Jump to content

Runes of the Raven


Ace Bronson

Recommended Posts

GrayOwlFinal.jpg.3eefbd675679ccad5a4af476bd1ead90.jpgGrey-Feather 🪶Hunter and Spirit Guide 🪶

Stats

Male NG Human (Shaman 2/ Slayer 3)

Level 5, Init 4, HP 43/43Speed 30, AC 20, Touch 15, Flat-footed 16, 

CMD 22, Fort 6, Ref 8, Will 7, 

CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 4

+1 Composite Longbow +11 (1d8+4, x3)
Tomahawk (Throwing Axe) 9(1d6+3, x2)
Long Spear 9(1d8+3, x3)
+1 Mistmail (Chain Shirt) ( +5 Armor, +4 Dex)

Abilities Str 16, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 13


Conditions: 20% Concealment for 3min.

Raging Song: +2 STR/+2 CON/ +2 Will/-1 AC

Bless: +1 to hit/ +1 vs fear



As the massive barbarian's greataxe hews another reaver down like grass, Grey Feather, again switches targets.

First his aim goes to the enemy Captain, but when the barbarian steps in front of his shot to confront the man, Grey Feather pulls his aim slightly left at the last second and targets the wounded man beside him.

Chest... Throat... Good shots... New Target...

OOC

Rapid Shot - Blue?


Nixtli and Spirit Magic

Screenshot_20240410-164308.png.78c9d5b6e8ceae39dd0da30bf522e812.png

Nixtli Stats

"Ashes"

OWL (Adjusted)

(Master gains +3 Perception in Dim light and Darkness)

Tiny animal

Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

DEFENSE

AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 size, NA +1)
HP 19
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee 2 talons +5 (1d4–2)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 6, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 9
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +7, Perception +11, Stealth +15; Racial Mods +4 Perception, +4 Stealth


Familiar Class Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim


Familiar Feats: Alertness (master), Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link


Current Spirit Magic

Smoke:

Constant 20% Concealment

 
 

(Grey Feather can change his Spirit and Wandering Hex daily. It will be listed here)

SPIRIT

Smoke

WANDERING HEX

Smoke Friend: See through smoke, fog and mist.

PREPARED SPELLS

Cheetah's Sprint

Dancing Darkness

Monkey Fish

SPIRIT MAGIC

Obscuring Mist


Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round: Rapid Shot Arrows

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)
Name
Arrow 1
24; 7
d20+9;d8+5 [15]; [15,2]
Arrow 2
20; 10
d20+9;d8+5 [11]; [11,5]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.43574e495c772ff0de9f3aed1edbcc22.jpeg


Higvarr the Snake sees the last of his men get cut down and a look of resignation comes across his face. He raises an axe in a silent request for brief parley. "I am defeated, I see it clearly. I ask for no quarter or concession, for I am in no place to demand it nor would I have granted it to you. All I ask if for the chance to die fighting man to man, so to better please Odin, for your own glory and for mine. He would not look favorably on the lot of you hacking me down like a mad dog. Instead let us make my final moments a tribute to bravery and glorious death. Your leader against me in fair and honorable combat to the death. If he wins you can toss my corpse into the sea. If I win you can take my head with that man's butchering axe while I hold weapon in hand, and all I ask is that you give me proper rites when you reach land." He waits tensely for a reply, weapons at the ready should they refuse.


OOC

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrayOwlFinal.jpg.3eefbd675679ccad5a4af476bd1ead90.jpgGrey-Feather 🪶Hunter and Spirit Guide 🪶

Stats

Male NG Human (Shaman 2/ Slayer 3)

Level 5, Init 4, HP 43/43Speed 30, AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 17, 

CMD 22, Fort 7, Ref 9, Will 8, 

CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 4

+1 Composite Longbow +11 (1d8+4, x3)
Tomahawk (Throwing Axe) 9(1d6+3, x2)
Long Spear 9(1d8+3, x3)
+1 Mistmail (Chain Shirt) ( +5 Armor, +4 Dex)

Abilities Str 16, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 13


Conditions:



Realizing the battle is won, Grey Feather rests his bow but feels no pride in the victory. It was not his fight.

On the contrary he finds himself in a precarious situation now and sends Nixtli thoughts of precaution and avoidance. Despite helping to kill their enemies, he does not know how the bear's kin and the newcomers will react to his presence.

It may be he who next finds himself fighting for his life.

Either way, he won't have Nixtli beside him until he feels it's safe. And yet, despite his warnings, Nixtli does not abandon his master and comes swooping in to a smoky landing on Grey Feather's shoulder as the misty cloud obscuring the outlander dissipates.

He does not yet approach the group. The enemy captain's challenge is not for him and he will accept no credit for what comes of it.

This is not his victory.

He stows his bow and awaits patiently at the stern of the ship but watches the proceeding fight with a keen and curious eye.

OOC

 


Nixtli and Spirit Magic

Screenshot_20240410-164308.png.78c9d5b6e8ceae39dd0da30bf522e812.png

Nixtli Stats

"Ashes"

OWL (Adjusted)

(Master gains +3 Perception in Dim light and Darkness)

Tiny animal

Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

DEFENSE

AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 size, NA +1)
HP 19
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee 2 talons +5 (1d4–2)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 6, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 9
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +7, Perception +11, Stealth +15; Racial Mods +4 Perception, +4 Stealth


Familiar Class Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim


Familiar Feats: Alertness (master), Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link


Current Spirit Magic

Smoke:

Constant 20% Concealment

 
 

(Grey Feather can change his Spirit and Wandering Hex daily. It will be listed here)

SPIRIT

Smoke

WANDERING HEX

Smoke Friend: See through smoke, fog and mist.

PREPARED SPELLS

Cheetah's Sprint

Dancing Darkness

Monkey Fish

SPIRIT MAGIC

Obscuring Mist


Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ranulf.JPG.4fad043419b1e11ce6a1f0039bafcf1d.JPGRanulf the Rooster  Human Raider


Wiping the blood off of his own axes, Ranulf looks around the crew. Losses, corpses - more foe than friend, to be sure, but too many regardless. And on a mission of clan importance as this one, any loss unnecessary could spell further disaster.

But that was the thinking of a merchant, a farmer or and a silver-counter, not one of a warrior or leader, Ranulf retorts to himself, glancing at the fresh frothing foams of the sea, the blood at his boots and the quietness in the air. And no Hrafning would refuse a call to Odin's name, as much as the raider would put words in the mouths of Valhalla.

With a twirl of the axes, the short man approaches the shaved headed pirate. "A death in battle will truly please the Valfather, aye.", he relays a moment later, his voice cracking a little as the speed of the Volva's spell leaves his veins, making Ranulf wince for a moment before clearing his throat. "Were we merely carrying silver or loot ourselves, I would accept your terms freely, but our task is one for my clan and my Jarl - there is more to it than my valour or yours."

He takes a step to the side, staring at the pirates' ship in the distance. "But an honourable fight you will have. If the Norns have woven my death, you may leave unharmed with all I have and carry, yours by right. And if the Norns have woven elsewise, let your men know that any who wish to follow us will find purpose, glory, and enemies greater than any foe that'd crossed their path, and us folk of valour will lead them fairly."

Fiddling with the strap on his boarding axe, Ranulf stares up into the raider's eyes, waiting for his answer.

 


Stats

Ranulf TN Human (URogue 5)

Init 5  Speed 30  HP 43/43
AC 23  Touch 15  Flat-footed 13 CMD 22
Fort 4  Ref 10  Will 3
Base Attack Bonus 3
Primary Weapon: Mwk Boarding Axe (2) (at will) +11(1d6+5/7)
Armor: Studded Leather Armour - Light Armor - (+4AC) (+5Dex) (+2 Shield when Weapons drawn) (+1 Combat Expertise, Threatening Defender) (+1 Nat)
Abilities:  Str 10, Dex 23, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions: None
Special Abilities

Sneak Attack +3d6
Debilitating Injury (Ex)
Minor Magic (Read Magic)
Arcane Strike (Sp)

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Action:
 

 

Name
Initiative, as I assume it to be important here?
14
1d20+6 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.43574e495c772ff0de9f3aed1edbcc22.jpeg


Higvarr's eyes lift in surprise at the generous offer by Ranulf but he quickly agrees to the terms, "I accept your offer. Should I leave here with my ship and crew, victorious, I will vow to spare this ship any future attacks as long as I lead this crew. Now, let us begin..." With that he takes a combat stance and squares off with Ranulf ready for action.

Higvarr darts forward like a striking serpent hoping to draw first blood.


OOC

 

 

Edited by Ace Bronson (see edit history)
Name
Initiative for Higvarr
18
1d20+2 16
charge attack/risky strike
17; 14
1d20+9;1d6+10 [8]; [8,4]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Ranulf.JPG.4fad043419b1e11ce6a1f0039bafcf1d.JPGRanulf the Rooster  Human Raider


Darting to the side as his namesake, his feathered cloak flourishing, Ranulf turns on a heel, ducking the blow. Swinging his smaller axes with a flurry, the hooks on the axes' back seem to dance in the air, colourful feathers dancing in the wind. "May Valhalla gain worth, then!"


 


Stats

Ranulf TN Human (URogue 5)

Init 5  Speed 30  HP 43/43
AC 23  Touch 15  Flat-footed 13 CMD 22
Fort 4  Ref 10  Will 3
Base Attack Bonus 3
Primary Weapon: Mwk Boarding Axe (2) (at will) +11(1d6+5/7)
Armor: Studded Leather Armour - Light Armor - (+4AC) (+5Dex) (+2 Shield when Weapons drawn) (+1 Combat Expertise, Threatening Defender) (+1 Nat)
Abilities:  Str 10, Dex 23, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions: None
Special Abilities

Sneak Attack +3d6
Debilitating Injury (Ex)
Minor Magic (Read Magic)
Arcane Strike (Sp)

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift: No Arcane Strike, that'd be almost cheating!

Move:

Standard:

Full Action: Two Weapon Feint + Attack with Vambraces. Sneak Attack would be Debilitating Injury to his Attack Bonus, which should reduce it by 2 and another 2 when attacking Ranulf
 

 

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)
Name
Feint!
27
1d20+11 16
Attack, Off Hand, +1 Boarding Axe
21
1d6+3d6+7 3,5,5,1
I completely forgot the actual attack
27
1d20+11 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.43574e495c772ff0de9f3aed1edbcc22.jpeg


Higvarr grunts in surprise as his attack misses and he is hit in turn by Ranulf's axe. Blood seeps from the wound but he bears it stoically and attempts to return in kind. His stances shifts to a more defensive posture as he holds his twin axes out to guard with.


OOC

 

 

Edited by Ace Bronson (see edit history)
Name
Mainhand attack (defensive stance) and damage
17; 11
1d20+7;1d6+7 [10]; [10,4]
Offhand attack (defensive stance) and damage
10; 8
1d20+7;1d6+5 [3]; [3,3]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Ranulf.JPG.4fad043419b1e11ce6a1f0039bafcf1d.JPGRanulf the Rooster  Human Raider


Seeing his foe take a turn for the defensive, Ranulf nods. Not a mere sea-brute the man wasn't - none of those lead crews for long. Stepping forth with a flurry of blows, Ranulf continues to test his foe's defence, one feint at a time. The clash of axe on axe clangs on the boards of the deck, the din of battle carrying amongst the onlookers, friend and foe.


 


Stats

Ranulf TN Human (URogue 5)

Init 5  Speed 30  HP 43/43
AC 23  Touch 15  Flat-footed 13 CMD 22
Fort 4  Ref 10  Will 3
Base Attack Bonus 3
Primary Weapon: Mwk Boarding Axe (2) (at will) +11(1d6+5/7)
Armor: Studded Leather Armour - Light Armor - (+4AC) (+5Dex) (+2 Shield when Weapons drawn) (+1 Combat Expertise, Threatening Defender) (+1 Nat)
Abilities:  Str 10, Dex 23, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions: None
Special Abilities

Sneak Attack +3d6
Debilitating Injury (Ex)
Minor Magic (Read Magic)
Arcane Strike (Sp)

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift: No Arcane Strike, that'd be almost cheating!

Move:

Standard:

Full Action: Two Weapon Feint + Attack with Vambraces. Sneak Attack would be Debilitating Injury to his Attack Bonus, which should reduce it by 2 and another 2 when attacking Ranulf
 

 

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)
Name
Feint vs Target
31
1d20+11 20
Attack with offhand weapon + Vamb, potential Sneak Attack
17
1d20+11 6
Damage
19
1d6+3d6+7 1,2,3,6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.43574e495c772ff0de9f3aed1edbcc22.jpegHigvarr catches onto Ranulf's rhythm and and side steps his next attack, but just barely. Ranulf's axe blade makes a thin slit in his leather armor as it passes by. The dance of blades continue and Higvarr the snake strikes again.


OOC

 

 

 

 

Name
Mainhand attack (defensive stance)
9
1d20+7 2
damage
9
1d6+7 2
Offhand attack (defensive stance)
16
1d20+7 9
damage
7
1d6+5 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Ranulf.JPG.4fad043419b1e11ce6a1f0039bafcf1d.JPGRanulf the Rooster  Human Raider


The defenses, weakened as they may be, seemed to be working well against Ranulf's assault. A frustrated scoff, followed by a grin, appears on his face as the axe fails to meet meat. The Hrafning takes a couple of steady steps, from left to right as he ducks under the flurry from Higvarr's wild blows, before lunging at his target once again.


 


Stats

Ranulf TN Human (URogue 5)

Init 5  Speed 30  HP 43/43 FP 3/3
AC 23  Touch 15  Flat-footed 13 CMD 22
Fort 4  Ref 10  Will 3
Base Attack Bonus 3
Primary Weapon: Mwk Boarding Axe (2) (at will) +11(1d6+5/7)
Armor: Studded Leather Armour - Light Armor - (+4AC) (+5Dex) (+2 Shield when Weapons drawn) (+1 Combat Expertise, Threatening Defender) (+1 Nat)
Abilities:  Str 10, Dex 23, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions: None
Special Abilities

Sneak Attack +3d6
Debilitating Injury (Ex)
Minor Magic (Read Magic)
Arcane Strike (Sp)

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift: No Arcane Strike, that'd be almost cheating!

Move:

Standard:

Full Action: The Same as Before, since it seems to be working so far?
 

 

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)
Name
Feint?
17
1d20+11 6
Attack
16
1d20+11 5
And Damage
21
1d6+3d6+7 5,2,6,1
I am using that Fate Point on the attack, it is rightfully mine.
18
1d20+11 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngHjarlof Hornblower Skald of Clan Hvítabiôrning


With his injuries and his exhaustion, Hjarlof takes a knee, gladly letting Ranulf take the stage. This was, after all, a clan mission on a clan vessel. He leans against the structures on the deck as he watches the finally. This was another deed worthy of song.

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:


 

OOC:

Edited by Xssisha (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.43574e495c772ff0de9f3aed1edbcc22.jpeg


Higvarr and Ranulf weave back and forth seeking out vulnerabilities, but each time Ranulf gets the best of him and Higvarr is unable to find purchase with his blades. Higvarr commits slightly too much with his last slash, leaving him open for just a moment and Ranulf first feints to the left but then comes in from the right and plants his axe deep into Higvarr's chest. Blood wells up immediately and begins to flood the deck around them as Higvarr the Snake sinks to his knees, blood trickling from the corner of his mouth. Though many of the deeds of his life would be considered evil among men, the Valkyries are not concerned with such trivial distinctions for when Ragnarok comes the Aesir will need all brave and worthy men to take up arms and fight. In his final moments Higvarr's eyes cast skyward and catch a glint of light as he must be seeing the Valkyries descend to take him to the Halls of Valhalla. With that the fight is over. The remaining crew of Higvarr surrender to their fate. His core of hardened reavers all lie dead, those who remain are mostly simple sailors caught up in a life of piracy for this reason or that. They are more than willing to join the crew of the Shield Maiden. Between the two crews there are just enough to man both ships with reasonable efficiency but just barely.


OOC

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ulfgrim Ironhide, Warrior from the North

spacer.pngULFGRIM IRONHIDE - Northern Barbarian

QUICK STATS:  AC=20, Touch=13, FF=18 / HP=39/55 / Init=4 / Saves: Fort=9, Reflex=5, Will=6

_________________________________________________________________________

When the last of the Raider crew falls and only their Captain is still standing, Ulfgrim quickly lowers his bloodied weapon as others negotiate duels and deals with ships and crews that affects the barbarian, his family, his tribe, his clan and Jarl, as well as this mission and even the ship we sail upon, apparently without needing the input of anyone else.

Presuming leadership was strikingly dissimilar to his own tribe where such was earned, nonetheless Ulfgrim simply shakes his head and keeps his mouth shut, after all he had been warned by the village Shaman that those he will meet and others he will encounter on this quest will be very different and cannot be judged simply on such differences.

As such, the massive warrior just frowns and says a silent prayer to the gods for the fallen while rinsing his wounds with fresh clear water, which then intermingles and dilutes the spilt blood of others on the ship's deck. Once done, the big barbarian stows his waterskin and walks over to stand near the kneeling Skald from his clan.  

"Well done," is all Ulfgrim says to Hjarlofas he cleans the ichor and gore from his Axe before using his whetstone to resharpen the blade as the warrior watches the duel with interest. There were many things that rode upon the words, and now deeds of others, which was another thing the village Shaman had warned the independent barbarian about having to get used to in connection with this quest.

However, when the telling blow is struck by the warrior who is using two weapons, Ulfgrim yells out, "Sjá Valhǫl," after the Pirate Captain dies a noble death in fair battle!

Then mutters to himself again under his breath, "Sjá Valhǫl," before calling out to the winner of the duel, "WELL DONE!"

Stange style, but dangerously effective, Ulfgrim thinks to himself with a smile and new appreciation for his colleagues as he continues to sharpen his Axe blade with the whetstone, hoping for some healing and some ale, and not necessarily in that order!

Mechanics

 

Free Action: Speak

Move Action:

Swift Action:

Move:  To stand next to Hjarlofas

Standard Action: Sharpen Axe with Whetstone

Continuing Effects: None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngHjarlof Hornblower Skald of Clan Hvítabiôrning


The battle done, Hjarlof does not unduly concern himself with the proceedings about the other crew to follow. Hearing Ulfgrims words Hjarlof nods, "Thank you. You fought well. The Halls will ring of your deeds ere long. I am certain of that." He then recites a short quote from a tale of bravery, placing his hand upon the big fellows shoulder. Ulfgrim feels a sense of contentedness and wellbeing, understanding that he was doing likened to the hero in the verse. (CLW 1d8+5=13)

Standing and stretching his wounded limbs and sides, Hjarlof moves to the side of their Völva. "My lady, if I may, you handled yourself with grace under threat. You do your Clan and teachers proud." He hums a brief tune and pats her on the shoulder as he moves on. She feels the same sense of general wellbeing as Ulfgrim pervade her being, lightening the pain of injury. (CLW+5=11)

Then, singing softly to himself, he moves to stand beside Ranulf, ready to add his voice to any parlay that might be upcoming. (CMW+5)

 

 

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:


 

OOC:

Edited by Xssisha (see edit history)
Name
CLW Ulfgrim
13
1d8+5 8
CLW Vilrun
11
1d8+5 6
CMW Hjarlof
12
2d8+5 6,1
CMW Hjarlof
11
2d8+5 2,4
CMW Hjarlof
9
2d8+5 3,1
CLW Hjarlof
7
1d8+5 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.3103afd1221497ed464c97f3a38200e3.png

ᛋᚢᛖᚾ One-Eye - Oracle of the Stormrjotnrung 5


HP: 41+5/41+5 | AC: 24/14/21 | CMD: 22/19 | Speed: 30/20ft | Hero: 1/3 

Initiative: +4 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +5+1 | Ref: +5+1 | Will: +6+2

Surprising Charge: 1/1 | Fortune | Spells Slots: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2

Active Effects | Consumables | Spells | Abilities | Skills | Curses


While the others gather to watch the duel, Sven keeps his sword drawn and eyes on this new stranger in their midst. The man came out of the mists like some ghost, and looks like no northman Sven's seen before. Wary, he approaches. "Who are you? What's your clan? The way you came from the mists I'd think you an apparition, but your arrows seem real enough. Why were you hiding there?" His mien is stony, his voice grave, but there's uncertainty there. This man appeared at the same time as the raiders, but is clearly no raider himself.


OOC/Actions

Other:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Free: 5' Step

Full Round:

Hands: Sword + Shield

Immediate:

Brynhildr - 130lb

Brynhildr (130.5/228lb):
-Bedroll
-Blanket x2
-Fishing Kit
-Furs
-Mess Kit
-Oil x4
-Soap
-Alchemists' Fire x3
-Feed x5
-Fishing Net
-Mead, 1 gallon
-Bit and Bridle
-Saddle
-Saddlebags
-Tent (small)
-Tent Cover
-Longspear

 Gear - 86.5lb

Worn

-+1 Agile Breastplate
-Cold Weather Outfit
-Eye Patch
-Valknut
-Týr's Spear
-Hip Flask
-Boots of Meili
-Signal Horn

 

Weapons

-Gungnirdottir
-Silver Sword
-Dagger
-Raven Shield
-Ice Bear Claws

 

Containers

Sash
-2x Alchemists' Fire
-2x Potions CLW
-2x Scrolls
-Bravery Brew
-Heiðrún's Mead

Belt Pouch
-Flint and Steel
-Magnet
-Sewing Needle
-Twine
-Whetstone
-Dice
-Thread
-548.05gp

MW Backpack
-Freyr's Rod
-Climber's Kit
-2x Sacks
-Silk Rope
-5x Trail Rations
-Waterproof bag
-Waterskin

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...