OOC Thread

"Shields" border on 'Science Fiction' in the Traveller universe. Ship's protection usually exists in terms of additional Armour.

This is not to say that "Shields" don't exist, but only begin at rudimentary levels at Tech level 16 and higher.

I was thinking more along the lines of some form of ablative armour rather than energy shields. But again, I'd be surprised if an industrial unit had anything more than rudimentary radiation shielding for the outer hull areas as a protection against cosmic rays and the like. Maybe somewhat thicker skin around the habitable areas.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the absence guys. Posting as a player I can due, but can't keep it together enough to actually run a game. Good news however! I was discharged (again) today. (60 days inpatient since Jan. 26)

Give me a couple of days to get my head back around what's going on in the Tanith system, and we should be back up and going. Sorry about the health issues guys, but hopefully I'm, well, not ALL good now, but better. Since I generally keep track of what's going on 'off set', getting totally back on track will be a while, but I can get enough back to play the P.C.'s in a day or two.

Good to have you back. I can sympathize somewhat. As a kid in 5th grade, I took a knee to the side of my head. Resulted in a cracked skull and a concussion. Spent 2 week in a hospital, the first 10 days were flat on my back, not even a pillow.

But that was almost nothing compared to what you must be going through. Get well soon.

Oh, I've been home a couple of times, but never for more than a couple days before ending up back in the hospital. This time I've determined that even if blood is shooting out my eyes, NO HOSPITAL! I can't stand anymore. When the staff all know you by sight, you've been there too long.