Character Creation Discussion

Was planning on posting both the chummer file and pdf tonight.

Still working on some proper flavor text and a more accurate representation of Llorona via Heroforge since I can't seem to find close enough art lol.

Edited by NewSheo (see edit history)

... you know, I will forever be salty that the Highland Forge Claymore is not available at chargen, but the Nodachi is. Like, I get it, Shadowrun is anime, but still, you could make it a little less blatant lol.

Sure, but it's the principle of the matter, given that it's basically the exact same profile. Besides, I'm probably going to end up going with a Custom Look katana styled as a long gladius-type weapon, as a "big guns" option. As tempting as going full send with a two handed weapon could be, having a hand free would be useful for how I've built things lol.

I'm going to go ahead and extend the application process by a week although I ask that you at least have a thread started by the original deadline.

I'm probably not going to make the deadline, new job appears to eat too much energy atm, that should improve over time, maybe not quick enough to find the needed creativity to put a good character together.

Or maybe I can scrap the current concept and revive an old one from memory.

7 hours ago, saithor said:

I'm going to go ahead and extend the application process by a week although I ask that you at least have a thread started by the original deadline.

Gotcha. What exactly are you looking for in terms of "bare minimum" for an application to be considered?

Edited by NewSheo (see edit history)

1 hour ago, NewSheo said:

Gotcha. What exactly are you looking for in terms of "bare minimum" for an application to be considered?

Mechanics complete, background, and either a physical description or image for your character.

Already discussed this with Saithor, but I'll be stepping away from the Sammie/Face concept as we've a fair few people new(er) to SR and 5E specifically with similar / overlapping builds and I'd rather they got a chance to try stuff without someone looming over the same archetype.

Alright, I'll make sure to have a thread started by the original deadline! Sorry for the delay on my end, chargen's just been taking a long time. Something about the system really brings out the part of me that wants to tinker around and tweak my build constantly to get it just right.

And then another idea hits me and I start from scratch again 🫠

Current iteration is for a human (I dropped the troll/ork angle after all) mystic adept. Currently wrestling with myself to decide whether or not he's a former medic, former security guard, or former/current vigilante. Originally was working from the angle that he's a former S-K corpo since he's a drake, but uh...Everything I'm reading on the setting makes that sound like a Bad idea. Boy the extra points from SINer make it tempting though. Might honestly just drop the drake angle entirely; Keep it simple so I don't run around chasing too many angles in chargen.

Edited by anon101 (see edit history)