Interest Check - [Cortex Prime] Cyberpunk AI nanobot Heroes

System: Cortex Prime

Setting: Cyberpunk-themed

Themes: Cyberpunk, Superhero, Hopepunk...

Elevator pitch: Multiple Corporations have finally solved 'true' AI, giving them nanite-formed bodies capable of super-human feats, have put them forward as government agents to replace police/fire/emergency services. You play as the first series of AI dealing with the conflict between corporate interests, your morality, your programming.

Naturally, due to using Cortex Prime the setting and features of the game are to be discussed and built together with those interested.

I love Cortex! I love Cyber-Punk! WIN!

So, onto more details:

What modules are you thinking about implementing? Or, how do you imagine us describing our characters?

What modules are you definitely not implementing?

To a degree that depends on what we want to focus on specifically. As you know the set up of the game determines a lot of the feel of play, it's why I want the players to be onboarded at this stage rather than when I've already set it up.

Powers is an obvious set to implement for one.
I'm envisioning essentially both material and shadowrun matrix components to the world so probably nanite power supply as a Stress track with the ability to Push Stress. Though being Stressed Out would only drop you from the material component of the world.
Growth to represent growing freedoms, shaking off shackles of their corporate restrictions.
Perhaps Crisis Pools to represent suspicion and/or corporate control in a more mechanical form.
For ease of PbP I'll probably implement some house-rules, like having each 'session' be a week or two depending on pace, but I'll have to think on that a bit.

That in itself should rule out some stuff, like I don't think Doom Pool fits, but I'm not against anything at this stage.

In my limited Cortex PbP GMing, I used Quest Records and Scene Records. It was easier than trying to conceptualize or define a session for PbP. In this game we could use Heist/Job Records and Downtime/Legwork Records.

I also like using Stress or similar "negative assets" to determine effectiveness rather than HP.

Yeah, I'm not interested in using HP for this, I don't think it makes a huge amount of sense. You might be onto something with the Records side, but I do in particular like the scene requirements of Growth. Records are distinctly more concrete and I've had several players that don't like the rolling to grow aspect, so I can sympathise with that side.