Session 1.6 Planning Meeting and More

darkhugh

Serena watches the fight with the NERV-Denver team and talks at the screen. "Damnit, Denver-Ops, you damn well should have trained them better than that. I damn well KNOW I trained you better than that, and the Training Team was rather thorough. Even with two weeks as a team, there are protocols. Mind you, I'm about to ignore over half of them, but my team is a separate issue...Clearly they need to mix up their simulation opponents." Serena proceeds to watch in clearly mounting disgruntlement as the three Pilots manage to pull a win out of their asses. She takes off her mirrorshades, sets them close by, and double facepalms for several moments as her Pilots comment, before putting her mirrorshades back on with a sigh.

"We are training hard to avoid that." Serena points to Zelda. "Ladies and Gentleman, meet your Team Lead. Team Lead, meet your Team. Their successes are your successes, your failures are their failures.

So, Zelda, if you were the Operations Director for NERV-Denver, what would you have done to fight Jehoel using the Team we just saw? And how would you fight Jehoel using our team, including yourself? Keep in mind, Jehoel mission-kills all Non-AT Field-generating units with a sizeable radius of itself, thus only Units that generate an AT Field or Remote Operable Equipment may be used, so the Turret Array is fair game, as is pre-positioning Field Artillery at a distance to act like a Turret Array.

The rest of you, same two questions.

And Anya, yes, NERV-London has an Absolute Territory Bait System like all NERV Bases. Part of why living and working here earns Danger Pay and Combat Pay on top of a good wage.

Questions?" Serena looks at each of her Pilots, and cocks an eyebrow, clearly interested in what their answers are going to be.

Captain Serena Silver

spacer.png

Wounds: 13/13

Ego Barrier: 35/35

Fate Points: 2/3

Fatigue: 0

Insanity Points: 0

Emiko
spacer.png

Wounds: 0/12

Insanity: 2

Zelda's annoyance seems to wash over her, though its hard to tell if she is actually offended and if hiding it or is just unaffected "Its important for every encounter to be treated as if it is the be all and end all of the fight. Every fight is life and death for everyone involved, not just us."

She seems to consider Serena's questions for a long moment "The problem was their discipline was lacking"

"Felix attempting to flee was the catalyst. If he had stayed and fought he would have stalled the entity long enough for his team to regroup. By running it required his team to shoot a running and hiding target"

"As if fell apart, Luna also fell apart and dropped her weapon to attempt melee combat, which clearly did not help much and also hampered the rest of the team's fire."

spacer.pngZelda doesnt seem particularly interested in Silver's exercise, her mind is elsewhere, busy on other stuff, she passively watch the replay of the battle while Emiko, unsurprisingly, dutifully do the assigned homework

But something wake her up, something draw her attention"injecting venom..." she mumble, quoting the bridge operator who warned the team about the entity venomous bite.

Zelda eyes open wide, you can almost see the light-bulb shining on her head, she got an idea, no, calling it an idea wouldnt do it justice, this is an epiphany!

"venom!" she almost shout, likely causing more than one puzzled expression

She wave her hand, as if to cancel something, while addressing Silver "forget Jehoel, the past is past, i think...i think i have an idea for Hariti, it's something i've been thinking since yesterday at the planning meeting but i was missing a piece" she smile, proud of herself "ok, listen" she gesture at the tv "Luna eva went berserker, we already know what that means but to make it brief, an eva in berserk state is much more powerful and yet Luna's eva didnt do anything useful, because it was too badly damaged" she pause for a few seconds "now, suppose you have a relatively healthy eva, with a synch ratio hovering 100% and that you could force it to berserk...what would you have?" she doesnt wait for an answer " an eva powerful enough to eat the sons of Gazardiel for breakfast, with such high deflection they cant hurt it, or strong enough to hurt a fully grown entity without external support...add external support and the battle would become significantly easier"

She nod "i know what you think, we cant force an eva to berserk when we want it, but if we could arrange a situation against Hariti with ..say...70+% chances of success? wouldnt it be a gamble worth taking?" Zelda surely would take that gamble "we know that hariti has a power that increase the synch ratio of his targets, we also know it's powerful enough or it use it frequently enough to cause an oversynch...at the academy they teach you that oversynching is bad... but a stronger connection with the eva has several benefits and if it get suddenly interrupted, say, because the pilot is knocked unconscious, the eva has a very high probability of going berserk, it's guaranteed at 130%+ synch ratio, not that i'd risk going that far, but it's an option"

With a very serious expression "you're a medic Silver, how hard would it be to prepare an auto injector with a medical drug able to knock a light weight person unconscious within a minute of the injection? with almost a month of time Nerv's infirmary can perfectly calibrate it for each of us, we can have the taravangian run tests to verify my theory, if during the fight with Hariti one of use get oversynched...that pilot will have the option to go to sleep and let the eva continue the fight, if we're lucky Hariti might open the battle with that power. I'm not the eva's number 1 fan, hell, i despise these monsters, but i know Eva-17 is going to fight like i would, we're..." she grin while shaking her head in disgust "identical"

Serena nods to Emiko's responses, and cocks an eyebrow at Zelda's responses. "Not exactly what I was expecting, but let's chase this. First off, by definition, a Berserking Evangelion is out of control, just as likely to fight friendlies as fight enemies. There are things that can mitigate that, true, but I don't think any of you have trained in the Path of the Berserker, as if I remember right, you're two Skirmishers, an AT Tactician, and a Pointman, correct?

And knocking out the Pilot doesn't guarantee the Evangelion going Berserk, it's a chance thing with a whole host of variables. As for what happens once the Evangelion is Berserk, it depends on certain things within the make-up of the Evangelion, as they are not all similar. Some may relentlessly attack the enemy, while some may attack friend and foe. How they behave while Berserk varies.

That all being said, Zelda, if you can work up a plan that includes measures to counteract the known risks of a Berserk Evangelion loose in the middle of the English Channel, I'll look over it and pass it along to Vice Commander Broome for consideration along with all the other plans."

Captain Serena Silver

spacer.png

Wounds: 13/13

Fate Points: 2/3

Insanity Points: 0

Mikhail Razumovsky

5T8FtUZ6pwFNm0Kw9eRQhMh68kv5bofurE37Pe_cAOeC6BBPDIBSx8qcGjpNl-zWbPeTgAPWa53LnoHyFPdwWg0Z6ORjFG6FkwKfTtbDbKYlz9kOLuY8yD2C0hvZpDwXWMgyG6mq-M5gcoeyJnsfahU

Wounds: 12/12
Fatigue: 0/4

Ego Barrier: 25/25
Insanity:

Privately, Mikhail stands by his initial assessment. During a fight, anyone can make a mistake or get unlucky. The final outcome is what counts... and that was not so bad: all pilots lived, collateral damage was limited, and the Entity was neutralised. But he could see Zelda's and Silver's points. The Denver team was very sloppy. Saying that they were only human would not be very helpful, even though it was true. Certainly he had to do better than that...

He was still pondering the Captain's questions, silent and still, when Zelda made him snap out of it with her sudden exclamation. As the meaning of her explanation sinks in, he nods emphatically. He does wonder at the meaning of the girl's strange expression at the end, though. Turning to Serena after her response, he adds: "Svyatogor can be counted on to fight the Entities and only the Entities, even if I am unconscious. If I become oversynched, this would be a useful option to have."

The Setting 

Time and Date: 17:30, Thursday, 23rd September 2023.

Apartment 212

You sit and watch the fight from the comfort of your living room, commenting on how the fight could be performed better along with trying to use the new information to prepare yourself for your upcoming conflicts.

The rest of the evening is yours, though you know it is best to get an early night as tomorrow will be the press conference.

OOC

This thread has now ended and we will be proceeding to a new thread.