at the Honeyed Blackmoor Cafe, she essayed a smile. Then, anticipating my question of 'for what?', she continued with "Oh, you'll know, you'll know."

I would have asked her what the price was for her sight, but just then my 'minder' caught up with me, paused to glance sharply at the mad priestess, before hustling me out of the alley, adding a cuff to the back of my head for good measure... "Don't do that again."

Now I sit across from

Appearance

Passingly attractive, Tanith is unfailingly courteous and polite, with a tendency to speak with eyes lowered. She is well spoken, even erudite, in her speech, the consequence of hours of beatings and elocution lessons to eradicate a stutter. She has the look of someone who stands behind the big guy with a sword, doing the big guy's math. Her attire is not showy, understandably puritan in the 'buttons are sign of pride' manner.

She is accompanied by a thrush... 'Imp'. In her case it's difficult to determine whether it's a comfort animal or a familiar. The current betting is on it being both.

Her spellcasting is recognizably Asmodean as is the cadence of her Taldane. That Asmodeans are known to be the great decievers does her no favors.

Personality

Tanith is a survivor, possessed of an ironclad determination. She is, for the moment, something of a closed book emotionally speaking; 'opening up' in an Asmodean school for orphans is tantamount to suicide, thus she comes across as strictly professional, pragmatic and logical to a fault. She 'appears' to have little time for anything she does not deem to be advancing her cause, securing her position. She seeks to hide her motivation for this.. pure fear, at any cost. This is her drive both individually and on behalf of the company.

She is purpose stripped down to grim need. Thankfully, that grim need incorporates into itself a tendency towards black, even fatalistic, humor.. dispensed in order to curry favor. Tanith has, as yet, little experience or understanding of frivolity, though understandably she possesses a fine grasp of the absurd. She keeps her guard up, while trying not to look like she's keeping her guard up.

Whether she is actually like this, or her true personality or whether her true personality is repressed beneath scar tissue is anyone's guess.

Role

Tanith is all support, advance payment for a rainy day. She assists the fighters in the a fight, her spells being of the sort that tips the balance for them as opposed to killing things herself. She takes the view that her magic should first and foremost address those problems which only magic can solve.

She assists the fighters prior to combat as well. 'Imp', her spylike thrush familiar helping to ensure the company sees them before they see the company. However, her outstanding ability is her encyclopaedic knowledge on a great many subjects. This is just as well given that her magic has all the stamina of a consumption victim.

Character Generation

Ability Scores: 20 point buy

Strength: 8

Dexterity: 14 (+2 Racial) =16

Constitution: 14 (-2 Racial) = 12

Intelligence: 16 (+ Racial) = 18

Wisdom: 12

Charisma: 10

Race: Elf

Alternate Racial Traits: 

Fey Thoughts (lose weapon familiarity) (gain perception and UMD as class skills)

Darkvision (lose low light vision) (gain light sensitivity)

Illustrious Urbanite (lose keen senses) (gain Spell Focus Conjuration)

Height: 5'10

Weight: 110lbs

Class: Wizard Conjuration School (Necromancy and Enchantment opposed)

Favored Class: Wizard

Favored Class Bonus: HP × 1

Traits: Pragmatic Activator; Warrior of Old Drawback: Entomophobe  Campaign Trait: Child of the Crusades

Skill Ranks: 2 + Int mod +  = 6

Skills Trained: Perception 1, Stealth 1, Knowledge Planes 1, Knowledge Religion 1, Use Magic Device 1, Spellcraft 1.

Background Skill Ranks: 2

Skills Trained: Linguistics 1 (Abyssal), Knowledge (History) 1

Feats: Breadth of Experience

Bonus Languages: Celestial, Draconic, Sylvan, Goblin,

Hit Points: Max (d6) + Con mod + Favoured Class Bonus = 8

Starting Wealth: 3d6 × 10gp = 80gp

spacer.png Map Token

spacer.pngspacer.png

Show/Hide Posting Template

spacer.pngTanith Camarilla 

Insert post here

spacer.png Statistics Block

Tanith Camarilla

Elven Wizard (Conjurer) 1
Init +5; Senses Perception +5 (+7 with familiar close)

AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10 (Dex +3)
HP 8 / 8
Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Dagger +4 (2d6+3; 19-20/×2)🪓🪄
Ranged Light Crossbow +3 (1d8; ×2)🪄
Special Attacks Acid Splash
Statistics

Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10
BAB +0; CMB -1; CMD 12
Traits: Child of the Crusades, Pragmatic Activator, Warrior of Old, Entomophobia (drawback)
Feats Breadth of Experience, Arcane Duelist, Arcane Bond (Familiar), Cantrips

Skills: Knowledge (Planes) +10, Knowledge (Religion) +10, Knowledge (History) +10, All other knowledges +6 (can make checks untrained), Use Magic Device +8, Spellcraft +8, Linguistics +8, Perception +5 (7 familiar), Stealth +4
Languages Common, Elven, Celestial, Draconic, Sylvan, Goblin, Abyssal

SQ:

Shift - Conjuration School (Teleportation) (5' Teleport Swift) 7/day Arcane Duelist 4/day

Conditions None

Familiar "Imp" (Air Elemental Familiar Archetype)

Thrush N Diminutive (+6 to fly/+8 to stealth) animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision;

Perception +9 [1 rank (1)+ Wis (2) + Skill Focus (3) +Class (3)]

Fly +16 [1 rank (1) Dex (2) Class (3) Size (6) [Good (+4) from archetype)]

Stealth +14 [1 rank (1) Dex (2) Class (3) Size (8)]

AC 17, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +4 size + 1 Natural) HP 4 Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +4

Speed 10 ft Fly 50 ft. (good) Melee bite –1 (1d2–5) Space 1 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

Str 1 Dex 15 Con 6 Int [6] Wis 15 Cha 6
BAB+0 CMB –2 CMD 13
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills: Fly (Good) +16 Perception +9 Stealth +14
Familiar Feats: Alertness, Elemental Manifestation (+4 to fly skill (average to good), 10' faster fly speed), share spells, empathic link

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
spacer.png

Tanith Camarilla- Elf Wizard 1

HP: 8/8 | AC: 13/17 (Mage Armor) | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 1/3 | Spells: 0Acid Splash (memorised)
Arcane Mark
Detect Magic (memorised)
Breeze
Dancing Lights (memorised)
Detect Fiendish Presence
Detect Magic
Detect Poison
Flare
Ghost Sound
Grasp
Haunted Fey Aspect
Jolt
Light
Mage Hand
Mending
Open/Close
Penumbra
Prestidigitation
Ray of Frost
Read Magic
Resistance
Spark
Touch of Fatigue
 / 1stColour Spray (1)
Ears of the City
Feather Fall
Grease (1)
Mage Armour (1)
Magic Weapon
Protection from Evil

Initiative: +5 | Perception: +5 (+7 Alertness) | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3

Shift 7/7Shift (Su): At 1st level, you can teleport to a nearby space as a swift action as if using dimension door. This movement does not provoke an attack of opportunity. You must be able to see the space that you are moving into. You cannot take other creatures with you when you use this ability (except for familiars). You can move 5 feet for every two wizard levels you possess (minimum 5 feet). You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier. | Arcane Duelist: 4/4Arcane Duelist (Su): Wizards with this ability are specially
trained to push their spells when needed to gain the up
per hand. When pushing a spell, the wizard can choose
one of the three following effects: increase a spell’s DC by +1, add +2 to the level check to ove come spell resistance, or add a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls made with the spell. A wizard can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Intelligence bonus. Using this ability is a swift action

Consumables | Spells | Abilities | Skills | Attacks | Conditions: None

"Imp" Thrush Familiar (+3 to Diplomacy, Starts with one spoken language (Taldane)

HP 4/4 AC 17 Speed 50' Initiative +2 Perception +9 Fly (Good) +16 Stealth +14 Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +4

Melee Bite -1 (1d2-5) Feats Skill Focus (Perception), Alertness, Elemental Manifestation, Share Spells, Empathic Link.

Tanith smiles shyly at the thanks, then murmurs "Some day I'll need to call in this favor."

OOC/Actions

Other:

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Other:

Right Hand: Dagger

Left Hand:

Notes 

-

Gear - WIP

Worn

-Spell Components Belt
- Spring Loaded Wrist Sheath
- Spring Loaded Wrist Sheath Belt Pouch

Weapons

-Dagger
-Light Crossbow

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll
-Waterskin
-Trail Rations (2)
-
-

Belt Pouch

-Flint and Steel
-
- xgp

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

• Not sure what is causing your sheet to show CMD as Not a Number. Please check to see relevant fields are properly filled in
  • Trait selections on this thread do not match character sheet

Other than that, mechanics look good.